It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
HHR 2007 Lemon
We talked to a law firm and they believe not only do we have a lemon law case they also think we may have a breach of warranty case. They asked us to send in copies of all our service records. We were on our way to the dealership at the time because our car once again started messing up. Which was last Friday, July 17th. I told them that I would scan and email the reports when we got back from the dealership. Because our HHR's cooling system and a/c went out that morning.
We called the dealership ahead of time, we already had a pending appointment with the General Manager for the following Tuesday (today) at 8:00 AM to discuss this case and told the G.M. what was going on. He agreed to meet us when we got there. He took all of our service records we brought for him to look over and said he would like to take care of the problem in house.He offered to give us a trade in amount of $12,000.00 which is over the KBB value. If he could trade us out that morning he would do it then and there to get us in a vehicle that works.
We picked out a Jeep Which was only 16,200.
and then they asked us if we wanted to put down a down payment on the Jeep, besides the HHR.
We told them no, that we just wanted to trade across the board. That this is not something we planned on doing, we are in the middle of moving, and we hadn't saved up to put a down payment on a car, we already put $10,000.00 on the HHR. He understood and agreed. He let us keep the Jeep for the weekend and was supposed to have things worked out for Monday, with NO down payment, just the HHR as a trade in. The General Manager said he was going to sell us the Jeep wholesale and turn around and sell the HHR wholesale. We were just supposed to sign and drive away.
When I called them Monday AM July 20th, they said they still didn't have the loan worked out and that they would call me in a little while. (I work in my car on the road all day long.) They called several hours later. It was also hours after I did an interview with one of the loaning banks. They again started to pressure me on the phone wanting $2500.00 down or we couldn't get the Jeep that I am still driving. They haven't started working on our car. They told me to keep the Jeep again, until I heard from them this morning. Tuesday July 21st. But we may not get the loan with out a good faith down payment. (I don't understand this when the bank called and interviewed me she said everything looked great. We even talked about why I wasn't giving cash down along with our HHR.)
We have contacted GM and the BBB. We are seeing who can do what for us. GM said they would exchange the car, but only for another GM car at that dealership. We are so tainted on GM cars right now we are looking to just get a refund and start over.
We now have our records in our hands again, we have faxed them to the lawyer's office. If he thinks we have a case, then we will follow accordingly, whether it be with the BBB or the Lawyer.
It was explained to us that the General Manager was trying to get another sell from us instead of taking care of us and our lemon car. Also that the down payment plus GET THIS the interest rates. (They can legally set your interest rate up to 2% higher than the bank asks for), and that is all gravy for them of course so is the down payment. He was just trying to get us to give them MORE money!!! I actually told him he should be ashamed of himself.
We had to leave the car at the dealer's service department and pay for the diagnosis and a rental. We are now just playing the waitng game.