Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Impreza Outback Sport & TS

Comments

• celeste2celeste2 Posts: 362
    I posted a comment yesterday but the computer froze up and I don't think it got on. Anyway, as far as room, We can fit two FULL-SIZE ice chests in the back of my OB sport, which really amazed us! It's quite roomy. And I think you asked the question would I buy one again. I've only had it a week, but it is such an outright pleasure I wouldn't trade for any other car, but it luxury, etc.!
  • ramonramon Posts: 825
    you're welcome. It is a truly unique car indeed. I had my silver 99 OBS for almost a year now. No problems what so ever. Reliability is top rate considering I realy push the car to it's limits. Manual is the way to go in order to utilise the full potential of the boxer 2.2l. It's a driver's car for sure. Too bad you won;t be able to take the OBS on some snowy runs. U'll love it even more! If you have more questions feel free to ask here or at the yahoo outback sport board. There are a few women owners there too. BTW, I think jenny too have bought an OBS. l8r
  • We're thinking of buying the obs 2000 -- has anyone ever used it with a child safety seat?
    Any problems? And any brand of seat you might recommend?
  • albatross99- hiya. as a proud new owner of a 2000 silver OBS, i've taken to joining the yahoo club site of other owners, and it is great. heather, one of the main posters/members, recently posted information, questions, and answeres about child safety seats in the OBS. you should check out the list archive there, and keep scrolling back to previous messages. go to yahoo.com and then to clubs, then join yahoo if you haven't already, then search for subaru outback sport, then wala --you've joined a great group who is so helpful in answering questions! jenny
    I thot I posted the website here before? Just go check ladies.
  • georgedegeorgede Posts: 40
    Just bought a 2000 OBS automatic, and with only
    400 miles on it, it gave me 20 mpg with a mix of
    hwy and city. I'm hopping the mileage will increase a bit. I know that its still in its breakin period, but how long will it take before the mileage increases?? Any comments ??
    about 500miles. but don't hold your breath. u might get 22mpg instead. u know it depends how u drive too eh?
    Georgede! How ya be? When did you get your car and what color did you get?

We didn't check mileage on our first tank of gas, but we did on our second (probably around 400 miles or so) and were disappointed to only get about 21.5. Well, I remembered what a read online about someone saying you have to force the tank a little to get it all the way full, it doesn't seem to be very full at the first click off. So the third tank we forced a little and were pleased it was full. That tank of gas gave us 24.2 mpg! I don't know if it was because we were over 500 miles but filling the tank all the way sure helped! Try that. Anyone else have the same experience? I love the looks my car gets from all the younger people, it's such an ego booster.

Are you happy with the A/C? I think you had asked about that.
    Hi Celeste... Sorry I'm late responding, but I lost my Placemark on this post. Anyway, I got this car about 2 weeks ago for my wife, (I'm waiting for the H-6 Outback!!) and its the Acadia Green color. Its very sharp looking!! I'll try your method, it just may be the answer. The car only has 400 miles so far, so its still breaking in. As for the A/C, its doing fine. We tinted the windows and always park far away from others and on shady spots, it really makes a difference.. We also added the Viper alarm, and now I'm looking for a bike rack (either the Thule or the Yakima) . I'm glad that you getting the mileage you're expecting and I hope to get it also. I'll be checking my soon again.
    George
    Hm...about the extra clicks with the gas nozzle you might want to becareful with that as I tried that a while back and it overfilled my tank thsu causing a spillage. hehehe....was kinda funny. Well not really.
    On a more serious note, don't top off too much if you're doing this on your way home. Reason being that the extra gas will flow to your engine and to your catalytic converters. Bad bad bad for the poor cats. You can take it for what's it's worth. NE how enjoy your OBS. tinting is an excellent idea to keep the heat out. Too bad the US OBS comes with steel rims. =(
    Thank you Ramon... I've been forwarned!!! I'll keep checking the mileage for awhile before doing
    anything else. I just priced the Thule bike rack,
    and they were asking $350 to $400. It seems a little costly. I'll price Subaru's own rack, I think is cheaper.
    George
    This topic seemed to die, but I'll try to revive it. I have a 2000 OBS which is my wife's car and each time I drive it, I have a problem with
    the seats. It seems the drivers seat is to inclined (I feel like I'm driving in a recliner) and is very umcomfortable. Has anybody tried adjusting with spacers or anything else? Has it helped. My wife is not complaining, so won't do much, but I wont't be driving too much.
    Eneebuddy see the new OBS ad? Just saw it today and caught the tail end, but all of us about wet our pants when it came on. It's awesome! Something about Crocodile Dundee's newphew trying to show off in his OBS. Wait till you see it!
    By the way, I saw this ad on The Learning Channel, about 3:00 to 3:30. If anybody sees it on another channel, please let us know!
    yeah saw it before. I know 2 yrs back before I bought my OBS, I saw Dundee's nephew driving around on his OBS meeting up with Dundee at some outback hair salon. I think the latest one has is like some sort of party thingy was it not?
    Yeah, I guess it was some kind of wild outback party and there was mud and well, you know, he was showing off how he could jump around in the puddles and all that. I was really ticked off that I missed the beginning of the commercial, and was so excited to see the car that I blew it and didn't pay too much attention to what was going on. We're trying to catch it again but haven't had any luck. We need our fix!
    I'm pretty short and find my seats to be comfortable. However, I guess compared to our Volvo, the headrests don't make you feel as though you're sitting up as straight or something. You have a green OBS, right? If you have a digital camera, post a photo. I've never actually see a green one and would really like to!
    Why don;t you all join the OBS yahoo board. it's quite fun there. lots of pictures of owner's car.
    Not too long ago, Speedvision had a 30minutes infomercial of Subaru. Showed tons of Scoobies running around. Including a whiel OBS blasting thru a mud puddle. It wa going so fast that hardly any splashes got caught onto the car. pretty kewl.
    I'll try posting the picture, although I'll have
    to learn how. My wife loves the car!!!
    We taped an infomercial last night on speedvision but I didn't get a chance to watch it yet.

How do you do the yahoo thing? I've heard of it but how do you get on?

Yeah, sounds great--

Georgede--the thing that really is cool about the OBS is that for the size it drive like a heavy car. My volvo was a real brick--solid as a rock, and I like he heavy solid feel of the OBS. I never thought you could have that in a smaller car!

I've got pics I could post here of my silver OBS with DARK tint (it looks baaaaad), but I'm not sure how to either. Anyone know if we can put photos here?
This discussion has been closed.