Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura Integra - (All years/styles)

Comments

• orion15orion15 Posts: 3
    Two weeks ago a rattle started in my engine. When I am driving at 1700-1900 rpms and 2900-3200 rpms there is a loud rattling coming from the engine. It sounds like a rock boucing around. This began suddenly without any previous signs. There is no loss of power or performance only a loud rattling noise. There are no strange emissions and the gas mileage has reamained the same. Does anyone have any suggestions? This began right after the gasoline change over. Does anyone think that this could have any effect? I am confused because I am not an agressive driver. Thanks for any response.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,669
    probably a loose or broken exhaust heat shield. Look up near the exhaust manifold first. You can usually just pry it away some, then drive it to see what happens. Hopefully, you will find this new noise is gone.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• Hey y'all... Recently bought a '92 LS AT w/150K. It needed CV's (which it sounds like some folks are paying *way* too much for-- my mech did both for $260) and a muffler assembly (which I did myself). Next in line is a timing belt and water pump, just because there are no maint records (FWIW my mech quoted me $240 for the belt, not counting the pump). But, it's obviously been *very* well maintained. Aside from the axles and muffler (and baked clearcoat-- hope to be able to paint it before too long) I've tried real hard to find *anything* else wrong with this thing (knock on wood). So far, not even a burnt bulb. Doesn't use a drop of oil (and the oil's still clear after almost a month and 1500 miles; it was changed the day after I got the car). AT shifts smooth as butter. AC blows cold as ice. Rolls straight, brakes smooth. The moonroof let in a few drops of H20 in the car wash, but reaming out the drains seemed to fix that. No taillight/trunk leaks or whatever. The interior looks like it might be a year or two old, and even the freakin' cruise control works.

Here's the deal. My beloved '89 RS AT, bought new at the time, got totaled in 1996. I've always hoped to get another early Integra, and finding this one for $900 last month has been the highlight of my year so far. I'm determined to take this little car to 300K. So, after the t-belt and water pump, any thoughts on what I should have done next as preventative maintenance, since prior maint records aren't available? I'd much rather be proactive on keeping the car, motor, and trans fit, than have something sneak up. Trans fluid/filter? (Fluid's bright red, no burnt smell). Other ideas?

Counting the axles and muffler I've got about $1300 total in this car so far. I have no problem spending $1K or so a year over the next few to keep it on the road; I'd just rather not get hit with a motor or tranny all at once. It gets twice the mileage of the SUV I was driving exclusively before (and which is now parked except when work demands the cargo space) so it'll easily pay for the routine stuff. I'm also considering going to full synthetic oil; the extra cost isn't an issue and from everything I read, synth is just plain purer than *any* refined oil.

Any and all thoughts welcome and appreciated. Tanks in advance.
    Yes, if there are no records, do the auto trans, and do the t-belt and water pump, making sure to do the camshaft seals at the same time. Those silly Honda water pumps can create such havoc when they go. After that, enjoy! :-)

• Thanks! :shades:
  • rustyartrustyart Posts: 3
    :shades: Trying to re-vive my grandmom's car. 1989 Acura 3-door hatchback. The hatch is extremely heavy and will barely lift. I think the hydraulics are broken? Does someone know what is involved in getting the hatch to work - do I have to replace a liquid hydraulic or something or a part? Thank you!! RustyArt
    Yeah, you can replace the struts that hold up the hatch - they are the tubular things at the left and right. They will be less than $100 for the pair at the auto parts store, double that if you go to the Acura dealer. They just bolt on to the metal at top and bottom - you can replace them yourself, or a mechanic will do it for cheap.

OK. Thanks a lot. I see them on e-bay and will buy. Thanks again. Rusty
    The inside of my 1989 Integra LS is kind of a faded blue, but the exterior is white. Does anyone know if this was an original color combination? Or where I can find a listing of original colors? Thanks! :shades:
  • xill_alxxill_alx Posts: 3
    Main relay is located under the dash. Do a search on e-bay (for a 91 integra main relay). This way you will have a general idea what it looks like. Its a small box about 2" x 2" and it has a coner over it. should be somplace near the steering cloumn.
    Yes, that's an original color combo.

• veilsveils Posts: 3
    I have a 91 integra sedan LS and it is getting time to replace the car but I can't find one that I like. Any suggestions to a comparable car? I test drove a MINI (just not the same) and a BMW 330i (that would work but too expensive).

My 91 has been totaled due to the fact that body work from a fender bender cost more than the insurance company said the car was worth. I had the body work done and kept the extra cash from the insurance company. That is still one fine car but I am getting hesitant to drive it on long trips because I am no mechanic and would hate to get stuck somewhere on the road.

I love the way the car handles, the way it fits me just right, the way it corners, and in general I love my car. I just need a new reliable car. Mine only has 140k or 150k miles and I suspect that if it does break it will be something minor.

I have kept "my baby" well maintained and have a great mechanic - Paul at hondura in Irving, TX.

So are there any similar cars out there today that would perform as well as my 91 integra? It still can get over 30m/g on the highway with the wind at my back and I love the good gas mileage that my car still gets even in town. When it was new I once got 42m/g on the highway with the help of the wind at my back. :)
  • veilsveils Posts: 3
    I forgot to add that I need an automatic transmission because of all the traffic and bad drivers in my area. What was the last year they made a true integra that feels like the 91 integras?
  • tigerwutigerwu Posts: 1
    I have a 90 integra Hatchback LS with 290K and It still gets 34 m/g on the Highway. Replaced timing belt and water pump for the third time last year. I looked around and could not find anything that is comparable in performance, gas mileage, and trouble free. Let me know if you can find one. I will keep driving it until the engine or transmission break down or, knock on woods, total by the insurance if I get hit by someone.
  • aimeetalaimeetal Posts: 1
    I have a 91 acura integra that I recently bought.. I had it checked by a mechanic before I bought it, and basically he said it was fine besides the cv boots.
    However, I recently brought it to another mechanic who said the rear transmission seal is loose, and the car has 6-12 months left before it dies, and it will cost atleast 1000 to fix it. I guess I have to get a 3rd opinion now, but does anyone know how much it costs to fix a transmission seal?
  • Hi. excuse me to highjacking this tread, but I didn't find any other way of posting my question:
    I have an 96 acura integra. where do I look in the car to see what type my acura is? type R, type SL, etc, etc...
    thanks for your time, and sorry for the HJ

stef.
  • 2000 Acura Integra GSR 2 Door Hatchback

Price $9,500
    Body Style Hatchback
    Mileage 92,000
    Interior Color Black
    Engine 4 Cylinder Gasoline
    Transmission Manual
    Drive Type 2 wheel drive - front
    Fuel Type Gasoline
    Doors Two Door
    VIN JH4DC2390YS003011
    2000 ACURA INTEGRA, 92K mi, GSR in excellent condition, loaded, all maintenance completed, everything works great. , PLEASE MAKE OFFER!248-915-0151, $9,500, 219-983-2138
  • 2000 Acura Integra GSR 2 Door Hatchback

Price $9,500
    Body Style Hatchback
    Mileage 92,000
    Interior Color Black
    Engine 4 Cylinder Gasoline
    Transmission Manual
    Drive Type 2 wheel drive - front
    Fuel Type Gasoline
    Doors Two Door
    VIN JH4DC2390YS003011
    2000 ACURA INTEGRA, 92K mi, GSR in excellent condition, loaded, all maintenance completed, everything works great. , PLEASE MAKE OFFER!248-915-0151, $9,500, 219-983-2138
  • my integra runs good but every once in a while it will overheat, and it only does it when it is sitting still if i put it in neutral and rev it up just a lil bit it will go back down and it doesnt always do it.it is fine on the highway,it has anitfreeze in it.any ideas or typical things for this car it could be.

thanx
  • Hi guys...I'm new here...just found you today cus last night my 93 acura integra left me stranded for the 1st time ever. It had been acting up lately. I noticed that my lights flickerd on & off [non-permissible content removed] I drove & my hazards & brights said they were on when they weren't flickering on & off on the dash.....as this happens....my baby wants to sputter & stall. I'm thinking lose connection somewhere cus it wants to start when I shake the steering wheel hard...rocking the whole car. Does anyone here know what this might be.....can anyone help me to try to figure this out???