Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave AC Problems

Comments

• cmensingcmensing Posts: 7
    Well the final bill for the power steering was 2200 because they needed to replace the pump. The nice lady from GM looked up my VIN and said nothing they could do and that was reiterated by the service folks at Buick dealership. This used to be be common in the 80's when you purchased a car new and began putting major money into it when you crossed 50,000 miles. I guess I got spoiled with my Nissan Maxima and 100,000 with no problems, or my Honda Van no problems 100,000 +. Or my Acura MDX, you get the point. As I pointed out earlier, let my guard down going back into a GM dealership after almost 30 years. But as the saying goes, you can fool me once. Toyota here I come.
  • jas_karejas_kare Posts: 2
    My mother's day gift of the Buick Enclave starts again - we just paid to have our GMC certified Enclave's air conditioning repair and a month later the transmission is messing up so of course it is out of warranty so now we have to pay for this repair. I now officially hate this car and will never purchase another GM product - I cannot believe we have paid so much for a vechicle and a year later there is a new problem every month.
  • tom320tom320 Posts: 7
    i feel your pain as well as the other people who have posted about their feelings about this vehicle. I too am aN Enclave owner who fell in love with it from the very beginning but has had to deal with heart ache over the continuous repairs it needs. I am currently experiencing A/C problems (FIXED BEFORE BUT NEW ISSUE), transmission(replaced whole thing under warranty back in 2009 ) trans module, motor mounts, gasket issues and something else that I don't know. I will be taking it to a completely different GM service department just because the dealership "CASTLE BUICK North Riverside il. jerked me around for 2 weeks. This dealership has serviced my car since I bought it. My car has truly never been the same after they replaced motor something. Wow!! It has even had the power steering shaft fixed only to still make all that winding weird noise. I used to brag about how great this car is, now Im afraid to open my mouth out of fear of another whopping car repair bill. In all fairness GM has great CUSTOMER service reps Who will work on your behalf to help. It sometimes is very reassuring that somebody at GM cares about their image and public perception.
    I believe something should be done about all the rotten Buick Enclaves. I WOULD LIKE A NEW EXPERIENCE WITH BUICK but thats only because I still like what the Enclave represents in a crossover. sorry.
    Work with GM cust serv to see if you can resolve issue. keep us posted.
    Jim,

I think we have had very similar issues. I'm assuming that you have gotten them all taken care of. GM customer service is good at handling these issues. I just wish we didnt have to go through great lengths and have our hearts broken over us trying to support US company. 40K is a great deal of cash to invest in a car and we all expect for it to work properly. I have replaced motor, trans, pwr steering, struts, mounts,
    (3) stabilizer bar or links, fuel pump, tires galore, and more. My radio even doesnt work properly. The radio in my 95 Plymouth CD PLAYER still worked to this day. I really sympathized with other Buick Enclave owners, I just wish I was in a better position to trade, or buy a new something. Anyway thats my rant back. also support for you to deal with Cust Serv.
    I have been a proud (30%) not so proud(70%) owner of a 2008 Buick Enclave since these vehicles have come out. In fact I had this truck JULY of 08'. I bought it and it hadn't even been delivered yet. I felt very proud because this was the very first time I had purchased a NEW car. I felt a sense of accomplishment and loyalty to the American brand. My dad, uncles and neighbors growing up were all GM owners. The Park Avenue and the 225 (Deuce and a quarter) were the most luxurious cars I had ever been exposed to aside the Cadillac. So naturally when Buick came out with THE Enclave, it was a perfect fit. It seated 7 passengers, swagg appeal, and was what I thought I knew.
    All that I felt for this vehicle has changed due to the excessive car repairs and costs. A $40K car should last a good 4-5 years without all the major stuff. There is no way I should be replacing a whole transmission and a motor before that time, even if it was a warranty fix. My A/C has been worked on a couple of times only to still not work. The power steering situation also was a major $ out of pocket expense, only to still make noises. If the service department didnt fudge the reports, I may have a list of all the repairs that were done by them alone. I am now in a situation where I may have to spend over $5k just to have to car running decent again. Its quite frustrating and sad that this beautiful crossover has so many issues. I feel cheated and disappointed and want a bailout. I wonder if the 2013 models have the same issues or if they have been worked out since this forum was started?
    I will say on the record though, GM Customer Service is great! They will help anyway they can and get to the bottom of the issues their clients make. I sometimes just wish we could just swap out the bad vehicle for a better one and just keep moving, that way I could get my moneys worth.
    Having children (2)with DISABILITIES, extra curricular activities, 2 businesses and etc we do our share of moving around. We need dependability and access to transportation all the time. Our Buick has seen alot of miles having to do the normal things a family does. Gm got a bailout in their time of need, I'm wondering if ever they can pay that forward and help me regain my love for them? I want to feel great about BUICK again. My children need that same pride I had. They are future customers.

Tom
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,119
    Hi Tom,

I completely understand the importance of having a dependable vehicle for yourself and your family. If there is anything else that we can do for you do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    jas_kare

We apologize that your vehicle has caused you such frustration. If you would like us to look deeper into your vehicle concerns we would be happy to do so. If you are interested please email me at socialmedia@gm.com ATTN: Amber. Please include your full name, address and VIN.

Sincerely,

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • gerschmangerschman Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    Got the esimate to replace the evaporator core.... $1600! Plus $312.55 to replace the door mode actuator for the air to be diverted to defrost, panel, feet, etc.
    Done with GMs. Absolutely done.
    Good afternoon gerschman,
    Do you think you will proceed with the evaporator core repair? We're sorry that you're having this experience with your Enclave, but are hopeful that after the repair that your ownership experience will turn around. Let us know if we can check into anything further for you! We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com

Sarah (Assisting Amber), GM Customer Care
    Sarah,
    I am reluctantly proceeding with the evaporator core replacement as I really have no choice. I am appalled that GM hasn't recognized this issue and at least issued a TSB for the A/C problems that so many people on these forums have had. There are many other website forums with other Lambda platform (Acadia/Traverse/Outlook) owners who are equally disgusted over the problems that they are having with thier vehicles. GM really needs to step up and throw a bone to some of us or - like many already have - jumped the GM ship alltogether. I'm just afraid that right after the powertrain warranty runs out that tranny problems will start to occur.
    Thank you for any assistance you can lend!
  • atisdaleatisdale Posts: 4
    I posted on this board several weeks ago about the same issue. GM Customer Service has been horrible in the whole process. Basically they call the dealership and if you are not in warranty they will tell you that is your responsibility. Although I asked to get to another level of support I received the same answer. If the dealership is not willing to work with you, you are out of luck. GM themselves are not going to do anything unless you are in warranty. If anyone hears of a Class Action Lawsuit regarding this please post it here. I am furious! If everyone is getting their work done at a GM service center they KNOW how big of a problem this is. And I'm sure there are a good number who are not. My dealership alone has done 4 of these repairs not counting mine!
    edited May 2013
    I am actually not getting my evaporator core replaced at a GM dealer, but rather back where I originally bought the Enclave - a Ford Dealer. The reason was that I was hoping to get a little love since I bought 2 cars from these guys within 3 months. They didn't really help me on price, but they have given me a brand new loaner car for the time that its in the shop - which is rather nice. I could have went to an independent shop that was a little cheaper, but I obviously couldn't get a loaner from them. So, from what you said, atisdale, I guarantee there are many people that have gone to other shops for this fix as most of the time they will be cheaper than taking it to a GM dealer shop. Perhaps we SHOULD start a class action? I found a couple of resources on the web. I will look into it further.
  • sharpe0126sharpe0126 Posts: 1
    2008 Buick Enclave: Air stopped blowing out in the front of the vehicle but blows out in the middle and back of the vehicle. What could be the issue? Also a stabilitrak message continues to pop up saying "STABILITRAK IS OFF". The battery has died twice in the past week and my husband and I are thinking it's due to chords being left plugged in. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the air issue.
    The air not blowing out of the front is because your door mode actuator needs to be replaced. Basically it opens and closes vents to direct the air where its supposed to go based on what mode you select. Mine set me back about $300.
  • woods75woods75 Posts: 4
    We are the original owners on a 2008 Buick Enclave that has just under 65,000 miles. During the warranty period, we had the passenger airbag assembly/sensor replaced 5-6 times, the transmission partially rebuilt twice, and then completely replaced once. The power steering sensors were also replaced. The TPMS systems have been replaced. The brake system was worked over by the dealer. The battery also died and was replaced by the dealer. Now, less than 15,000 miles after warranty expiration, the AC system seems to be dying. The service manager at the dealer says that is typical and normal for a vehicle with this many miles. BS!!!! It seems that every Buick Enclave has AC problems at 50,000 - 60,000 miles or less. How is this not a recall by GM? I noticed that many of you have contacted GM about these same items. Have you had any response/help from them, other than an appointment to get ripped off by their dealers?
    We sincerely apologize that you have experienced multiple vehicle repairs. If you would like any assistance with this matter, please feel free to contact our Buick Customer Assistance Center at 800-521-7300. We can also be reached by email at socialmedia@gm.com [ATTN Amber].

Sincerely

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    I contacted our local GM dealer that has done most of the service over the years on our Enclave, took it in to diagnose the problems, hoping and praying that they would be able to get GM to step up and help correct these problems. I am thrilled to say that GM did step up and paid for 75% of the repairs. My cost to have the rear evaporator core replaced, the master brake cylinder replaced, and yet another connection on the passenger air bag replaced was under $250!! That's more than the zero I would have ultimately loved to have paid, but we are ecstatic that GM actually came through and did what's right.
    woods75,

I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with your offer. If you have any additional concerns please do not hesitate to let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • boblbuboblbu Posts: 2
    After several months I believe GM has rectified my problem with my 2009 Enclave. Problem: The A/C would start to blow warm and I could not turn it off or raise or lower the fan speed. To rectify it I had to turn off the climate system completely for 5-10 minutes then turn it back on and it would work as normal. This happened several times but worked perfectly when I brought it to the dealer. I was so frustrated that I sent a letter to the the President of GM NA and was pleasently surprised when I received a phone call from the executive office. They were super and followed up constantly with me and the dealer and provided an extended warranty on the climate system parts and labor included. I have absolutely no gripes with GM and am glad to say that the dealer found the problem after several months of diagnosis. My case was a very slow leak in the water pump that the dealer replaced at N/C. It's been extremely hot in FL for the past 6 weeks and the A/C is working fine. Note: There is a TSB you can refer to when you bring your Enclave in for service TSB #08-01-39-009B. GM and the Dealer Dick Norris of Palm Harbor FL. were very Customer focused and they have won a customer for life with their response to my problem.
    I'm so happy for you boblbu!! These are the types of things we love to read. Glad to read that you are experiencing the comfort that is provided by a properly functioning A/C, especially in Florida. Always good to hear from a satisfied customer. Enjoy your weekend! :shades:

Marlea Wilson
    GM Customer Service
  • We are the original owners on a 2009 Buick Enclave that has just under 51,500 miles. During the warranty period, we had the transmission, Brakes system MC. The power steering AC sensors were also replaced. The TPMS systems have been replaced. The brake system was worked over by the dealer. The battery also died and was replaced by the dealer. Now, less than 1,000 miles after warranty expiration, the AC system seems to be dying. It seems that every Buick Enclave has AC problems at 50,000 - 60,000 miles or less. How is this not a recall by GM? I noticed that many of you have contacted GM about these same items. Have you had any response/help from them, other than an appointment to get ripped off by their dealers? Will see what Dealer do for us tomorrow.
    We had basically the exact same issues you have had, with the addition of transmission and the air bag system. The rear evaporator core and master cylinder on the brakes (as well as yet another air bag sensor) went out on our 2008 Enclave around 62,000 miles. Our local dealer was able to get GM to pay for 75% of the repairs. I still feel it should be a recall, but was very pleased with GM's actions.
    Greetings satbuick09

I'm sorry to hear about your A/C not working on your Enclave. In regards to your question about this not being a recall-- recalls are issued on a case by case basis. If you are concerned that your vehicle may be included in a recall, your dealer would be aware of this information. Please keep us updated once you have visited the dealership.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    woods75,

I am pleased to hear that GM was able to cover a large part of your vehicle repair. If you have any future vehicle concerns certainly do not hesitate to contact us.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
    Well I thought when I had to pay $2400 to fix the powersteering on my Enclave and only $150 to fix the A/C back in April I was out the woods. Oh but I forgot, this is a GM, so back in again today for the air conditioner that blows warm air, and low and behold another $1,800 to fix the air conditioner. Now the car is only 3 years old, but because I put many highway miles on it is over the warranty. But really GM, are powersteering and air conditioning really that sensitive to miles driven??? My Ford Explorer went 135,000 miles and 13 years before I has to fix a leak in the air conditioner. I told the guy at the Buick place to put the keys in the car and I'll stop by and pick it up. With the temps in the high 80's and humid I will not fix the air conditioner and will continue to tell everyone I know, and those who have the misfortune to drive in it, that the air does not work so think twice before buying a GM!!! And Amber, please do not waste your time, or mine, I am not interested in you checking to see if GM can do anything because we both already know the answer.
  • cavagmancavagman Posts: 2
    I've got a similar problem - my ac system no longer works and I'm being told that the evaporator coil will need to be replaced. I currently sit around 60000 miles (~110000km). Will GM assist?
    I di not get any help on the $2400 power steering repair and do not expect any help on the $1,800 air conditioning repair. Sorry.
  • dede03dede03 Posts: 1
    2008 Buick Enclave with 61,000 miles. I, too, have the same A/C problem. Doesn't blow in the front, but blows in the back, however, warm air is coming out of the back (this just happened this morning). When I got the "stabilitrack" message I brought it in and for $500 they fixed it. My steering is now needing repairs and was told that would cost me $1,400. I feel like GM should take responsibility for all of these issues. How convenient they all happen after the warranty expired.
  • cavagmancavagman Posts: 2
    I've got a similar problem - my ac system no longer works and I'm being told that the evaporator coil will need to be replaced. I currently sit around 60000 miles (~110000km). Will GM please assist?

:sick:
    Hi cavagman,

I am sorry to hear that your vehicle is not working at this time. I will do more research on this issue to see what options are available to you. Can you please send me your full name, VIN, address, contact information, and dealership? Please email this information to us at socialmedia@gm.com [ATTN: Amber]. I look forward to hearing from you.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care