Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave AC Problems

167891012»

Comments

• Thanks for the info and advice. GM customer service and my local dealer called me, they are replacing my evaporator coil and charging me only $150.00. So, GM did good on their part.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    hey steibs4,

We're always pleased to hear of a satisfied customer. Glad that your situation was taken care of. If you ever need anything in the future, please let us know.

Best

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • Hi sarah,
    I'm also very frustrated with my enclave...I just took it to the dealership & they diagnosed it as needing a compressor to condenser hose at almost $700. Is this right??? How is a hose $700? I think I am going to have to give up on my Enclave...I can't afford it anymore!
    Thanks,
    kris
  • firemanjonc1firemanjonc1 Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    My enclave has been in to the dealer twice now for the AC. It is hissing or equalizing pressure while at idle. They recently told me it was due to idling low and charged me $127 to clean the injectors. They said that due to the low idle the compressor was cutting out. However this is still an issue. Every time you slow to a stop it will wind up to a very noisy hissing and then as soon as you give it gas it goes away. It also stops blowing very cold and becomes humid when hissing. Does anybody have a clue what's up?
  • Did anyone ever get this resolved? I have a 2009 Enclave with 35,000 miles and this started a couple of years back. It's becoming more and more of an issue as of late and the dealer cannot replicate it of course and could really give a crap in my opinion. My issue is the EXACT issue that others have noted in that after a longer trip (1+ hours with the AC on) the front AC vents stop blowing air. It just trickles out and sometimes you see some frost/steam coming from the vents. Turn the car off for 5 minutes and it miraculously works again. This is very frustrating to say the least especially when the dealer treats you like a fool.
  • moose2010moose2010 Posts: 1

All I can say is wow! We purchased our 2010 Enclave 2x premium last April - we love the vehicle, the look of the vehicle gets complimnent all the time. Now the trouble begins; well they started to begin late this past summer. - with the A/C which seemed to be like a collapsed hose, now it seems from all of the posts that apparently GM purchased quite a few faulty evap cores from china or Mexico or whereever - come on GM really? After 3 years the product fails! Where is that Buick quality the consumer is paying for? - now during the middle of winter the heated seats will work intermittently, we have added additional coolant to the system as the coolantblevel was a gallon low according tonthe service center as we didnt have any heat; where is the coolant going GM, the drivers seat is currently now stuck in the most forward position it can travel, and the electronic telescopic steering wheel no longer travels in and out, up and down no problems! Really this is the quality one' should expect after spending an elevated amount of money? Really? We could have gone foreign like to Hyundai but I have always sided on American vehicles! Now what? My vehicle VIN is 5GALVCED7AJ187259. GM "HELP"

• epalmerepalmer Posts: 3

I had to replace the AC fan motor at 2000 miles and my 2013 Enclave smokes all the time.

Does the smoking stop after it is broken in or is it a head gasket, valve issue?

• epalmerepalmer Posts: 3

Is anyone else having a smoking issue, even after the vehicle has been running for over an hour?

• abhababhab Posts: 1

I have begun to experience air conditioning problems in my2010 enclave identical to many of you. Early last summer it began to freeze, then a little over a month later it wouldn't engage at all (not good for a MS August). After I serviced refrigerant it worked normally for the remainder of the summer. This year the problem has returned. I serviced it again last week, and it has already dumped. I also have the passenger air bag fault, and the thunk noise in the front suspension when going full throw on the steering wheel. To those of you who have had success in getting gm to help fix these common issues, what did you include in your correspondence with customer service?

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001

@abhab said: I have begun to experience air conditioning problems in my2010 enclave identical to many of you. Early last summer it began to freeze, then a little over a month later it wouldn't engage at all (not good for a MS August). After I serviced refrigerant it worked normally for the remainder of the summer. This year the problem has returned. I serviced it again last week, and it has already dumped. I also have the passenger air bag fault, and the thunk noise in the front suspension when going full throw on the steering wheel. To those of you who have had success in getting gm to help fix these common issues, what did you include in your correspondence with customer service?

Hi abhab,

We understand that you're having trouble with your air conditioning and we'd like to look more into this matter and try to be of assistance. If this interests you, please private message us your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and preferred dealership. If you'd prefer to send us an email, we can also be reached at socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber]. Please also reference your screen name.

Thank you,

Amber N. GM Customer Care

• kidnappedkidnapped Posts: 3

I've lived free from Enclave A/C repairs for 647 days, but now I'm back to this GM owners support group. Last year I made a quick stop in the timing cover leak sessions, but I think here is where I was meant to be.

This is a forum in which we are all learners and all teachers.

I am original owner of a 2008 Buick Enclave. My rear A/C first stopped blowing cold air in July of 2012. The rear evaporator was replaced at the dealer. Problem solved. After 647 days, it looks to be happening again. The rear A/C is no longer blowing cold air.

I had found that by always keeping the auxiliary A/C on, I was able to prevent the other A/C problem described on this forum from recurring. (having the front vents freeze over and stop blowing air). But it looks as though I've just moved from stressing one Enclave design deficiency to another.

I'm off to the dealer on Monday to discover the problem.

I know I have a problem when I want to exchange a completely unreliable 2008 Enclave for a possibly unreliable 2014 Acadia, or 2013 Suburban. I think I need a sponsor to divert me from this snowball of GM ownership.

I'll email Amber and Christina, if she's still around.

• kidnappedkidnapped Posts: 3

looks like I get to provide input on Enclave A/C problems on every 6th page of the forum. Hopefully I won't be around to comment at page 18. Please let me know what parts of the air conditioning system are redesigned for current model year lambda platform vehicles.

167891012»