Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watching out for Fraud

2»

Comments

• Hello,

I have a friend who got duped into buying a used car that is worth around 13K with a financing plan that will add up to 30K. Considering how ridiculous the loan is, what are her options? Is this a matter for the small claim court? Should she be contacting a lawyer right away? Should she tell the dealer to renegotiate the contract? I don't know how much money she already put into it, but assuming it's not a lot, should she just stop paying and have them take the car back? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,918
    Well, we would really need more details about the transaction to give you advice - specifically, how was she duped? I mean, if, in ignorance, she just overpaid for the car and signed a really bad finance contract, there's not a lot she can do, and no attorney will take the case as there's nothing to recover. Bad judgment does not have any legal recourse available. However, if there's more to the story, people here may be able to offer feedback.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,963
    Yep. not enough info for any of us to venture a guess.

She is probably out of luck since the deal has been done.

There may be more to this story. She could have horrible credit and/or she may have traded in a car she was badly upside down in.

Who knows?
2»