Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave AC Problems

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    steel58,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with Customer Assistance? Has your dealer involved technical assistance? Can you please email me your VIN? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Christina,
    My dealer, which is located in Woodland Hills, Ca., has not involved technical assistance and I'm just starting this process with Customer Assistance. The problems involving my 2008 Buick Enclave over the last 3 years (but especially since March of this year) include AC not working, CD/DVD player breaking down, steering column noise, window insulation falling apart, and (as of yesterday's visit) leaking/broken water pump causing my engine to overheat.

My VIN #: 5GAER2371 8J230993
    Mileage: 43,000
    steel58,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please email me your complete contact information? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I'd rather not post personal information on this website. Is there a private business e-mail of yours I can send the requested information?
  • I feel your pain and everyone else who is trying to deal with these problems and the lack of support from GM. After 7 A/C repairs and 3 transmissions on my 08 Enclave, I finally rid myself of this albatross. I traded it in for a Ford Edge this past weekend. The dealership was wonderful; GM was not! Best wishes to all of you as you try to get your problems resolved!
  • steel58

As gmcustsvc requested, please send them an e-mail. You are correct... you should never post personal information in a forum.

What they didn't mention was how to get their e-mail. Just click on their member name, and it will pull up their profile and e-mail address.

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I have a 2009 that has more problems than I can count. From leaks to steering problems to the transmission now, we are done with it. How did you get Buick to repurchase your vehicle? We have had our SUV in the shop 10 times since January, the current visit is going on 2 weeks now. Would appreciate your help, they denied us at first when they were replacing the rack and pinion steering and power and front engine mounts, then denied when the problems were still not fixed and had to replace the power steering pump, and before they could even get the car back to us they finally saw the transmission issues we told them about over a year ago.
  • Our Buick dealer was very helpful in setting up the buy back. It took place in February 2010. Our 2010 Enclave has had zero problems.

If your dealer won't help you try contacting the Regional GM Manager in your area. Your dealer should at least do that.

GM will figure in usage/depreciation for the repurchase but it was still a great deal in my opinion.

Here's the address from my Trade Settlement Letter:
    General Motors RVDC
    2717 Schust Rd.
    Saginaw, MI 48603

Hope this helps. Good luck :shades:
    We are sorry about your vehicle. If you send me an e-mail with your VIN, we can look further into your situation. The, "gmcustsvc" link will take you to the e-mail. Thank you!
    Joey, GM Customer Service
  • 2011 Buick Enclave air compressor allegedly (claimed by dealership) failed - by a rock or other road hazard flying into the engine compartment striking and ruputuring the compressor.

Repair costs estimated in excess of $900.00

Has anyone else expereinced this or do you think as I do that this alleged cause lacks credability... sort of like the magic bullet hypothesis.
  • We own a 2008 Buick Enclave that we purchased in October 2007. Overall, we love the car. However, we continue to experience electrical problems that have not be corrected. At times, the air conditioner/heater will not react to my trying to adjust the temperature or fan, the cd/radio/navigation system will not work, the side mirrors will not adjust, the windows will not go down or up, the blinkers are erratic and traction or other indicators appear on the dashboard screen. Mosst times, if I cut the engine off and then on again, these issues disappear. Our dealership has trouble-shooted these problems but cannot find the cause. I've even gone there when these issues were happening and they still could not determine the cause. So, for now, I just hope that these problems don't occur when I'm on a trip and/or the weather is not too hot or too cold.
  • pamb2pamb2 Posts: 2
    I have had my enclave for 2 years. Last year no problem with the climate control system. So far this year it has been in 5 times. The defroster blows cold air when on with the floor heat. The techs re programmed the unit ( 3 months ago). It continued to be a problem. If we put the heat only on the floor it is ok, but I live in Michigan, I need a defroster! NOW I am told they compared it to a gmc and it was normal for the floor heat to be 40 degrees warmer than the defroster. I am leaving on a trip to Florida and I am very concerned about not having a properly working defroster if we run into bad weather. Has anyone else had the same problem? We end up putting the temp up to 85 to offset the cold air in order to have a defroster. And we run the fan at the highest level. I really do not think this is (normal). Dealer is kohen in marinette wi.
  • pamb2pamb2 Posts: 2
    That is Koehn in MArinette Wi.
  • If we can look into this with your dealership, we would be happy to do so by setting up a Service Request. Please send us an email with more information, including your name/Edmunds username, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN w/ current mileage.
    Thank you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • My '08 Enclave has been a complete lemon. We are one of the first owners in May 2007. HORRIBLE vehicle. Multiple issues. CURRENTLY, June 2011 in shop for AC not working. Service could not find leak. I had to pay $130 to add a pound of freon. April 2012, out again. Could not find leak. Another $100 to add 2 pounds of freon. Leaked this morning in garage, back into shop. Heard there are 17 vehicles with the same problem nation-wide. Has anyone had any luck getting a resolution from Buick. I tried Customer Service, and the rep just phoned dealer to get info. Nothing new. I am so frustrated with this vehicle. It is always in the repair shop. Out of warranty and on ME.
    08enclaveowner,
    I apologize for your frustrations and concerns. Can you please email me directly with your case number (If you have it) and your VIN to SocialMedia@GM.com. I would like to look into this further for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • mcompmcomp Posts: 4
    They will occur again, for it happened to me. I just got back from a trip through the San Bernardino heat and the A/C was not working as you mentioned. Nothing I did made it work. I switched the fan to high, turned on and off to see if that would work and took the auto feature off, but nothing. 106 degrees and climbing and no A/C is definitely a concern. I just got a call from the dealer and they state it will cost me $1,300 to fix. That is no chunk change.
  • I feel your pain. My Enclave was in the shop 7 times for the A/C and at 66K miles was on its third transmission. GM didn't care one bit. It was a beautiful car and I loved it but practicality made me trade it in last September for a nice reliable Ford Edge. I will never buy GM again!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    What year is your Enclave, mcomp? If we can look into this further with you, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at socialmedia@gm.com (please include your name/Edmuds username, description of the situation, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mcompmcomp Posts: 4
    Hi Sarah,

I responded to the email address you provided with the information you requested. Thank you for being proactive here in this forum and hope the information I included helps.