Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Traded My Clunker For $3500/$4500, and Bought A...

124»

Comments

• british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    YOu have missed the Saga of the 325i over on the sales front line thread. It was junk barely running with no brakes.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,187
    Sorry for missing something that's probably obvious, but what/where is the "sales front line thread?"

The reason I'm interested is that one of my old cars is the same generation 325 as the one that was clunked.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f09ff51/45343!keywords=#MSG45343

There is more then that that is just the last post in Carguys profile on the subject.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,187
    Thanks, b_r.
  • I traded a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria (with 214K miles) for a 2009 Pontiac G5 XFE. The G5 MSRP was just over $18,000. With significant Pontiac incentives and the $4500 clunker trade, I bought the car for a whopping $7900 (before taxes). That's 57% UNDER the sticker price!!!

I did my research in late June and had all the paperwork prepared in advance. I made the deal the first weekend Cash for Clunkers was operating...before dealers had figured out that this program was like shooting fish in a barrel (and prices went up).

This car is saving me $100/month in gas...which covers more than half of the 4 year monthly payment of $179.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,019
    A reporter is looking to interview participants in the Cash for Clunkers program one year later. Please drop a note to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Friday, August 20, 2010 if you care to be interviewed about your experience.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

124»
This discussion has been closed.