Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn VUE AC and Heat Problems

Comments

• I own a 2008 Saturn Vue <59,000 miles and AC is going out. I have owned cars much older with higher miles and never had this much trouble. Would be interested in joing class action lawsuit if one is started. I live in Houston Texas with 100+ temps. Not a good time for air to be out!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,132
    Hi there,

I am sorry you are experiencing an air conditioning issue with your vehicle, especially while living in Texas! I understand how this must be frustrating. I would like to further discuss this concern with you and explore our options for a resolution. If you contact us by Email at socialmedia(at)gm.com we are more than happy to assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
  • You can count me in also I have a 2007 hybrid out of the blue it started to blow hot air just had it checked out the compressor has gone out and what make it worse is a barring issue so if don&#146;t replace it I will most likely replacing a whole lot more only 77000 miles on Vue
  • My 2006 Vue AWD ...AC, power steering, and odometer light all failed together, without warning ..count me in on the lawsuit
    Hi russbush,

I'm sorry to hear that you're currently facing these vehicle repairs. If there is anything we can do to assist with this issue, please let us know. We can be contacted by email.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • rlycosrlycos Posts: 1
    I have only 63000 miles on my VUE Hybrid and the A/C compressor clutch came apart. It cost $1000 to repair. When I called GM for assistance I was told that it's out of the 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. WOW there seems to be a lot of us with the same problem and the only thing GM can say is its out of warranty.
  • Count me in on a lawsuit too. My 2006 Vue does not work at low RPM. Has to be above 30+mph to blow cold. Way too many complaints for this issue and GM KNOWS THEY HAVE A PROBLEM. Unfortunately, it seems, no one can tell you exactly what the problem is except to say, $1,000.00 or nore please to fix. Sad that GM does not step up to the plate and take responsibility for a well known problem. GM-----Look back into all these complaints! Notice a common problem here?
  • Well, well, well it's good to know I'm not the only one having this issue. I turned my heater on yesterday morning and all it did was blow cold air. It didn't matter what buttons I pushed, the heater would NOT blow hot air and it didn't seem to be blowing as forceful as usual. Today I get in my car and the heater works. WTF Saturn? I've had nothing but problems since I bought this car and honestly this is the first and last American car I will ever purchase. It took me over a year to get a faulty inside door handle replaced. Not to mention my CD player stopped working 6 days after my warranty expired. I'm around 40,433 miles.
  • Go to this website (it's a government website) to report these issues. I'm not sure if it's just safety issues or not since it reads like it's for both. Maybe this will make the government force GM to do a recall.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
    Hi xarah,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble with the heat in your Saturn and that this has affected your overall vehicle experience. If there is anything we can do to help with this situation, please let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • I finally took my car in to a garage. They told me the A/C clutch has fallen off. The vehicle has not even done 42,000 miles!! They want $1500 to fix! Count me in for a law suit also....
  • That gets us to just over 20 people. We need more customers to get onboard for a class action lawsuit. I'm saving all of the responses.
  • Allow me to join the list!

My wife and I have TWO Saturn Vues a 2004 and 2006.
    The 2004 compressor went and now the 2006 is going out as WELL!
    We had the 2004 replaced and now works ok (almost $1000).
    We are shocked that we may have to have the second (2006) fixed as well?!

Same issues as listed previously. . .
    30 MPH and higher ok, but less than 30 MPH blows warm
    Low side pressure reads to high (Indication of compressor blow by due to being worn out already?)

With 2 out of 2 Vue's, this is sure a BAD track record!!
    We love the Vue's, but HATE the Compressor!
  • count me in on this lawsuit--i just was told that my AC clutch fell off my 2007 saturn vue green line..and the repair will be $940 to replace it. my email is: wals1@msn.com
  • I have a 2006 2wd/4cyl I purchased used. It was kept in pristine condition and serviced since purchased new at a Cadillac dealership, only one owner. The place I purchased It from received it from auction in December, I purchased it Feb 2, 2013. About 2 months ago I noticed the A/C would only blow cold when going over a certain mph, and it was also making a shuttering sound. I took it to the place I purchased it at and they told me that Saturns were known for the shuttering sound. That I could deal with, except now It seems to be getting worse. The A/C, I was told my condenser and compressor were on the way to being complete crap, and the amount of pressure that everything was pushing when the air was on was a crazy amount, and could later lead to more problems. I still have no gotten it fixed since I just don't have the money. Recently it seems that maybe something else has popped up. Sometimes it makes a sound when I go from park to reverse, and sometimes like it doesn't want to go. I contacted GM and I am taking it in tomorrow and will speak to them about it but I also contacted them VIA chat on their website and through email and they say there is no recalls for my car. I find it OUTRAGEOUS that I keep reading the same issues and yet nothing is being done! I live in FL for candy sake and its HOT!!! :(
  • bfoybfoy Posts: 2
    They did a recall for the shuttering sound. It is something in the Tranny. GM will reprogram it for free
  • bfoybfoy Posts: 2
    2006 Vue. My AC is out too. Went out around 60K. been living with it for years.
  • Do you have any further info on that recall?
    Hi sybee,

We would be more than happy to look up any recalls relating to your vehicle. If you would like for us to look into this please email us your VIN and mileage. We can be contacted at socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber].

Thank you

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • Interesting... My wife has a 2007 Saturn Vue Hybrid... Guess what!? She lost a part off of her AC unit too... Sounds familiar... Luckily it was only about $700 to fix... But, sounds like this has happened to a few people...
  • I have a 2009 Saturn Vue which had problems with the air not getting cold and could not get it to change to distribute the air to the vents. Prior to this I had water leaking into the floorboard of the passenger's side which turned out to be clogged hose. We finally was able to get the air to start getting cold and the control know to blow out the vents. Now, we realize we do not have any heat. You can turn the control knob all the way to the hottest point and it blows freezing cold air. You cannot tell if it is switching from air to heat. We disconnected the battery last night and are leaving it disconnected for 24 hours as someone on here suggested. At this point we are not sure how to recalibrate the hvac control module once we reconnect the battery? Is there a certain tool or computer software we have to use? We don't want to take it to dealer if we can fix it ourselves as it sounds costly. We believe all this started after the battery died and was replaced. Is there a recall or are we just SOL?
  • We bought 2 new cars in early 2009, a Saturn Vue and a Honda civic. We have all the work done at 2 GM dealerships for the Vue.. We are now close to $10,000 in service vs. under $1,500 for the civic after 5 yrs... The latest is we took it in for service, about $2k for various issues. We got it back and suddenly the car is fogging up like crazy. We take it back and it's another$1800 for some corroded heating bar that is leaking anti freeze. I am going to try to find all my bills since buying this lemon.. The other big irritant, the inside door handles are plastic and curled so we were cutting our hands trying to open the doors. We have asked numerous times for replacement parts but eventually just taped them with scotch tape.
    Hi dave_g1,

I'm sorry to learn of your past and present issues with your Saturn Vue. If you'd like for us to look further into the concerns with your door handles please email us your name, VIN, mileage, contact information and dealership to socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber].

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • Last night, my heat when out. The car was only blowing cold air. I changed the settings (defrost, feet only, etc) and it continued to blow cold air out of the front vents no matter what setting I put it on. My husband read the comments about unplugging the battery and he did that but now the air will only blow through the defrost vent and it is still only blowing cold air. It is 27 degrees and of course, like everyone else, I want this problem resolved and the quicker, the better. Any further ideas?
  • xarahxarah Posts: 3
    I had the exact same problem with my handles. The "chrome" was coming off and I would cut my hand constantly. These weren't little scraps but pretty bad cuts. It took me over and year and a half to get someone at GM to finally ok it for me to get it fixed.
    Hello thewebsters,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing issues with your HVAC system. If you'd like for us to look more into this for you please email us your name, VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealership. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber].

Thank you,

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • tcabsetxtcabsetx Texas City, TX Posts: 1
    edited January 4
    I purchased my piece of chit 2007 Saturn Vue Green Line in 2009 with about 12,500 miles on it. Talk about a LEMON!! The a/c compressor clutch "hub assembly" is "gone" (where did it go?) which caused me to go the entire Summer of 2013 with no air conditioning in HOUSTON, TEXAS! I've had the battery pack replaced (under previous recall, thank goodness!), the ignition column and switch replaced, each of the front wheel bearings replaced twice..
    The car definitely has electrical problems: my heated seats haven't worked in 3 years, it randomly locks/unlocks doors (whenever /wherever it damn well pleases, even while I'm driving it; I've locked the keys in car more than once, etc).
    Every time it rains, my front passenger floorboard gets soaking wet.
    It is not uncommon for the check engine light to be on, every time I bring it somewhere to diagnose the light, I get a code for he battery pack.
    Since last Tuesday (12/31/13), it has been parked in my boyfriend's driveway, refusing to start. We thought it might be the ignition switch, but now, it looks like either the starter which is covered in oil, or the battery pack. I've put some miles on it, yes somewhere around 130,000, but I've had problems with it since 2010.
    NEED MORE INFORMATION ON A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!
    Please contact me!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,837

Hello,

It's never a good idea to post your email address and phone number in a public forum (which is why we don't allow it).

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• tzmom2tzmom2 Posts: 1

I have a 2008 Saturn Vue with 50,000 miles. I noticed the a/c was only blowing hot air this past summer. I took it to the GMC dealer. I paid $150 for them to replenished the fluids. The air then worked for 1 month. This winter I have now found that the heat doesn't work either unless I am on the highway. I have been driving my kids around in a car with no heat in -30 degree weather. Is there a recall we have not been informed of?

• geno59geno59 TexasPosts: 23

@dave_g1 said: We bought 2 new cars in early 2009, a Saturn Vue and a Honda civic. We have all the work done at 2 GM dealerships for the Vue.. We are now close to $10,000 in service vs. under $1,500 for the civic after 5 yrs... The latest is we took it in for service, about $2k for various issues. We got it back and suddenly the car is fogging up like crazy. We take it back and it's another$1800 for some corroded heating bar that is leaking anti freeze. I am going to try to find all my bills since buying this lemon.. The other big irritant, the inside door handles are plastic and curled so we were cutting our hands trying to open the doors. We have asked numerous times for replacement parts but eventually just taped them with scotch tape.

I had same problem with inside door handles the literally cut my hand and passengers. Had them replaced at my cost. How cheap can GM get?