Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Cherokee and Grand Cherokee Overheating

2»

Comments

• nomi91nomi91 Member Posts: 3
    I am having problems with my 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo.
    It shakes horribly like the steering wheel wants to go off by itself but most importantly i have had an issue with it heating up for the past 2 years.
    Its leaked out the antifreeze ive had the radiator replaced and alot of the insides replaced as well.
    With summer coming its starting to act up again as soon as i turn it on it just kind of shakesfor a few minutes then stops
    also when i turn it off and ive had the ac on it sounds weird like a loud hurricane sound.
    so far ive taken it to 3 different mechanics just this month alone
    but now im worried because last yr i had it straight wired and now the electrical system is whats wrong but i told the mechanics i chose to get it straight wired because of the previous problems before.
    so now im not sure what to do and if its possible to get it back to the way it was before without straight wiring and what kind of mechanic am i looking for or if i need a new motor as one mechanic told me.
  • bertumbertum Member Posts: 1
    01 lmtd water nt circualting tookout thermstt still have prblm chkd coolnt bleed acss point on pump no coolnt flow. heater nt wrkng a/c good. how do I check heater core cluged up. ? Pls help strapped for cash.
  • malcolm024malcolm024 Member Posts: 2
    I need some help to fix the vehichle we use to pick up and drop my 2 year old off at daycare with! I was driving on interstate like normal and noticed the temperature made its way all the way over too 260! It said coolant low, check engine light was on, and so was the check gauges. Pulled over to notice it was overheating badly so I let it cool a while. Got home once it was fully cooled removed the thermostat to notice it was completely twisted and obviously bad so we changed it. After I changed it I thought the problem was fixed just to have the exact same problem! Still check engine light is one, coolant is full but coolant is low stays on, and when it's running for about 5 minutes it starts to get high and after 10 minutes its reached 260!!! I have no leaks and hear nothing different than I did before I had this problem. When driven around the block it runs perfect like before. No water in the oil, know knocking or pinging and the fan comes on when the ac is turned on and once it starts to overheat heat the fan will cllick on!! What could be my problem?? Please help me out
  • malcolm024malcolm024 Member Posts: 2
    I just found out that I have a blown head gasket on my 1999 jeep grand Cherokee. Can anyone give me any help with changing it? Is it hard or easy? I have never done this before and can't afford to buy a new car so I have no choice but to fix it. HELP!
  • jal2jal2 Member Posts: 1
    Jeep has 74k miles, no prior heat problems, suddenly showed "voltage indicator/failure" light then temp went hot- to red zone on the guage. Car heated up , would not start, showed warning light: check gauges, transmission over temp. Checked radiator, was almost dry.. when filling with water, saw leak around water pump. Replaced water pump, thermostat, coolant sensor/thermistor. Test drove still heats to red zone on guage after 2 miles. When I turn the key off, I get "Transmission Over Temp" warning light. Fan runs constant. Need help, any ideas? Thanks very much.