Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,026
    It was pointed out to me that this topic and #404 are two different subjects. All I can say is...oops!...and sorry.

KarenS/Vans host, unfreezing the frozen.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• rpaigerpaige Posts: 3
    Re #2: KarenS (KarenS) Fri 21 May '99 (07:29 AM)
      "It was pointed out to me that this topic and #404 are two different subjects. All I can say is...oops!...and sorry."

KarenS/Vans host, unfreezing the frozen.
    Thanks for speeding things along. #8>#)_

I will be freeway roadtripping in a couple of weeks in my new 1999 Grand Voyager SE, I'll post my mileage results.
  • rhtrht Posts: 4
    99 Quest GLE with 2450 miles. Last fillup 20.5 mpg.Combination city highway. Taking a trip next week. Will post when I get back.
  • royallenroyallen Posts: 221
    '95 Caravan, 3.3L, 4 spd with 2 adults and light luggage 24.5 mpg at 70-75 mph on interstate without AC, 22 mpg with AC.
  • rhtrht Posts: 4
    99 Quest GLE - 400 mile trip mostly highway 24.5 mpg
  • codetalkercodetalker Posts: 11
    600 mile round trip last holiday weekend in my 98 Sienna XLE (highway driving at around 72 mph); 23.7 using 87 octane.
    Includes multiple stops at McDonalds. If I see another Big Mac or Beanie Baby I will puke.
  • dmatiasdmatias Posts: 1
    I'm still getting an average of 30 miles per gallon on my 1990 Acura Integra GS 5-spd. Pretty good ha!!
  • bojiebojie Posts: 1
    Driving my 99 Odyssey to work and back averaging about 550 Kilometers a week. I averaged about 11.75 liters / 100 kilometers.
  • VshunVshun Posts: 21
    Quest GLE, suburban driving (not much traffic though) - 18 MPG which does not thrill me. It has 2000+miles on it, maybe will improve later.
    My second car Toyota Corolla(with stick) averages 36 MPG, i.e. twice of that under the same driving conditions on the same streets.
  • drive2drive2 Posts: 10
    1999 Dodge Caravan with 3.3L engine. Get about 19.5 mpg around town.
  • rpaigerpaige Posts: 3
    1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE, 980 mile trip from DC area to FL, driving freeways rarely below 75 mph, averaged 21 mpg with A/C on continuously.

I'm in the same camp with codetalker about the Big Macs and Beanie Babies, but I do appreciate the playlands, so the kids can work off some pent-up steam at lunchtime.
  • tfordtford Posts: 1
    - '98 GC w/3.8L engine & 16" tires - OH to Ontario, Can, roundtrip, 65-70 mph, with AC on, got c. 22 mpg.
    - the overhead computer remains set on average mpg. The AC seems to cut the econonomy by 2-4 mpg.
    - have 15k and no problems so far and like the van very much; but am reluctantly anticipating problems, especially the transmission, due to the data gathered far and wide!
  • stolbertstolbert Posts: 2
    I have a 96 Grand Caravan withthe 3.0 litre V-6. In town I get 18 mpg and on the highway I get between 24-28 mpg. Oddly enough, I have gotten some of my best mileage driving fast, 75-80mph and I have the 3 speed automatic.
  • mrh3108mrh3108 Posts: 41
    '99 Chevy Express Conversion- 17 MPG, all downhill, 70-75MPH, on 750 mile trip up I-75 to Detroit (vacation land USA).

Collected all 12 beanie babies plus duplicates.
    Most importantly, TV/VCP eliminated Playland stop and with the porta potty we managed to cut 3 hours off our normal 15 hour family trip!! Knoxville got pretty smelly.
  • nasmcnasmc Posts: 1
    1998 2500 Chevy Express 12 passenger 5.7L.
    Mileage is awful 9-10 mpg and Chevy says there's
    nothing they can do. Nothing appears in their testing.
    Unfortunately, there are no problems with the
    cars operation. Others indicate better mileage
    but that's not my experience.

I'd like to hear from others with the same problem.
  • rogerf2rogerf2 Posts: 5
    1988 Chevy Beauville (12 pass 1 ton) 350 cu in
    10.11 MPG on Calif fuel (adulterated w/10% MTBE)
    12.2 MPG on Oregon gas.
    These are freeway mileages over the same route. City mileage is not much different.
  • stoltziestoltzie Posts: 15
    Second tank on my new Odyssey was at 19 mpg. Mostly city driving with AC on. Should improve as we get some more break in miles.
  • philipcphilipc Posts: 2
    Just came back from the Smokies round trip (1575 miles) pulling a popup camper 1875 lbs, with luggage rack about 300 lbs with 3 adults & 3 kids, a dissapointing 13.9 mpg traveling 60 -70 mph. City driving with no load except the kids 18 mpg. Bought new in april only has 4785 miles on it since trip
  • tbavistbavis Posts: 6
    I haven't ever checked the mileage on a trip, but it does about 26-28 MPG commuting 40 miles a day. I think 480 miles is the most I've driven on a tankfull. My Spirit (same engine, less air resistance) does about the same commuting, 34 MPG on the highway.
  • codetalkercodetalker Posts: 11
    Averaged 25.6 mpg driving to Colorado and back (2300 miles) on my 98 Sienna with 22000 miles. Van had lots of power going up the mountains loaded down with 2 adults and 2 childrens. I've been very pleased with the vehicle.