Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Traded My Clunker For $3500/$4500, and Bought A...

• british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    YOu have missed the Saga of the 325i over on the sales front line thread. It was junk barely running with no brakes.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,434
    Sorry for missing something that's probably obvious, but what/where is the "sales front line thread?"

The reason I'm interested is that one of my old cars is the same generation 325 as the one that was clunked.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476!keywords=#MSG45343

There is more then that that is just the last post in Carguys profile on the subject.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,434
    Thanks, b_r.
  • I traded a 2000 Ford Crown Victoria (with 214K miles) for a 2009 Pontiac G5 XFE. The G5 MSRP was just over $18,000. With significant Pontiac incentives and the $4500 clunker trade, I bought the car for a whopping $7900 (before taxes). That's 57% UNDER the sticker price!!!

I did my research in late June and had all the paperwork prepared in advance. I made the deal the first weekend Cash for Clunkers was operating...before dealers had figured out that this program was like shooting fish in a barrel (and prices went up).

This car is saving me $100/month in gas...which covers more than half of the 4 year monthly payment of $179.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,055
    A reporter is looking to interview participants in the Cash for Clunkers program one year later. Please drop a note to no later than Friday, August 20, 2010 if you care to be interviewed about your experience.

Community Manager Click on my screen name to send a personal message. Need help navigating? Check out Getting Started in Edmunds Forums.

This discussion has been closed.
I Traded My Clunker For $3500/$4500, and Bought A... - Page 4 - Car Forums at