Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Water Leaks

Comments

• kia_bkia_b Posts: 1
    I purchased my GMC Acadia from Sam Swope in Kentucky about 2 weeks ago and noticed water leaking just after a week of the purchase. I took it to the dealer for service and they told me that it couldn't be fixed! After reading these posts, I am SCARED of what's about to come! I do not have the extra money or time to hire lawyers and be given the run around by dealers, GMC, and anyone else who won't take responsibility for the problem.

I have a service appointment tomorrow which makes the 2nd time in 2 weeks that I've had to sit and wait to have it serviced. From the sounds of it, there isn't nothing that can be done. I am so SCARED of what I am about to come up against. I do not have the time or the money to dump into this car.

I haven't even had to make the first payment yet and was told to contact the bank and tell them that I was sold a faulty car. Ugh, I guess I better start my journey of figuring out what to do next!! :mad:
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,068
    kia_b,

Please send us an email to keep us posted on any information from the dealership.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • krakorarokrakoraro Posts: 1
    I have a leased 2007 Acadia that I am about to turn in (June). I purchased an additional year of warranty to cover my four year lease period. This will be the third time that I have taken it in for this leak. I was told after the first repair that the extensions to the drain tubes would do the trick. They did not. I don't know what the heck they repaired on my second visit for this problem as it did not work either. Too bad, I like the vehicle and it rides nice. I am sure glad I leased it though. I was thinking of leasing another hoping this was no longer an issue, but it appears that it still is. I like SUVs and need 7-8 person seating but they are so expensive and MPG really sucks. The Acadia has the size and MPG. My last leased GM vehicle was a 2004 Chevy Blaxer XSLT and it died constantly. The last time I had it in the dealer had removed all of the wiring harnesses looking for a short/open. It ran find until I turned it in off lease (two months). I put less than 30K on both of these vehicles. It is not just GM either, Honda is having serious issues with 2011 Oddesseys...
    krakoraro,

I would like to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. Could you please email me your complete contact information (including full name, phone and address), VIN, current mileage, involved dealership and a brief description of the problems you are experiencing?

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.
  • Hate to admit it but I am there with ya on the GM remarks. It's great people want to fill their 8 hour shift by contacting us but I just want my money back so I can buy a new car! Mine was a present to my wife, first present she wants to give me back. Good luck. steve
    2008slt2acadia,
    I apologize you do not find my interactions helpful; however, it is my job to look into customer complaints on Edmunds and do my best to assist in getting a resolution. I understand your frustrations with your situations. As all major companies or corporations, we have standard operating procedures. GM does handle their customers individually, not all situations are the same, so they must be handled on a case by case basis. I am here to help make GM aware of our customer’s situations. The only way I can do this is with the customer’s assistance. My first step is to gather their contact information (including a good number to reach them), VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, and a break down of what they are experiencing. The best way to get me this information is a direct email. The next step in the process is the vehicle must be taken to a GM Dealer. They have a contract with GM and must look at the vehicle. For GM to know their customers are experiencing issues, they must contact GM; whether it is me via email or Customer Assistance via the telephone. This will help identify the problem and how large it is. I understand when customers are experiencing these concerns these processes can be frustrating. All concerns, whether it is with a dealer or your vehicle, are documented in the cases set up if GM is contacted directly. Just because one person did not get the resolution they expected this should not prevent anyone from speaking with them. As most situations have variances. Any customer that would like to call Customer Assistance and speak with someone the number is in your owner manual, or email me and I can provide it to you. Any customer that would like me to assist them, please feel free to email me the information requested above.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • aidan3aidan3 Posts: 2
    Unfortunately I didn't know about this forum before I purchased my 2008 Acadia 7 weeks ago (33k miles). I am having the exact issue that most other people are having - water coming in (actually running down the windshield) on the passenger side and also coming in around the roof lights at the rear of the vehicle. I brought it back to the dealer already once (within a few days of buying it) and supposedly had this fixed. Obviously not.

I purposely decided that I wanted to buy American this time around and look where that has got me. I simply do not have any confidence that GM knows how to fix this issue. In my opinion, it is a fundamental design flaw with no known fix. A fix needs to be identifed and these vehicles should be recalled. Shame on you GM... I have no idea where I should go from here.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,174
    You could open up a case with GM and see if there's anything they can do. Probably out of warranty though.

You could ask the dealer to unwind the deal. Stranger things have happened and you might get lucky.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

aidan3,

I would like to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. I will need your complete contact information (including full name, mailing address and phone number), VIN, current mileage and involved dealership sent to me in an email. Also, could you please provide a brief description of the problems you are experiencing?

Thank you,
  • aidan3aidan3 Posts: 2
    Caron, Is there a number I can call to provide this information or do you want me to share over this medium? Thanks Aidan
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,174
    Click on Caron's member name and you'll find contact info there.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

aidan3,
    Please let us know if you need further assistance finding our contact information. We will be watching for your email. Please include your Edmunds user name. Have a great weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • My GMC Acadia smells like a locker room when I unroll the windows. The odor is definitely coming from inside the drivers side door well. It took me a year to figure this out. What are my options for getting this corrected? After reading all of these other horror stories about leaks, I have to say I'm feeling somewhat relieved that my problems have not been more serious.
    davidrook1,

Have you had the chance to have your vehicle inspected at the dealership? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
  • I haven't, since I thought they would think I was crazy, but now that I think I've found the source of the stench, I will. (I also thought Click and Clack would get a kick out of this one.)

Thanks for responding Caron. Nice to know someone from GM is monitoring these boards. This is the first GM vehicle we've ever owned and love if it were it not for this problem.
    davidrook1,

Glad to hear you may have found the source of the smell. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you,
  • lansing25lansing25 Posts: 1
    the acadia is usually parked in the garage. we recently left it outside only to find out it leaks when ever it rains. the dealership has looked at it 3 times with out successfully fixing the problem. they told me they have never had this type of problem before. going to call gm canada tomorrow to speak with someone. not counting on any results. i think it maybe time to sell. will not purchase gm product again.
  • dimomdimom Posts: 2
    UGH!!! Ordered this car from a dealer in our state and have had it in the shop at least 10 times for water leaks! They have cleaned out the drain lines, replaced the drain lines and guess what, we just had a rain storm in my car again!!! I was greeted this week by a 1/2 inch of rain in my floorboard and enough water coming out of the tv that my 4 year old declared we had a waterfall in our car. We did the recall back years ago and the "repair" lasted a very short time. Now it is 2011, I have a car that has again had new drain lines been put in and smells like a high school boy's locker room. I am now worried that when we go to sell it or trade it in, its repair history will show its history with roof leaks. I have 2 small kids and love its size and the way it drives. Just the fact that I never know when to wear my water shoes in my car or when a new air freshener will run out, I am now close to being done with it. Any ideas??? Representatives in our dealership told us this week that this was a "design defect" and was fixed the next model year.
    dimom,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance, have you spoke with GM Customer Assistance? Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
  • dimomdimom Posts: 2
    I emailed them on Saturday too. My vin # is 1GKER33738J113943
  • copk9copk9 Posts: 2
    Hello All

I too am having problems with water coming into my 2007 Acadia...
    My Acadia only has 25 K miles on it.. Any ideas on what to do ?

Its rusting out my seat rails and shorting my fuse box .

I Love my Acadia except for this..

copk9
    copk9,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Were you planning on taking the vehicle in to your local GM dealership? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
  • Tell me where you found it's source is? I have the same on my used 2007 SLT 2- a stale water smell after any rain. It over powers the usual nice leather smell in drier conditions.
    Please let me know what you found as this is my first GM and now I'm a bit worried I have made a mistake. I love the vehicle but hate the stale water smell!
  • copk9copk9 Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    I TOO HAD TROUBLE LIKE YOU , i COULD NOT FIND THE SOURCE AND WITH THE HOT SUMMER THE WATER WOULD DRY UP AND I COULD NOT TELL WHERE IT CAME FROM.
    However
    Last week we had a very bad rain. I went out as soon as it stopped and had over 1 inch of water in my front passenger wheelwell. It looked like it was coming along the headliner from the passenger/right rear corner of the rear sunroof then along just above the doors and down the right side windshield frame to the right front passenger floor
    My fuse box is affected also as I have no electric drivers seat now. Also all my seat mounts are rusting.... What a mess AND I bought mine as a GM certified used vehicle with only 17 K miles on it. Is a pure pleasure vehicle I love it and have pampered it
    Ive had it 2 1/2 yrs and only now has 25 K miles on it.. Its beautiful I am sick over this.

Caron
    The dealer who sold it to me was dropped by GM.
    I have been going to Bowser GMC in Pleasent hills just south east of Pittsburgh PA and have had so far very good service from them , I Hope they can make this right again I soo love my Acadia..
    Would you like me to let you know how it turned out ? I am going to take it in later this week
    I have another vehicle soo they can have it as long as it takes within reason..

I am hopeful ... Again I like this vehicle VERY much

copk9
    copk9,

Glad to hear you have had good service from Bowser GMC. Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership. I look forward to hearing from you.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
  • jane54jane54 Posts: 2
    My 2007 Acadia is beginning to be more of an aquarium than a car. When I first purchased it, they found the tubing was not hooked up, it was fixed, but now it is leaking even worse. It appears to be coming in near the back sunroof, I took it back to the garage, they sprayed water on it, but could find nothing. Yesterday we had a downpour and the car is completely saturated, coming out of the lights and out of the seatbelt holes in the third seat, I mean actually "pouring out". Taking it back tomorrow, however with GMC's infinite wisdom they took away our local dealership, now will have to travel 100 miles EACH way (and how many times?!?!) to get it fixed, IF they can fix it. VERY FRUSTRATED!! Good-bye GMC!!!
    jane54,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
  • I just e-mailed GM Customer Assistance, and will continue to do so until something can be resolved. Thank you for responding to my complaint so promptly..... jane54
  • I too am going through hell with a leak. I think it is the sunroof. A few weeks ago with a bad rain storm my whole passenger side had a pool of water. I then started to have my battery die out on me & had to have it jump started for 2 days until the dealer was able to take it in. This is after I had to bring it in for a timing chain recall. Now, less than a week later, after another bad rain, the water is coming in worse than before & on top of it my parking brake light keeps coming on when my parking brake is not engaged. I also have 2 little ones & love the set up of the car but, I am about done with all these problems. It is back at the dealer again, so let's see what happens next!
    ginajen,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership.

Thank you,