Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave AC Problems

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,082
    scfrazer,
    I would recommend speaking with the dealer regarding your concerns with your vehicles. If you would like me to look into recall information please just email me with your VIN and current mileage. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • trd2jztrd2jz Posts: 1
    Same problem here! 2008 Buick Enclave.
    My car has been to the dealership more than any of my other cars combined!! The A/C is complete garbage! I've had mine at the dealership for A/C problems on 3 different occassions and headed back for a 4th time. (Thats not even counting other reasons, leaking sunroof, clunking sounds while driving, 1st to 2nd gear, loose steering, ect ect...)

Heres the problems, so far! The A/C stopped blowing cold air, freon leak but dye couldn't find the leak, an actuater replaced, A/C reprogrammed, constant HISSING sound (So annoying), fluctating A/C speeds, again A/C stop blowing cold air, ect.

I have about 45K miles on my Enclave and I didnt purchase the extended warranty. I'm thinking of contacting an attorney to see if there is a legal remedy. Hopefully he can at least get an extended warranty on the A/C. Maybe even the lemon law could apply to this situation, possibley make GM buy it back to me! :lemon:
  • brackbrack Posts: 1
    Has the air conditioner problem been fixed and if so what was the problem, we are having the same trouble with our 2008 Enclave
  • Hi Benz

We have had no problems so far this summer with the AC (knock on wood) which is fortunate considering we have had temps well over 100 degrees for days. The last repair (#7) was sometime last fall. There were leaks underneath the car that they were finally able to see because of dye and a black light. I'm sorry I don't know the technical term for what it was but I do know they used dye and a black light to spot it. Now, they put the dye in on the 6th repair and didn't see anything. It took until the 7th repair for the dye to make its way down into the system where they could see it with the black light.

On another note...I just had my third transmission put in. Maybe one of these days GM will step up to the plate and do the right thing. Good luck!
    brack,

Have you taken the vehicle in to be diagnosed by a GM dealership? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • rebel26rebel26 Posts: 1
    2011 Enclave, driving from FL to NC about half way there.
    A/C fan slowed down & output temp increased, temp outside 102.
    After a rest stop blows cold for awhile, then warms up.
    Called dealer Mon. at 0800 in Boone NC cannnot get in until Thurs.
    Air is now working around town.
    trd2jz,

I apologize for the problems you have been experiencing with the A/C. By chance, have you been in contact with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email me your case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • goauburngoauburn Posts: 1
    We bought a used 2008 Buick Enclave (GM Certified!) less than 90 days ago. of those 90 days, it has been in the shop 20 of them. It has required work on the head light, tail light, a new rear air blower, a steering column make over to repair a squeaking noise and two accelerator plates to correct a problem with the stabilatrac system that shuts your car down where it can only go 40 mph until it is corrected. After all of that, we tried to make a trip to Florida this week only to get 5 hours in and have our front A/C quit working. The fan was blowing, the air was cool, but it would not come out of vent.

We love the vehicle when it is operational, which, so far, has been about 60% of the time. We now have to take it back to the dealership. Fortunately we do have about a year extended warranty, but seriously, the car will probably have to be in the shop another 2-3 days. Can someone give me an Enclave that works?
    goauburn,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. I would like to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. In order to start the process I will need your complete contact information (including full name, mailing address and phone number), VIN, current mileage and the involved dealership sent to me in an email. Also, could you please provide a brief description of the problems you are experiencing?

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
  • whbrownwhbrown Posts: 4
    Seems as I have the same problem as many others on this forum. I was driving back from a long trip and got about 4 hours into the trip when the front blower for the AC quit working. I tried to manually override the system, no luck. Front defroster would not work, a safety issue. The rear AC did work so I was able to somewhat cool the car. Today the system is working again but I'm sure on another long trip, I will become unhappy again. Has anyone been told what the root problem is on this?
    whbrown,
    Have you spoke with your local dealer? I apologize for your frustrations. If you email me your VIN I can look into recall information for this concern.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • circlewcirclew Posts: 8,372
    I got this from my 2003 Denali A/C issue when it was 2 years old. Had to set temp to 74 deg. for front/back units for 20 minutes to reset the system.

It worked but unfortunately the compressor failed in 4th year of ownership anyway.

That's GMC for ya! :mad:

Regards,
    OW
  • We have also experienced a similar issue with our Enclave, but it happens at any time when driving or stopping, the passenger side will continue to blow cool air and the driver side heats up and roasts you. We have resorted to putting the car in neutral turning it off while in motion and restarting it this seems to reset the malfunction and then shifting into drive and it temporarily fixes the problem until it happens again which could be within 5-10mins. We purchased our 2008 used and have had it for 9 months it is out of warranty due to over 12,000. miles and I am extremely frustrated.
    I tried turning the car off but no success, only worked again after a few hours of being off. I really suspect the control board is over heating and will not respond to anything until it cools down. I'm taking the car in tomorrow but to be honest, I don't expect any resolution. You know the old "everything seems to be working now". Has any one experienced the front blower quitting in the winter? This is why I suspect the control board of getting too hot. If I can't get any satisfaction from the dealer, I'm going to try to vent the console.
    Follow up to message 75. The car is at the Buick dealership now and I am told the control module appears to be the problem. They are replacing it now so I trust my problems are over.
    mckcmc123,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Were you planning on having the vehicle diagnosed by your local GM dealership? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    I picked up the Enclave from the dealer today and they replaced the blower motor and blower speed control module. Everything appears to be working normal now. I won't really know for sure until the next long trip. Dealer was courteous and helpful. :sick: :)
  • I bought a 2011 Enclave about 1 month ago. It is currently at the dealership and has already been there 5 days this time, and 5 days last time. The A/C seems to work ok on low, level 3 or less but when I turn it higher than that it blows only slightly cool air, similar to a swamp cooler. They tell me everything is fine with it, but that is what they said the last time I brought it home and it has always been the same.

I also have problems with the cooling seats, not cooling. They did not work at all for 2 weeks. Then I finally got it in, and that day we took it to the dealer, they seemed to click on and cooled down but since then, they are spotty and very intermittent. They are now telling me, that they took the seats apart and the air is supposed to suck, not blow so it will never get cold, it is only pulling the air from the A/C. But everything I read about cooling seats on the internet says they are supposed to blow. I am so frustrated. A $50000+ car has been at the dealership 1/3 of the time I have owned it for them to tell me there is nothing wrong with it, when there clearly is...I am at a loss as to what to do now.
  • trd2jz,
    I'm in the same boat as of today. I have 43, 000 on my 2008 Enclave. It's been to the dealer 4 times since this past April, from AC problems to rattling noises, check engine warnings, etc. This past weekend, the car suddenly shuts down on me as I'm driving, warning me of an overheated engine, temp. gauge shooting to 260 degrees, slowing down to 40 MPH. It's at the dealership again and I'm thinking about what GM can do for me at this point.

Did you hire a lawyer to help you? If so, what came of it. I'm tired of this car!
  • pclaypclay Posts: 10
    We sold our 2008 as it was evident to us that GM knew about the problem but was BSing their customers stating that they couldn't reproduce the problem. Appears to be an engineering design fault. Too bas, as the car was otherwise very comfortable. We are hoping someone files a class action suit. If we still had our car, we would file a complaint with our State Attorney General. :sick:
    steel58,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with Customer Assistance? Has your dealer involved technical assistance? Can you please email me your VIN? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Christina,
    My dealer, which is located in Woodland Hills, Ca., has not involved technical assistance and I'm just starting this process with Customer Assistance. The problems involving my 2008 Buick Enclave over the last 3 years (but especially since March of this year) include AC not working, CD/DVD player breaking down, steering column noise, window insulation falling apart, and (as of yesterday's visit) leaking/broken water pump causing my engine to overheat.

My VIN #: 5GAER2371 8J230993
    Mileage: 43,000
    steel58,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please email me your complete contact information? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I'd rather not post personal information on this website. Is there a private business e-mail of yours I can send the requested information?
  • I feel your pain and everyone else who is trying to deal with these problems and the lack of support from GM. After 7 A/C repairs and 3 transmissions on my 08 Enclave, I finally rid myself of this albatross. I traded it in for a Ford Edge this past weekend. The dealership was wonderful; GM was not! Best wishes to all of you as you try to get your problems resolved!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,644
    steel58

As gmcustsvc requested, please send them an e-mail. You are correct... you should never post personal information in a forum.

What they didn't mention was how to get their e-mail. Just click on their member name, and it will pull up their profile and e-mail address.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I have a 2009 that has more problems than I can count. From leaks to steering problems to the transmission now, we are done with it. How did you get Buick to repurchase your vehicle? We have had our SUV in the shop 10 times since January, the current visit is going on 2 weeks now. Would appreciate your help, they denied us at first when they were replacing the rack and pinion steering and power and front engine mounts, then denied when the problems were still not fixed and had to replace the power steering pump, and before they could even get the car back to us they finally saw the transmission issues we told them about over a year ago.
  • Our Buick dealer was very helpful in setting up the buy back. It took place in February 2010. Our 2010 Enclave has had zero problems.

If your dealer won't help you try contacting the Regional GM Manager in your area. Your dealer should at least do that.

GM will figure in usage/depreciation for the repurchase but it was still a great deal in my opinion.

Here's the address from my Trade Settlement Letter:
    General Motors RVDC
    2717 Schust Rd.
    Saginaw, MI 48603

Hope this helps. Good luck :shades:
    We are sorry about your vehicle. If you send me an e-mail with your VIN, we can look further into your situation. The, "gmcustsvc" link will take you to the e-mail. Thank you!
    Joey, GM Customer Service
  • 2011 Buick Enclave air compressor allegedly (claimed by dealership) failed - by a rock or other road hazard flying into the engine compartment striking and ruputuring the compressor.

Repair costs estimated in excess of $900.00

Has anyone else expereinced this or do you think as I do that this alleged cause lacks credability... sort of like the magic bullet hypothesis.