Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Impreza Outback Sport & TS

1979899100101103»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Someone in another thread mentioned it may be taxable to the dealers. Either way, I stand corrected.
  • I got a used 04 impreza ts, which is a wagon, with 71k miles on it. I love it, and for the most part is works and sounds great.

Theres just this strange vibrating sound at 1500 and 3000 rpm's, when I'm accelerating, I just hope it's not some expensive problem starting.

It also makes some other strange noises, especially when it's cold, but the main thing is this vibration at 1500 and 3000- anybody know what this is???
  • Just a follow up to the previous post-

the vibration noise is coming from somewhere under the hood- engine, transmission, or otherwise. It doesn't sound like a loose dashboard or exterior problem-
  • If it's only happening at 1500 and 3000 and not at the speeds in between (like 2000 or 2500) try parking on level ground and rev up to 1500 and 3000 with the transmission in neutral. If you still get the vibration at those speeds, you know it's something vibrating in harmonics with the engine. It will probably not be in the tranny or drive line, because the vehicle is stationary. It might also help to have someone rev up the engine while you look under the hood. You might see something vibrating, like a power steering pump, AC compressor or mounting bracket for the alternator. You could also look under the car and see if any of the heat shields in the exhaust system are vibrating. If the vibration is fairly loud and coming from under the hood you should be able to find it . Good luck.
  • Thanks for the advice! I'll try it and post the results-
  • My co-worker lease a new 09 Impreza sedan had similar concern. He accelerates the car from standing when it reaches to about second gear the transmission making humming noise. He brought the car back to the dealer. Dealer contacted the manufacture and claim there is no mechanical issue. The dealer did made some adjustments to reduce the humming noise.

I bought the Impreza Outback Sport in February and have the same power train as the sedan. I received no noise at all.
This discussion has been closed.