Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave AC Problems

Comments

• We are the original owners on a 2009 Buick Enclave that has just under 51,500 miles. During the warranty period, we had the transmission, Brakes system MC. The power steering AC sensors were also replaced. The TPMS systems have been replaced. The brake system was worked over by the dealer. The battery also died and was replaced by the dealer. Now, less than 1,000 miles after warranty expiration, the AC system seems to be dying. It seems that every Buick Enclave has AC problems at 50,000 - 60,000 miles or less. How is this not a recall by GM? I noticed that many of you have contacted GM about these same items. Have you had any response/help from them, other than an appointment to get ripped off by their dealers? Will see what Dealer do for us tomorrow.
  • woods75woods75 Posts: 4
    We had basically the exact same issues you have had, with the addition of transmission and the air bag system. The rear evaporator core and master cylinder on the brakes (as well as yet another air bag sensor) went out on our 2008 Enclave around 62,000 miles. Our local dealer was able to get GM to pay for 75% of the repairs. I still feel it should be a recall, but was very pleased with GM's actions.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    Greetings satbuick09

I'm sorry to hear about your A/C not working on your Enclave. In regards to your question about this not being a recall-- recalls are issued on a case by case basis. If you are concerned that your vehicle may be included in a recall, your dealer would be aware of this information. Please keep us updated once you have visited the dealership.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    woods75,

I am pleased to hear that GM was able to cover a large part of your vehicle repair. If you have any future vehicle concerns certainly do not hesitate to contact us.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • cmensingcmensing Posts: 7
    Well I thought when I had to pay $2400 to fix the powersteering on my Enclave and only $150 to fix the A/C back in April I was out the woods. Oh but I forgot, this is a GM, so back in again today for the air conditioner that blows warm air, and low and behold another $1,800 to fix the air conditioner. Now the car is only 3 years old, but because I put many highway miles on it is over the warranty. But really GM, are powersteering and air conditioning really that sensitive to miles driven??? My Ford Explorer went 135,000 miles and 13 years before I has to fix a leak in the air conditioner. I told the guy at the Buick place to put the keys in the car and I'll stop by and pick it up. With the temps in the high 80's and humid I will not fix the air conditioner and will continue to tell everyone I know, and those who have the misfortune to drive in it, that the air does not work so think twice before buying a GM!!! And Amber, please do not waste your time, or mine, I am not interested in you checking to see if GM can do anything because we both already know the answer.
  • cavagmancavagman Posts: 2
    I've got a similar problem - my ac system no longer works and I'm being told that the evaporator coil will need to be replaced. I currently sit around 60000 miles (~110000km). Will GM assist?
    I di not get any help on the $2400 power steering repair and do not expect any help on the $1,800 air conditioning repair. Sorry.
  • dede03dede03 Posts: 1
    2008 Buick Enclave with 61,000 miles. I, too, have the same A/C problem. Doesn't blow in the front, but blows in the back, however, warm air is coming out of the back (this just happened this morning). When I got the "stabilitrack" message I brought it in and for $500 they fixed it. My steering is now needing repairs and was told that would cost me $1,400. I feel like GM should take responsibility for all of these issues. How convenient they all happen after the warranty expired.
  • cavagmancavagman Posts: 2
    I've got a similar problem - my ac system no longer works and I'm being told that the evaporator coil will need to be replaced. I currently sit around 60000 miles (~110000km). Will GM please assist?

:sick:
    Hi cavagman,

I am sorry to hear that your vehicle is not working at this time. I will do more research on this issue to see what options are available to you. Can you please send me your full name, VIN, address, contact information, and dealership? Please email this information to us at socialmedia@gm.com [ATTN: Amber]. I look forward to hearing from you.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    My 2010 Enclave air conditioner needed $1,700 for repairs and I already spent $150 back in April on it. Went to GM's web site and called customer service number for Buick and 2 days
    later my dealer called me back and said GM would pay 75% or around $1,300. Not the greatest since I still had to pay $550 on a 3 year old air conditioner. I wouldn't hold out much hope for Amber from GM who probably contacted you, she couldn't get me anything for the $2,400 power steering fix I had to pay for back in April.
    Hey Boblub,

What's a TSB and did you have to pay for the extended warranty?

Thanks.
  • hicksdhicksd Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Hello,

I have a 2008 Buick Enclave and literally have my car at the shop right now because of the Air conditioner not blowing cold air. I just received a call that the Evaporator Core has to be replaced for $1800. I only have about 60k miles on it. I am furious. I absolutely have had nothing but trouble with this vehicle since we purchased it brand new in '08. I have read some of your messages and I can't believe how common the problems are among us. I have had the water pumped replaced about 2 years into owning the car. The control panel was replaced also for problems with the A/C before. The front airbags and the rear inside lights in the roof of the car leak water. I took it to the dealer 2 years ago and thought they fixed it....No luck still leaks. One our recent rains my backseat was so wet I had to soak it up with a towel. I have no idea if any other damage exists from all this water stuff yet.
    These problems along with the recalls they've have on this vehicle are just ridiculous when you've purchased a brand new vehicle. I have always heard a noise in the steering system and sometimes gets a little hard to turn the car every now and then. My Stabliltrak light has been on twice, I've taken it in...I was told it's nothing. Once I get this mess resolved and I am really going to consider getting rid of this vehicle.

It is so funny I just had a neighbor come ask me last week about how I liked the vehicle and I am not going to recommend this vehicle to anyone EVER!
    I am going to pursue this further with Headquarters and keep you all posted. I really do believe this should be a Class Action Suit as well. Has anyone started that process yet?
    Hi hicksd

I am very sorry that your Enclave has caused you such frustration. If you would like for us to document your concerns within our system, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com. If there is any additional assistance we can provide to you, please let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • I too have a 2008 Enclave. I have replaced a sensor in the fuel tank, 3 wheel bearing assemblies, both front half shafts, water pump, alternator, fix the sunroof leak twice, water filled the entire fuse block and had to have the fuse block and the fuses replaced, the steering box, front struts, not to even the Motor that blew up at 50 mph. Oh yeah then you start with the electronics that just choose to give up all at the same time. Would you rate this vehicle very high GM or would you just do a recall on all 2008 Enclaves and get them off the streets before NO ONE buys your product again.
    Hi there,

I can certainly understand your frustrations and apologize that you've had multiple issues with your vehicle. If you haven't already spoken with GM Customer Service in the past about your concerns, we'd be more than willing to document your complaint within our system and address any additional questions you have. If you would like for us to start a case for you within our system, please email us your VIN, mileage and contact information.

Regards

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • I too am having the same problem. I was just told last week that the evaporator coil will need to be replaced, I have 58,000 miles on my 2010 Buick Enclave. I was told that this will cost $1,595.00. Will GM assist? This is absurd to have a 3 year old car that needs a evaporator coil replaced. I have been a loyal customer to GM since 1987. This is my 2nd buick enclave (I purchased a Enclave in 2008 being the first one in my area to have a Enclave and had loads of problems with the 2008 and still bought another Enclave) {shame on me}.
    WILL GM ASSIST???
  • I would guess that they will help. They paid 75% of mine, and have done similarly for others that I have heard of. I would very kindly whine at your local dealer service rep and ask him to go to bat with GM for you. My service rep indicated that GM would help the first time, but probably not again.
  • Thanks for the info. I will whine!
  • I bought a 2008 Enclave last year and have had no trouble so far except the air. I always felt it wasn't cold enough.
    I checked it myself, I work on vending machines, and it was within the correct pressures.
    I had my mechanic look at it when I had it in for an oil change and he said it was ok.
    Finally I added about 4 oz of freon to it anyway and it is working much better. fine I would say.
    Probably on a long trip the evaporator is icing up and not allowing air flow across it. Shutting it off for a while allows this to defrost and it will be ok for a while.
    There should be a puddle of water under the car after it sits awhile, somewhere by the front passenger tire. If not check that the drain hose is not blocked. I would check it anyway to be sure.