Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura Integra - (All years/styles)

Comments

• evorsevors Posts: 7
    never mind dudes I just looked it up on wikipedia...darn i was hoping to try and race it...oh well I'll just convert it for her...what I know how! and it wont cost me much...just enough time off my job...anyway peace out!
  • i been looking at a few integra's lately and i was wondering about their life span? like how long the engine last and mainly the transmission. i seen a few i like now and just was wondering.

thank you
  • amm2amm2 Posts: 12
    I too own a 92 Integra, RS 2 dr 5 spd with 271,000. Orig clutch replaced around 189,000. My problem is motor is getting 'old' per Honda service. A local mechanic is looking for me to sell it to him. I now want awd or 4wd on a similar vehicle. Closest I came so far is the new Volkswagon GTI, but it does not have awd. May settle on Saab 9-2x or Subura Impreza wagon. Wanted to try Jeep Compass. Mazda CX7 also has same feel, but gas mileage not the same. MOst people probably think I'm crazy, but it is a very hard car to find another one like. I am almost tempted to get a 99 on sale locally with 25K and live with snow tires. I am in the northeast and we get a lot of ice snow and I live in a hilly area. What about the RDX?
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    could be just the ticket, but you KNOW there is nothing out there, including the RDX, that will be close to your Integra. :-)

What does "getting old" mean, exactly? Couldn't you just keep it until the first big repair comes along?

If you're thinking of spending CX7/9-2x money, what about a GTI R32? That's AWD, and a real hoot to drive from what I hear. There isn't a new one available right now, but there are slightly used ones all over the place. They would still be under manufacturer warranty.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• darrenb16darrenb16 Posts: 1
    i have a 1991 integra gs with a B16a1 swapped in (del sol vtec motor) with the ys1 tranny (also del sol tranny) and im trying to order new bushings for my clutch....im pretty sure im sounding stupid but do i need to order bushings for an integra or the del sol???? please help so i can order the bushings asap thanks!!
  • karthikkarthik Posts: 1
    I have a 1990 Integra GS, AT with 180,000 miles on it. I hear what sounds like a snapping noice (sounds like the valve) from the engine when it idles cold. But as soon as I drive it for about a minute and the engine heats up, the sound disappears completely. I am a bit worried if it is a major problem or if it is a common problem with high mileage integras of this age!
    Could somebody comment on this please!
    Thanks
  • orion15orion15 Posts: 3
    Nippononly,
    Thanks for the advice you gave me regarding my 2000 Integra. You were correct. My heat shield was broken off on one of the corners resulting in a an extremely loud rattling. The loud rattling is gone. Thanks for you help it's very appreciated.
  • 8prelude98prelude9 Posts: 6
    hi to all of the loyal honda fans...i'm one of them as well but it seems i have a problem....yeah i know don't we all...ok so if anyone can help please just e-mail me at jmkhondafreaks@yahoo.com my wife owns a 1995 integra ls....it keeps overheating ...replaced thermastat. temp.sending unit and cooling fan...runs great but needle keeps going to 3/4 way up hold for awhile then goes back down..fluid gets into reservoir..usually almost full..no water in oil though...one day it does great next day it is crappy..if anyone has any kind of suggestions ..i know that will be greatly appreciated ..thankx a lot
  • 8prelude98prelude9 Posts: 6
    OK PEOPLE ...can someone help me please with my wifes car ??? i'v tried to figure it ou but nothing i am doig seems to be helping it out... i've replaced the themostat, temp. sending unit, cooling fan motor. what is happenning is the needle will go up to 3/4 way up , hold there for a few min. then go back down. get home and over half of the reservoir will be filled up. someone said cracked head..... but no water is in the oil.. someone else said water pump.. but doesn't a water pump that is normally bad leak ?? there are no leaking of fluid anywhere that is noticable.. it'll idle all day and never overheat only does it normally when your driving but occasionally over heat while sitting.. this is her dream car and i finally found one for her she has wanted one since we got married...almost 3 yrs. ago since she first laid eyes on my prelude she has been hooked by the tuner world .. and it really breaks my heart for her car to just be sitting here and her not being able to drive it...even my 22 mnth. old daughter loves the sound of a flow through muffler on the hond motor ...so if any out there can help please help.. and if you wouldn't mind e-mail me at jmkhondafreaks@yahoo.com this is my first time in here and not sure how i would get back to see if anyone has helped.. so if you can help please help...thank you from 3 most loyal honda fans around. thank you again
  • amm2amm2 Posts: 12
    One of the rocker arms is going. The air no longer works and Honda told me it could be electrical...they said drive it until it doesn't go...but don't put any more money into it...not even a muffler. I need to do another oil change...most have been at Acura/Honda. I did have one Acura salesman ask how much I had been advised to fix....but you see...The mechanic I spoke with wants to put another engine into it...I need the AWD for some serious winter driving this year...but would keep the Integra as a second car if possible...means tires, etc...I'm also a pack rate and am having a hard time just giving it up after 14 years of excellent service. I get a discount on the CX7 (invice price) and the 9-2x is going now for $5K off...it's still just an Impreza 2.5...maybe the Aero would be better..but then I will lose the gas mileage. Thank you for all your suggestions...I wil research the R32...maybe an A3??? but I don't want to go into the high 20's. I also looked at the Toyota RAV4...
  • Ok so i bought my second used Integra, this time a 1998 Ls. It seems however that something is up with the latch for the rear hatch/3rd door. It appears to be tied in to the power door locks, but they don't help in opening it. It sometimes works to play with the latch, and the insert and turn the key, but not always. In fact at the moment i can't get the thing to open at all. So can anyone with a 98 LS tell me how this normally works. And if anyone else has suggestions i would appreciate it. Im really hoping this isn't going to turn into a problem car.
    The 1995, '98, and '99 Integras just made 3 of the top 5 spots on the most-stolen list for 2005. :sick:

• gw63gw63 Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with a 2000 Integra that I purchased TODAY! Has your problem been solved?
  • mmyk72mmyk72 Posts: 67
    How do the theives know what year your Integra is? Can they tell that my 94 is not a 95?
    No, they can't. Better guard your '94 pretty closely too! :-/

• mmyk72mmyk72 Posts: 67
    What do they want with such old car? Last I checked, it's worth only $3000.

• troopstroops Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 acura integra GS. My seats are pretty worn out and I want to replace them. I have found a set of seats but they are for a 2001 integra. My question is if anyone knows if I will be able to swap them out? Thanks
  • My son had an accident with his integra LS 2 door. his front end went into a 97 Thunderbird...Luckily no one was hurt...The collision shop thinks there is no frame damage. The car has only 27,000 miles and we are the second owner. Kelly Blue book says retail value with those miles is about $10,100. If they total the car will insursance pay that value??? They already told me if they fix it they will use after market parts. That i am not happy about...Any suggestions as to what i would be better off if totaled or fixed, an if fixed how can i force insurance co. to use factory parts as i do not want after market...The insurance co. has the body shop as a recommended place to take your car, but for my money don't i have any say???? Thanks in advance.

:( :( :(
    California has a law that you can insist on OEM replacement parts in body work, and you can pick the shop, even if the insurance is paying. Other states have similar laws - you should check the Bureau of Automotive Repair in your state.

As far as what they will pay to total your car, it is negotiated, and usually starts at retail and goes down. Evidence of repairs, maintenance, and upgrades count for you as long as you have receipts. Cross your fingers they don't total your car though - the last of the Integras were great cars.

• I am hoping they do not total it. Other then front bumber, hood, and MAYBE 1 fender, they think there was no frame or engine damage. The radiator was broken though. With only 27,000 miles i would take my chances getting the car back. It is maintained well and unfortunately just spent over $300.00 changing fluids, wires, etc..Have eveey record from when we bought it at 15,000 miles. Just hope the damage is not 75% of value, that is rule of thumb they will use in fixing vs. totaling....Thanks for the response!
  • Looks like they will total it...It is a 1999 integra LS coupe with 27,500 original miles, WAS in good condition, auto, stereo, cd, cloth, sunroof and an added spoiler....I am seeing many different prices, NADA retail average says $10,200.00 where will be a fair price if totaled??? I am also entitled to sales tax here in Florida...Thanks in advance for anyones suggestions!!

:sick: :sick:
  • chucko3chucko3 Posts: 793
    If they total the car, ask your insurance if you can buy a car back for a lot less, a few hundred bucks. Do some
    repairs and apply for a salvage title.
  • guys, help, last time i checked,,2000 integra SE came with 1.8L engines., im trying to buy one and found a really nice one for 9000 at 160000 clicks with everything power except no sunroof,,but the engine is 1.6L? what does that tell you about what could be wrong with it if anithing at all, and isnt that price anyways a little too generous for a 2000 model?

This is the description i found:

2 Dr, 1.6L, 5 Spd, Pwr Steer, Pwr Door Lock, Pwr Window, AM/FM Radio, CD Player, ice cool A/C, ABS Brakes, Cruise Control, Pwr Mirror, Mag Wheels, Ext. Warranty Available. Certified, E. tested, 30 days Warranty.

its a nice looking car too..helpp???

THXXXXX alot : )
    2 things:

1. ads like that are often wrong - it is a local dealer who probably has 15 cars he is juggling, and was going by memory when he wrote the ad and got it wrong. Check the car out in person to be sure.

2. Is it a Canadian car? Is "160000 clicks" 160K km, or about 100K miles? For a 6 year old 100K-mile car, $9000 might be an OK price, a little on the highish side and that's all. And besides, are those Canadian dollars?

• lol, i feel so smart :S(not) thanks a lot, i called them they said its 1.8 so probably a mistake, but i have another question, if i go see the car, does the engine have whats it is written on it, and whats the name that comes on that engine , do you have any idea? i think it should say honda v tech or somthing for the engine that comes with it?no?would it say 1.8L?....

Number 2- my math skills are bad, first of all, it is a canadian car, 160 000km milage, and its 8000 CDN so i guess that would be around 7200 U.S..lol...im so sorry about the confusion nippononly, but yea i guess you were on the right track, i just confused you... THANKS A LOT anyways

p.s- if i was to put leather seats and a sunroof on it, do you have any idea how much id be putting on that$$? Thanks
    Wow, you don't ask a lot of questions, do you?! LOL

OK lessee, it's an SE, so it's NOT A VTEC. It will say Honda on the engine cover. In the U.S., every car has an emissions sticker under the hood (usually attached right to the underside of the hood) which will show the engine series including the displacement. Don't know about Canada, but rest assured, it's a 1.8! :-)

$7200 US for a 100K Integra LS, six years old, in good condition, would be a good price. If it's an independent dealer, ask about the possibility of taking it to your own mechanic for a check-out.

The prices for aftermarket leather and moonroof vary widely by quality and region. You could easily spend over $2000 around here where I live, but would it be worth it? Yeah, probably, if you are going to keep it a while. Better to make it the way you want it right up front.

• too bad nobody wants a 91 Integra LS..... I have one that I leave unlocked with the keys in everywhere I go, and still no one takes the frickin thing!
  • I have a 90 Acura Integra and I am having some trouble with the A\C.

1) When I turn off the car the A\c fan stays on and runs down my battery. There is s sticker that says the fan may stay on for about 15 mins but it runs for longer than that. What can I do to fix this problem?

2)When I turn the A\C on while driving or parked my Temperature gauge goes into the RED. Also when it does that if I turn off the A\C the temperature gauge still goes into the red. What's funny is if it starts doing that while I have the A\C on and then I turn the a\c off it still goes into the RED once I stop. However, while it is going up(and I have stopped) and headed into the red with the a\c off I would excelorate while in neutral and the niddle would drop back too below half. Please help. Any help would be GREAT. Thanks in advance.

I cannot understand what is causing this because my friend's 1991 LS is doing the same thing.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,278
    Well, first off, that's not your A/C fan running when you shut off the car. That's the engine cooling fan. The reason it continues to run, probably, is because the car is running too hot.

There's something wrong with the cooling system. Could be the thermostat, the temp sensor, or the fan itself. I'm not well versed in your particular car, but I suspect the thermostat.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country