Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

My 2008 Outback won't start.....AGAIN!!!

bigdaddykbigdaddyk Member Posts: 1
edited May 2014 in Subaru
Hey everybody,
I hope someone can help me out with the problem I'm having with my 08 Outback. Three times over the past few months the car has refused to start. It cranks and cranks and cranks but wont turn over. Every other time I have let it sit and tried to start it after a time and it starts right up. This time it hasn't. It only has 17K on it and I'm really getting frustrated. It has thrown one code "0183" but it quickly went away. Any Ideas?

Thank you for you help in advance,
Tom

Comments

• Options
    cptpltcptplt Member Posts: 1,075
    thats a fuel temp sensor code, take it in to the dealer, you are still under warranty
  • Options
    suebeansuebean Member Posts: 1
    I have had the same problem with my 2008 Legacy. All three times the garage has replaced the ignition coil and the car is fine until another wet period where I forget to make sure and start my car. Was it wet and rainy just before it refused to start? Had you gone a day without starting it during this wet period? I don't know enough to know what the wet and ignition coil connection is, but this is the trend that I have seen. I am worried that this problem is going to persist past the wranty period.. Anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    inthetropicsinthetropics Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having a similar problem on my 2005 Outback. After a heavy rain, when I try to start it, the thing sounds like it is trying to fire up on 2 cylinders.
This discussion has been closed.