Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura Integra - (All years/styles)

Comments

• hi guys..i recently got my timing belt replaced and was wondering whats causing the car to have a bad acceleration problem after the engine gets warmed up. It would lagged up a bit then will accelerate smoothly. Please help..thanks
  • I have a 96 gsr and Some times when I get on it, the passenger side half shaft will pop out of the tranny. I can get under the car and pop it back in and it drives fine. I replaced both half shafts and my motor mounts are fine. Any ideas?
  • I have a 96 gsr (manual) and Some times when I get on it, the passenger side half shaft will pop out of the tranny. I can get under the car and pop it back in and it drives fine. I replaced both half shafts and my motor mounts are fine. Any ideas on what this could be or how to fix it?
  • I have a 96 gsr (manual) and Some times when I get on it, the passenger side half shaft will pop out of the tranny. I can get under the car and pop it back in and it drives fine. I replaced both half shafts and my motor mounts are fine. Any ideas on what this could be or how to fix it?
  • when im driving 40-60 mph and my foot is on the throttle my car makes a whistling noise, im new to the imports so im not sure what it is, any suggestions?
  • If you have an after market air intake the filters sometimes make that noise. I have had two cars that have done that. I wouldn't worry about a slight whistle. If you wanna see if it is the filter, take it off and put the stock one on and go 40-60 or you can just take the filter off, but don't drive too far with it off, you don't want stuff going in your intake manifold.
  • lhylhy Posts: 48
    Hello:

What are the insurance costs like for an 1999 Acura Integra LS sedan with automatic transmission?

Are these costs more than other import sedans like a Maxima, Corolla, or Accord?

I know that Integras (and like other Hondas) are the targets of thefts and also used for street racing.
  • dave310dave310 Posts: 3
    I have experienced that same thing, I have 93 GS. But mine was never too serious and mysteriously went away w/o any repair.

Sorry this reply may be a little late for you. (Strangely, i bought my car the same week you posted your msg).
  • dave310dave310 Posts: 3
    I have an intermittent starting problem with my 1993 Acura Integra GS that my mechanic has been unable to duplicate or diagnose. When the engine is cold, i sometimes hear nothing when i turn the key (though not every day!) But then if i keep trying it, the engine will eventually turn over, and starts fine the rest of the day. Sometime the delay is only a few seconds, sometimes almost a minute. Can anyone offer an explanation?
  • mmyk72mmyk72 Posts: 67
    My 94 Integra LS did the same thing a few yrs back. Eventually it wouldn't start at all or only intermittently. I took it to a shop and they said to put in a new starter. After that, it has worked fine for several yrs now.

Another possibility could be just loose connection at the battery.
  • i had a similar problem with my 92 gs. sometimes it wouldn't start at all, other times i used a jump box and gave the starter a little tap with a mallet and it would kick right on. the starter was replaced twice within a year and i kept having the same problem. when i eventually took it to a reputable mechanic they said it might be a bad ignition coil which is tough to diagnose because it could give you a good reading at one temparature then test bad at another. i went ahead and got a new one off of ebay for $18 and with new plugs, wires, cap and rotor i've had no problems. i would test the coil when it's hot and also maybe the ICM. hope this helps.
  • cisco19cisco19 Posts: 2
    My name is Francisco Lopez and I am looking for a used 2000 Acura Integra with Automatic Transmission, either a coupe or sedan, to buy it at a fair and reasonable price. The car must be in good condition and running condition. So if you happen to have or know someone who has a used 2000 Acura Integra with Automatic Transmission and is in good running condition please get in contact with me as soon as possible.
  • shr30shr30 Posts: 15
    Francisco,
    I am interested in hearing more on your needs/ideas for the integra - let me know.
    I have a 2000 auto in great shape, but would like to hear more of what it might lead to.
    SR
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    The CarSpace forums cannot be used to buy or sell items and postings that offer cars for sale or are looking for cars to buy will be removed

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• Mine have been $968 per year for a 98 Integra LS sedan w/automatic. I live in SE PA, in the Philly suburbs, therefore your premium may vary.

To answer your second question the costs would be higher than those for a Corolla or Civic, about on par with the Accord but probably lower than those for a Maxima.
  • I need a wheel center cap for my 90 GS Integra. It is a 14 inch factory wheel called "Torque Star". The cap is 6 3/4 inches wide in front and the back has a ring on the inside of the clips and it measures 6 1/2 inches from side to side inside the ring. Having a tough time finding it especially for a 14 inch with 4 lugs wheel.
  • r_kr_k Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am new to this forum and looking to buy 1997 Acura Integra LS 4dr (114k on it); the deal I am getting it is $4800; I need help with the following:

- Do you think it's a good deal? :)
    - Are Acuras known for long innings i.e. over 200k?
    - Is there anything to negotiate on Acura Integra 1997/any known problems in the car? :(
    - My need is basically a car for daily commute, put really around 70+ miles daily. ;)
    Need your help to answer the above. Looking forward to your help!

Thanks
    RK
  • nipponnippon Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Twenty years ago, Michael J. Fox said "Kakko-INTEGRA" !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb6t-vK7Giw&feature=related
  • car_lovecar_love Posts: 27
    I paid about 1200 a year for a 98 GSR

Bought an Accord and was only paying 900 A year.
  • My poor little car was backed into recently. The hood and bumper have been crumpled; one of the headlight housing was also crumpled, but the light and the motor still work. I want it all repaired. I love my car; it has over 240K miles and runs like a top, even after the accident. A concern of mine is that my insurance company may declare the car to be totaled. What amount of money can I expect if it is declared totaled?