Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-5 Wagon

Comments

• Hello all. I just purchased a used 2006 9-5 wagon/auto this past weekend - 14,000 miles on a lease vehicle that the dealer picked up at auction. Only had it a couple days, but seems like a real nice car. I'd appreciate a little help with a few quick questions:
    1) Is it normal to have some acceleration hesitation when driving at low speeds - or should I take it to a dealer for checkup?
    2) Can someone explain how the use of the 3 headlamp settings - it appears the headlamps come on automatically in the first setting, but the hi-beams won't stay on when in this setting. When I use the third setting, I can turn on the hi-beams, but it looks as if the headlamps are always on. Read the manual, but still confused.
    3) Can the radio equalizer settings (custom or auto) be saved station specific? I.E. - when I change the setting to "talk" for a news radio station, the "talk" setting also becomes the default for all my other saved favorite stations. In my other GM family vehicles I am able to saved equalizer settings for each station, and don't know if I'm just doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
  • sidvsidv Posts: 63
    Sorry this is late:

1. I have an 07, not an 06, but definitely not. Especially in sport mode it's quick off the line with minimal turbo lag.
    2. I never figured this out, it's stupid.
    3. I don't think it's that smart, but I never really tried.

Sorry I can't be of much help.
  • sidvsidv Posts: 63
    Wow, nothing like talking to yourself in a forum. I just wanted to say that in the sixteen and a half months (and a mere 10 posts overall in this forum) that I posted my one year review that my 9-5 has been absolutely flawless save for a very occasional rattle near the sunroof. The short term lease is about up and I will miss it quite a bit, it's been a really good car that has grown on me throughout its stay. Shopping 2009 BMWs, Mercedes and Volvos for a replacement did not particularly impress me despite the Saab being overdue for replacement.

Sad to see Saab in such a condition as it is now, getting an all new 9-5 by now should be an option but unfortunately is not. I hope the new model sees the light of day.
  • Ours pops out too. My 2003 Aero sedan is fine however.
    Saw pics of the 2010 9-5 today on www.globalmotors.com It's awesome!
  • dslapodslapo Posts: 2
    I suggest we get a lot of us 2000 9.5 SAAB owners to start a class action law suit against SAAB USA to make them make the corrections to the defective electronic system and the gasket heads they have on the engines. They delivered a flawed product to us and we deserve to have them correct what was obviously a mechanical flaw in the manufacturing of the 2000 SAAB 9.5. Lets start this now. All who are or have expierenced problems with the 2000 SAAB 9.5 please write to me at dslapo@nyshowroom.com and lets get a good law firm to represent us in a class action lawsuit against SAAB USA. A frustrated consumer.

Dennis Slapo
  • dbl782dbl782 Posts: 3
    I am in the market for a new car, I have test drove a couple of these cars....and love them! I am coming off of a BMW 528 wagon, which I will miss dearly, but it is not in my budget right now to buy another. I know that Saabs can be pricey to repair, but over all, what are some of the major issues with that year? Also, are those things that a handy family mechanic can fix? Also what about a 2003 9-5 wagon?

Any advise will help! :confuse:
  • stmssstmss Posts: 206
    For 2002, I would think the biggest thing to look out for is sludge. Big problem if it was not serviced correctly or PCV upgrade not done. I would check out saabnet.com forums for input over there. Lots of knowledgeable wagon owners - who likely have a list of things handy to tell you. They will likely recommend 2004 or newer. These cars are a steal right now.
  • ipcguyipcguy Posts: 10
    I've been looking at a 2006 Wagon which has no Aero badging or lowered suspension or wheels but has the aluminum dash as opposed to the wood dash. Was there ever a stock aluminum dash on a non -Aero model?
    Thanks
  • ipcguyipcguy Posts: 10
    In 2006,Saab discontinued the "Aero" badge and had just the one model,. However, they had a Sports package option that had the aluminum dash. I researched this as I just bought a 2006 9-5 with that very package.
  • ahalksahalks Posts: 4
    I looking to buy a 2004 ARC wagon with 95,000 miles. Does anyone have any helpful comments with regards to the engine and expected maintenance I should expect. I appreciate any experiences current or past owners would like to share.

Thanks
  • SAAB is a great car, or was a great car. I have owned six of them since 1991. That many miles could be a problem as lots of issues may present themselves.
    Buyer beware.
  • ahalksahalks Posts: 4
    Can you give me an idea as to what types of repair or items I should watch for. Someone told me this model has a timing chain not a timing belt, which may not need replacing for a while. Also, the exhaust is stainless steel which should also last longer.

Thanks again
  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Posts: 2,346
    Working my way thru these Saab threads. When I saw u say this, i thought I wonder if u feel the same now, almost 6 years later?
    I see you are still a host here. Any chance you missed this question? Thanks
    Here we are 6 years later and they are finally doing it. But not with the turbo 4 cylinder :(

Plus it is gone upscale farther than the extra 2 drive wheels should warrant. :(
    Here we are 4 years later. Very curious to hear about your Saab experiences so far? Still plan to keep for another 6 years?
    I see you haven't logged in since you bought it. Hopefully you will get an email notifier and let us know how you like it still almost 4 years later?
    Well Sid I have made my way thru all 1000+ posts. And as it turns out, you haven't been talking to yourself. (in reference to about 3 of your posts thinking that no one was reading them). So I saw your last post and it would appear u did hand in your lease. Curious tho if you are missing the 9-5? What did you end up getting after?
  • The car has 88,000 mi on it but I've had trouble starting the car and it stalls - recently had it repaired for bad ignition coil and oxygen sensors. I thought I'd sell it on my own after the repairs were made but not sure what the best route is at this point.

Overall exterior/interior is ok - some scratches and dings.

Can I sell to someone for parts?

Any advice would be appreciated.