Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura Integra - (All years/styles)

Comments

• dguelich1dguelich1 Posts: 2
    I'm in the market to buy a 95/96 900 SE Saab coupe vs a 96' Acura Integra. Both cars run about the same price; however, there appears to be more concern over upkeep on the Saab. I live in Chicago so most driving will be city miles. Any and all opinions would be appreciated!!

David Guelich MD
  • only1harryonly1harry Posts: 1,136
    an almost definite possibility that you will spend more money to maintain the Saab and keep it running. A co-worker just spend $1150 on his '93 Saab with only 73k mi. on it! It needed to have the power steering rack fixed which leaked (not sure if they replaced it or not), a new voltage regulator and some other stuff. Oh and I believe he already had the radiator replaced. He also spend hundreds of $$ before when the car had around 58-60k mi. on it for some other repairs and says he 's spend about $2K so far on the car. That's REALLY high for a car that's just broke 70k mi.!
    By the time you spend $2K on an Integra, it will have over 150k mi. on it, counting maintenance items too like timing belt, tune-ups, brakes, etc.
    Why don't you buy a new Acura CL Type-S (260hp)? You guys are supposed to make good money, aren't you? unless you 're just starting out..
    My uncle used to lease a new Porsche every 2yrs and bought a new BMW every 3 but he was surgeon.
  • wiwangwiwang Posts: 17
    The GS-R TMV is currently 19,367 including S+H. I checked jsut a couple weeks ago and it was about $2000 more! Do you think the GS-R will continue to have its price lowered as the summer draws closer for the RSX to debut? Im thinking about buying, but am drawn between it and the Celica GTS. Any suggestions?
    You can touch a GTS for low 19's. Maybe low $21's but not 19s so you 'll save a lot by buying a '01 GSR but you gotta get what you like best.
    I can see the GSR dropping a few more hundred $$ but not much more. That's a really good price and over $3,000 below sticker. I paid $19.8K for my '99 GSR when there was a $1,000 factory to dealer incentive. They must have a $1500 or $2K one now. Check the Edmunds Rebates & Incentives section.
  • nylegacynylegacy Posts: 4
    I had the same question as post#185. Now that I know what the TMV is, what's the most practical way of approaching a dealer?? I'm buying the car right out, no financing. I've heard of people faxing in offers but I'm not sure how well that works. BTW, I live in NY and there our a lot of dealerships in my area. Thanks
  • himilerhimiler Posts: 1,209
    Hello, again. I'd go ahead and start calling your local dealers and find out who'll sell you the GS-R for $300 to $500 over invoice (or wherever you'd like to start--I never pay more than 2% over invoice). If you approach them straight-up about it, you'll find someone hungry for the deal. Start shopping around the 21st day of the month, and hold out hard for your price--walk away if needed. By the time the 28th rolls around, you'll be getting a call from a salesperson anxious for one last "hit" that month. Then you'll know that you're in charge. Happy mindgames!
    I bought my GSR from Curry Acura in Scarsdale, not far from you since you live in the same County. The way I did it was through www.carsdirect.com in June of '99. I went to 3 dealers first and the lowest price I could negotiate at the time was $20,500. I then looked up the price at carsdirect.com and it was $19,898. Filled out the application. They called me back 24hrs later and told me they 'll start searching for my car at dealers in my area. Another 24hrs later they called up and said they made a dealer with a local dealer. I went to Curry Acura (or Scarsdale Acura), test drove the car, signed the paperwork and bought it. Carsdirect makes like $200 but that comes out of the dealer's profit. You don't pay it directly to them. It was very painless though. They do all the negotiating for you and they have to find you the car at the price they advertise on their web site. The only problem I 've heard with that is, that some people told me they would send them to dealers where they had Integras with like 100mi. on them, or the dealership would be 100mi. away. When I contacted them, I made it clear to them that I wanted the car to have less than 10mi. on it, I wanted it to be from a dealer outside of NYC (too many potholes in the city and didn't want to worry about a crazy taxi driver hitting me) and that I would travel up to 60mi. to get it. The lady was very nice and said we 'll do our best. Now I think they may want you to pay the $200 up front before you even buy a car but I 'm pretty sure it's fully refundable if you 're not happy with the car they find you or you decide to back out. I was at Scarsdale Acura about 3 weeks ago and they had at least 15 Integras in the lot, but only 1 GSR. GSRs are kind of rare around this area and it's a small percentage compared to the LS & GS models. I waited 6 weeks for one of the dealers to take delivery of a red GSR. 1 other dealer didn't have any GSRs and another only had a black one. I 'm sure by the end of June you 'll be more eager to meet your price on an Integra if the rumors are true that the RSX is coming out in July.
  • jimworxjimworx Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 1995 Integra SE with an automatic transmission. That being said, there has been a number of problems with the car that I have been unable to figure out.

1-Whenever it rains, there seems to be a puddle under the passaenger mat. I've followed the water trail and it seems to be coming from under the dash somewhere, but I have no idea what's under there or what can be causing the leak.

2-There seems to be this annoying rattle and squeak coming from the rear. I can't tell if its the suspension or the hatch.

3-There seems to be this rattle coming from either inside the dash or in the driver's side door. It sounds like a small plastic piece, and you can only hear it when I brake (not so much when I go over bumps).

4-When I first got the car, the ABS light would stay on all the time, but now it doesn't. Does that sound like an electrical problem, or a brake problem?

I know these are minor problems, but its driving me crazy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    jim
  • maxq2maxq2 Posts: 6
    I am thinking about buying a new Integra. The TMV of a new Integra is hundreds less than invoice--this is even before subtracting the current $2000 rebate. How is this possible? A brand new 2 door LS 5 speed would only cost
    $14,835 using TMV. Is anyone getting this type of deal on a new car? Thanks.
  • lforbeslforbes Posts: 1
    Just bought a 96 integra ls auto. When the driver's window is down, and i shut the door, it "clangs" and is noticeably louder than the passenger door. When the window is up, no problem or noise. Most likely, of course, something is loose in the track that causes the window to rattle upon closing when its in the down position. Does anyone have any advice or experienced this problem? I am assuming that its not a regulator or motor problem since it works fine going up and down. Is it most likely a quick fix (take off door, fix track or tighten loose screw or whatever?)? Also, doesn't make any noise on driving. Only noise is when shutting the door.

Thanks
  • swynnswynn Posts: 5
    The TMV price does include the dealer rebate. It does not include tax and other fees. I just bought a GS-R this morning. The TMV on that is $19,367. I got mine for $18,860 (with almost no negotiating). So there are definitely some good deals to be had. The dealership I went to said the RS-X's are literally on the truck on the way to the dealership and that they are being instructed to move the Integras out.
    By the way, I'm loving the car so far! It's a fun, sporty little car, even if it is "a little long in the tooth"!
    swynn, where did you get ur GSR at? and what kind of insurance rates are you getting? I just bought mine last nite...im learning to drive stick, so hopefully i can learn it soon enough so that i can enjoy the car. mine is red...last GSR on the lot.
  • daschwadaschwa Posts: 1
    I'm about to pick up and '96 Acura LS with 60 k on it for 8400. What does anyone think. They are the original owners and the car is like new. I'm new to acura's. It's an automatic, are they really that slow? I wanted the stick but was unable to come across one.
    If you can wait and look a little longer I 'd get a 5-sp. The autos are pretty slow or at least compared to ones with the manual tranny. Especially when you 're saying "I wanted the stick..". You 'll regret getting the auto, not that it's a bad car, it's just the acceleration factor.. Same with Celica GT-S 6-sp vs. auto. The Celica auto is almost 1.5sec. slower. So it's not just the Integra, most cars with auto are slower than their cousins with a manual gearbox.
    on your new GSRs folks. Welcome to the VTEC club!
    You guys got some great prices on them! Enjoy!

Now all you gotta do is throw out that POS 14mm sway bar and get a Comptech 22mm one to improve handling (and some decent ZR tires too).
  • jjwm76jjwm76 Posts: 1
    HELP! I have a 97 Integra and I am having a problem with the antenna. It has stopped working. It is stuck in the up position. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any remedy? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    My antenna has been frozen in the "up" position for about 16 months. I'm not worried about replacing it becuse the dealer wants ~$300 to fix it. You can go aftermarket thru Crutchfield for a cheaper unit, but chances are it'll just break again. Be glad it's stuck in the extended position, and replace it if/when some punk snaps it off--that's my plan.
    wiwang, congrats on your GSR! I got mine at Proctor Acura in Tallahassee, FL. I got the silver, though I really liked the red also. I think 2001 is the only year they've made the GSR in silver, so I thought that might make it kind of unique. To tell you the truth, I haven't gotten my insurance switched over yet from the last car I had. I didn't get to sign the papers on the Integra until late Friday, so I will be taking care of insurance tomorrow. I've been out all weekend driving the car, what a blast! By the way, anyone in the North Florida or South Georgia area looking for a GSR, Proctor Acura in Tallahassee has 3 left, silver, red and black (as well as four door GSRs in black and titanium). And they have a few GS and several LS models as well.
  • sportycarsportycar Posts: 2
    Hi, did anyone buy an Integra recently with 2K rebate?
    How much below invoice do you pay?
    I am interested in getting a LS or GS, but not sure usually how much dealer charge?

Any infos are appreciated.
  • gunga64gunga64 Posts: 271
    Hi,

I'm thinking of selling my Integra outright I paid about 12,500 for it in 1993 and I've been getting wholesale and retail pricing from 4000-8000 for it. Does anyone know if Edmunds used car prices are accurate. because when I see these cars for sale they get sold fast and at higher prices then edmunds says.

I would recommend an Acura to anyone that is looking this car has been great, only problem I had was after 7 years the Ac crapped out. But the car has been very very very reliable.
    Wish I could afford the suv.
    wiwang, I just found out the insurance on my GSR will be $498 for 6 months.
    sportycar, I used the $2000 rebate for my purchase. I would check the Edmunds TMV for the LS and GS. I got mine for about $500 below the TMV price, so the LS and GS should be at least that much below for a good deal.
    I 'm surprised the dealer sold you the car with no proof of insurance. Here in NY, they won't let you drive off the lot without them having a copy of your insurance card. It's also illegal to drive the car without insurance so I guess the dealers here could be held responsible.
    Yeah, I 'm pretty sure '01 is the first & last year they made the GSR in silver. I know many people that would rather have a silver GSR than red, black or blue, so you should have no problem selling it when the time comes. Do they still make the dark green GSR? I think that color was discontinued for the GSR in '98 or '99 and replaced by the supersonic blue which is another very rare color.
    Im just learning to drive stick...I've been driving my GSR around the past weekend and it is pretty fun... My insurance is pretty high though...it's about 780 per 6 months for minimal coverage...but i guess maybe it's because of where I live (suburbs of Philadelphia). I would have loved to have gotten a silver or white integra (is there a 2001 white color?), but the dealer only had a red and black and the black was sold. but the red is very nice...just too flashy and might draw unwanted police attention.
    Wiwang: As long as you don't drive like a maniac, the cops won't care what color your GS-R is. I drive my red '98 1,500 miles a week and have never even been stopped. And I don't drive like a Grandma, either. Just use common sense, and learn where the cops like to hunt.

Like you, however, I would have preferred a silver GS-R: my '96 LS was silver, and it still looks good.
    I did have to prove for the dealership that I had insurance, they photocopied my insurance card. When I got to the insurance office, the dealer had phoned in the info on the new car, so they just had to print my temporary cards. At the dealer I had to sign something saying I had an existing insurance policy from my previous car and that I would have it switched within 30 days. My rate was for full coverage and $100 deductible, but I have multiple policies with them (State Farm) and I've never had an accident so I get discounts for those two things. Plus I'm a 32 yr. old female and my location is not a high crime area.
    Only1harry, I think they do still make the dark green GSR, they didn't have one at the dealership I went to. They do make the GSR in white as well. I thought the silver looked really sharp with the black interior and that it might be a little more valuable down the road when it comes time to sell it.
  • occupant1occupant1 Posts: 408
    depending on mileage and model and conditions and equipment, I have seen 1992-1993 Integras sell for anywhere from $1500 for repossessed beaters to $3000 for high mileage clean cars to $7500 for low mileage showroom perfect cars. If your car has average miles and is clean and decent, I would expect to get $4000-$5000. If you have the car detailed, or you do it yourself, get out all the little pockets of dust and make sure every surface is bright and clean, you'll get more for it. We're trying to sell my wife's '98 LS automatic, blue, 52K, trying to get $14,000 for it as it is near perfect. If she'd let me have it for a few hours to get sparkling clean, we'd have more people looking at it, I'm sure. CarMax offered $11,500 for the car, so we're trying to beat that and get her an older (94-96) GS or GS-R with a 5-speed, in green, blue, or black. I've found a few replacement cars but until we get that car detailed, I don't think it will sell except to CarMax for wholesale.

Edmund's TMV can help, especially when starting out in your quest to sell and getting a ballpark value to start asking. A great idea is to check your local paper, used car magazine, and the local dealers, to see what the cars like yours are selling for. Not what the sellers are asking, but what they sell for. When I see a classified ad for a car close to mine, I call the guy to see what kind of response he's getting at his price for his car and use that information to better price and advertise mine.
  • sportycarsportycar Posts: 2
    Just test-drove 2001 LS.

This will be my first new car purchase.
    I have some questions about the car. Hope someone can help me.

1) I feel my celica (86 GT) is more stable and has better handling, especially on curvy roads (It is a larger car,longer/wider)
    My celica is still running great. I noticed that although it is lower than LS, but it has more headroom.
    When I sit in LS 2dr, my head almost touched the ceiling. (3/4 fingers away)
    Do you feel the same?

2) Another thing I am not sure is the dealer ask me for extra 217$ (99 documentation fee, 33 running/process fee for title?, and 85 for title/plate)
    They said it is standard fee. Is that normal?

3) I noticed that there is 2K rebate. Should dealer pass all of that to us?
    When there is no rebate, usually how much do you paid over the invoice (e.g. 17978 for LS)?

4) The invoice the dealer gave to me is about 200$ more than edmunds', i.e. 18117. (Two dealer gave me this number) Is that right?

5) Anyone has a LS 4dr with 5speed? Seems no dealer has this model in New England area.
    I tested a LS 4dr, but it is auto. I like the space very much, but don't like the auto at all.

5) Do you find sunroof's visor/refector useful? ( They ask for 125$ for it).

Sorry for so many questions, and thanks in advance.
    you should be able to get an integra for invoice or maybe even less. I recently bought a 01 GSR for 18.6k which is right at the invoice price (after the 2k rebate), plus i got free lifetime inspection and every other oil change free. I think you will be able to get even better deals as the RSX arrives.
    (to swynn & others) was only available in '94-96. There was no white (called frost white) for '97+ GSR models.
    In Canada though they still make the white GSR. Go figure. Canada has also had the silver GSR since '99 or '00.

The white is still available in LS & GS trims though.