Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Impreza Outback Sport & TS

Comments

• paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    owns several alfas, never has a problem with any of them. I love the new alfas, a few people in my neighborhood have them I think they are 156s? You know how the guineas are over here, gotta have their alfas :)

-mike
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    One of the IT guys here has a 164, after owning a Milano, and he says it much more reliable.

It's sad when Chevy uses an old 164 in a commercial to tout the reliability of their Impala!

-juice
    is the same platform car as the Saab 9000s.

-mike
    Really?

The 156 is a euro model that never made it here. Styling is gorgeous, though, it may be the best looking sedan on the planet.

-juice
    is the ones they are running around my neighborhood with.

-mike
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,661
    Yep, Saab 9000 and some Alfa share the same platform. Mike may be right as to which model. I'm just not sure which one.

Bob
  • Look what I started.
    What will happen if I say I like Citroens!!!

Anybody know when the new OBS comes out?
  • threesinthreesin Posts: 50
    FYI: While waiting for the tech to rid my '02 OBS of its throttle vibration, I asked the sales mgr abt the arrival date of the '04 Imprezas. He says that the dealership (central California) should be getting their allocation in April, and the cars should be on the lot by June, if not before. That would correspond with what I've been told about the arrival date of the new STi.

Threesin
    Be shipping like he said above on sale in June.

-mike
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,661
    by the end of March or early April for most Imprezas. The STi will arrive in June, or so I've been told.

This why you're now seeing so many incentives on '03 models. The '04s are just around the corner.

Bob
    In fact, someone in the WRX topic said they already stopped taking orders for the 2003s. So they are wrapping up production of those on the assembly line.

It might be sooner, maybe end of March/early April. They do have to ship them across the Pacific.

-juice
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    I heard scuttlebutt that 2004 Imprezas are on the water already...
    There you go, then end of March is realistic.

-juice
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    ...my recollections were off...I thought when I bought my '97 there were still non-AWD Subies for sale...and I don't know why I thought there were always non-AWD Brighton models available.

I was kind of glad when they got rid of Brightons - they kind of cheapened a really nice product, and the 'L' trim level was always very competitively priced, with a nice level of standard features.

They had Legacy Brightons longer than they had Impreza Brightons.

juice: above, did you mean that the '04 OBS will still have rear drums, per Subaru?

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

The '03s have drums. There might have been a mistake on the web site about discs arriving in 2003, they actually arrive for MY2004.

Just saw a thread that showed Canadian a dealer with an '04 in stock, so they're arriving.

-juice
    to go check one out at the local dealer.

• raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    We just took one in, high miles but hey, it's priced right.

I'm seriously considering buying it for myself, but it's an automatic, yuck, and is still outside the range I was looking to pay.

Then, the '89 Loyale is closing in on 180K, time for new belts and another reseal, plus the muffler has a hole in it and the windshield's cracked. I put the car's value a bit less than the cost of an oil change.
    a 4WD turbo, it is still worth something....those were fun.

This discussion has been closed.