Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave AC Problems

Comments

• gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    I am sorry to hear that you have had so many difficulties with your Enclave, furino2009.

I see that your recent A/C work has been done at an independent, were your steering wheel alignment issues also addressed there? Do you have any current concerns with your Buick?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Good Morning Sarah,

I could have brought the car to the dealership for the a/c to be repaired but I knew they would be more expensive than the independent station. To have to shell out that large amount of money is terrible. After reading all the posts about the a/c for this vehicle I don't understand why GM is not issuing a recall. There is obviously a serious problem that we the customers are dealing with.

All other issues were dealt with by my local dealership.
  • Sorry to hear you are going through the same problem. I absolutely agree there should be a recall issued on this vehicle with the a/c. Just on this forum there are over 100 complaints about the 2008. Its horrific. Had I only known. I wish you luck. I too have contacted GM but I am sure I will not be reimbursed. Keep us posted
  • rjlukerjluke Posts: 7
    I got contacted by GM yesterday. They agreed to pay for the lion's share of the repair for the front evaporator core on my Enclave. I'll be out $200, which they are calling a deductible. Sounds like a 'Secret Warranty' situation to me. I still think there should be a recall(s) on this vehicle for the various issues that consumers are enduring. I do appreciate GM pitching in on this repair. I am still uncertain about the long term reliability of the vehicle though. There are a lot of horror stories on this message board. Now I am hoping that the repair goes well and nothing gets screwed up in the process of taking the car apart and putting it back together. This vehicle was not designed for easy maintenance, that is for sure. The engine compartment is packed in so tight, every little repair is a major undertaking just to get to the faulty part(s).
    I certainly understand why you chose the independent. In regards to the decision making processes for issuing recalls, I am unable to speak to that as I am not a part of brand quality evaluations.

If you have any current vehicle concerns that you would like looked into, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at socialmedia@gm.com.

Have a great weekend,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • sjsmootsjsmoot Posts: 2
    I wanted to be on blog to say I purchased 2008 Buick Enclave! Loved it! Always a GM buyer but my car with only 40,000 miles has had to have new power steering pump replaced and in 2011 service in JUne where they had to add freon which I thought was weird. end of June 2012 went on a trip and now AC does not work! AC does not work at all now and dash is VERY HOT to the touch. This is ridiciulous for a very expensive car. The warranty just ended!!!!!!! IS there a recal and if not there should be......? Help.
    I checked into the general information I have on the 2008 Buick Enclave and do not see any recalls related to the HVAC system. I'm sorry about this! What is your plan of attack in addressing this matter?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • At this point with all the complaints about the vehicle I truly feel cornered and will be contacting a lawyer for to open a Class Action Lawsuit against GM. I feel thats the only way we as consumers will be compensated.
  • gxwscragxwscra Posts: 1
    I purchased a certified used 2008 Enclave in 2011. It is the first time I purchased a GM vehicle, and I have to say I am very disappointed. GM certified used car is supposed to offer "new car confidence with a used car price tag", as advertised on GM website. What a joke! Within six months, both front and rear brake pads and rotors had to be replaced, transmission failed and had to be rebuilt, and then navigation and side mirrors were out of order and had to be repaired. I have seen many times the transmission stuck to the wrong gear, and of course when I complained to dealer, they didn't find anything wrong because they couldn't "replicate" the issue. The water pump failed recently, causing transmission to run over-heated and the engine to be shut down, so it had to be replaced. The steering wheel started to making some strange noise, which I was told by dealer that would cost me more than $1000 to repair. Now the AC is not working and stopped blowing cool air. I had to drive in this 100+ degree temperature without air conditioning. A dealer found leaking in rear AC lines, and quoted me about $1800 to replace them. I am really sick and tired of the poor quality of 2008 Enclave.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    gxwscra,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your experience and concerns. Can you please email me directly with your VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, and complete contact information including mailing address? I look forward to your email.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    SocialMedia@GM.com
  • kidfreekidfree Posts: 1
    Im taking my GM certified 2008 Enclave which only has 22K miles to the GM Dealer tomorrow. Like everyone else on this thread my AC has stopped working. And I've had this vehicle for less than 90 days. But my bigger gripe came when we called to schedule the appt. The dealership rep said it might not be covered under the "BUMPER TO BUMPER" WARRANTY. How can this be? Can a GM rep or someone with relevant knowledge confirm this for me either way?
  • sjsmootsjsmoot Posts: 2
    Thank you for your prompt response. This blog was very helpful. You were correct there are no recalls on AC. I have contacted GM and they have assigned a case number and arranged through a conference call with Buick dealer to have my car diagnosed tomorrow. I am waiting to hear from dealer tomorrow on the outcome. They were very helpful so will let you know the outcome.
  • My 2009 was just the opposite order. The solenoid for the AC went 6 months ago. The power steering pump just went. After the power steering repair I have a loud noise under the hood at every bump.
  • I'm having the same issues - ALL of them - on my 2008 Enclave with approx 31k miles.

AC: I had the same AC blower issue in 2011 - it was fixed by the dealer. Believed to be a potential electrical issue
    Fuel Pump: The car stopped working yesterday where it would stall and not start back up. Gas, oil, battery are all good. It's in the shop now and believed to be fuel pump
    Power Steering: The last time I had the oil changed, the tech said that the power steering was making a weird noise although the fluid was good
    Brakes: I noticed that there's some rubbing on my brakes

None of this should be happening on a vehicle with 31k miles!
    Is the fuel pump covered by the warranty?
    Hello orangekeeper,
    I see that your initial post here was from a few days ago - any updates on your progress at your shop (GM dealer or independent?) since then?
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • dinam1dinam1 Posts: 1
    Hi I am very upset and frustrated with GM it seems that they do not care about their products I see alot of people are having problems with the AC and GM does not take responsibility and recalls it my AC is blowing hot air on the passenger car I regret buying the Buick if I had know about the issues I would never have bought it I totally expected a great car and I am very disappointed with it. Gm does not want to cover the cost. I am very disappointed
  • First off, I was so excited to have been able to purchase a 2008 used Buick Enclave about 6 weeks ago for our one car family. I felt like it was a perfect fit for my family.

Unfortunately last weekend the blower went out on our air conditioner. After reading on-line that it was a known problem, my husband took the blower out and we did, in fact, have rings of dried water marks in the bowl like cover). There was also rust on the blower itself so is obvious we have water damage.

We have all of the service records from the previous owner and have found out the blower has already been replaced and the front and back sunroofs have each been repaired once.

Now today, I noticed wet looking marks on the ceiling above the passenger seat. After touching, it seems to be some sort of grease.

I'm not sure what's going on with this. I'm frustrated to say the least considering the short amount of time we've owned the vehicle and considering we only have one car. I certainly hope Buick will step up and correct these issues considering they were issues before we even owned the car. I'm afraid what other problems we will face from these issues too (electrical, mold, etc.).
  • Good morning beauchamp_jen,

We're sorry that you're having some difficulties with your new Enclave. What are your plans for getting this looked into? If you would like for us to look into anything further, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Did you steal my car? I have had every issue you have described. Transmission out in the first 2 months. brakes needs to be replaced in 4 months. AC out, power steering out, struts out in the first 13 months, water pump out, and recall on rear wiper. on an average for every 2 months I OWNED THIS CAR I HAVE HAD TO SPEND AN EXTRA CAR NOTE TO REPAIR IT. What a SUPER LEMON. DO YOU KNOW HOW WE CAN ORGANIZE TO START A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT?
  • PLEASE, don't buy this garbage! SAVE YOURSELF THE DISAPPOINTMENT AND MONEY!!!