Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Water Leaks

Comments

• 3suns3suns Posts: 1
    Cursed with a 2008 Acadia SLT2 sunroof etc. 114,000 miles later....... Leaking roof several visits but fixed by parking in my garage. New transmission @ 75000 mi. Power seat never worked on drivers side when I used, I'm 235 lbs, worked fine for my much lighter wife. Fuse box had to be replaced because of the leaks. Now warranty is off and the other day all lights on dash stayed on and car would not shut off when key was removed. This happened before and the fix was replacing the fuse box. I decided to tackle this one myself. I removed fuse box from under dash (passenger side behind glovebox). I dissected the box and found quite a bit of corrosion (terminals jumped on the grids). I cleaned the best I could and all is good, and guess what..... Seat works!!!! Hasn't worked for me since 30000 mi. HMMMM did they replace the fuse box or maaaybe a little tap of a hammer until the lights in the dash went out????? I have been a true american car lover collector etc but not sure what to think of this new gen $37000 piece of S#!^. I will do my homework on the next car. Good luck out there all you Acadia owners.
  • Hey, I just noticed that water is leaking out of the dome lights behind the passenger bucket seats of my 2007 GMC Acadia. I called GMC's customer service to report my problem and got the response that I need to take it to the dealer and GMC would not be able to help me. File number 71-1043313924. So, much for the major guard warranty that I am out of by 5,000 miles but doesn’t end until the end of March. This is frustrating. I wish I had been aware of this problem before my warranty ran out. I had smelled the musty odor for a while, but I never knew why.
    • OK so I have this 2008 Arcadia and I had the truck 1month my truck
      is back in the shop again for the fifth time .. today again. The truck wouldn't start after three times it started I got to my next destination and turned the truck off s
      tepped out side the car and it was still running without a key Amazing sounded like someone was shaking a bag of change then it shut off by itself.... I'm really starting to get nervous I don't want the car anymore fearing me and my children will be stranded somewhere ...when I got to the dealer nothing but I do hear a funny nois
    e upfront....not to mention that whine coming from the front :sick:

told the dealer about this the last 4 times its been with them my mechanic says it really sounds like the power steering ....... tomorrow ima having to let them know they can
  • Good morning kreynolds1,

I looked up your Service Request and see that your agent has requested you to visit a dealership before looking into cost assistance, and has scheduled a call to you on Friday March 2nd at or after 5:30 pm. Does this time work for your agent to call you? I can advise them differently, if you wish.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I can understand why you are feeling anxious about these concerns, frzdawn. It looks as though you're visiting the dealership again tomorrow for these concerns? Have you already worked/are you working with Customer Assistance on this? If you would like to get a case started, please send us an email at the address located in my profile (include a link to this thread as my coworker Christina answers incoming emails from the forum and will need context, your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Strange experience - bought 2008 'certified used' Acadia November 2011. Have been in dealership two times already. Most recent experience - I was making a left turn & as I was just about perpendicular to the cross traffic the transmission quit engaging & I was totally stuck blocking traffic. Two gentleman pushed can out of the way...seems there is a Transmission plate issue. OMG. Husband & I are totally dissatisfied. My two prior vehicles I made it well into the 200k miles range with minimal issues (Buick Regal & Lincoln LS)...I try to support our American Car manufacturers but am concerned with this cruddy GMC experience.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Good morning wisniewski97,

I'm sorry to hear that your certified Acadia is having some difficulties! Is your vehicle currently into the dealership for your most recent concern with the transmission plate? How is everything going?

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I'm very disappointed in some aspects of my 2008 Acadia. The issue of the month is now my back moonroof leaks in to my rear dome lights and leaks all over the back of my car making it smell terrible. I spent WAYYYY too much on my car to have some of the issues it has. This one isn't covered by recall and I'm of course out of warranty. Although they look nice and handle nice, this vehicle is a POS when it comes to some stuff. :cry:
    kevandkel1,

I'm very sorry to hear about the moonroof leak you've described in this post. How had you planned on getting this resolved?
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • We have contacted Beck and Masten South in Houston. We inquired with them if it was under the recall that they had awhile back and maybe we had just not received the notice. They said it was not. We need to get it fixed, but doubtful it will be with that dealer anyways. We have had poor luck with them fixing any of our issues with this dealership. Either way it will need to be soon before we have extra mold growing in the backseat.
    I definitely understand. If you do work with a dealership, please let us know! I understand that this isn't always an option, however.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • annaz2annaz2 Posts: 1
    I also have been having issues with my 2008 Acadia. Seems my sunroof is leaking and the water drains down through the dashboard. First time this happened, the air bag light came on but went off a few days later. Then when I would turn the car off, it would continue to run. Next morning the car was dead. I jumped it, drove it to the dealership, explained the problem but of course could not duplicate it there. Dealership said I needed a new battery and the air bag sensor needed to be replaced. (nothing was said about having the sunroof drains unclogged) Had the battery changed only and all was good until the next time I was in the rain and the same course of events occur with the addition of the the service engine light coming on. Made another appointment to have the car serviced in a couple of days. My Acadia has 43,500 miles on it and it is garaged. The other issue is the noise from the steering. Very annoying.

Can anyone that can give me suggestions on how to rectify this or report this to GMC? I am clueless on how to do this and it seems as there are lots of others with similar issues. I really need a reliable car to help with my new twin grandsons.
    Congratulations on your new twin grandsons, annaz2!

If you wanted to get in touch with us about the leak, steering noise, and service engine light, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership as well as the date of your appointment. My coworker Christina, who answers inbound emails from the forum, will advise you further.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • frzdawnfrzdawn Posts: 15
    hi i just wanna say that i just got my arcadia back from the dealer second time around on leaks i dont have a sun roof but my truck the first time was doing the same when i turned it off the engine was still going so i took it in i was told that there was a leak on the passanger side the circuit board got wet and thats why that happen so they dried it changed the board seal the so called leak .... about a week later it rained out and wet came in on the driver side all over my shoes ... and once again i turned the truck off and it continued to go nothing stops it you just have to wait so i took it back to the deal i was told that the windshield was leaking they replaced my windshield ...its kinda hard to get it to do it while its at the dealer i but somehow they made it do it again so you may wanna mention the circuit board on the passanger side behind the glove box .... and it may go away after that sunroof is sealed ...hope this helps you ... p s i just got my truck back yesterday for this hopefully it does not happen again ..... good luck
  • My steering has been making noises for the past 2+ years. I went to the dealer 3 times while under warranty in 3 months and they always made up an excuse and said they fixed it. Never truly fixed it. So good luck!! My current mechanic said he heard they might have a recall on it soon. Seems as though the power steering fluid just disappears. No leaks to the outside of the system, but always ends up low. Weird...
  • I bought a certified 2008 Acadia in Dec. 11. About a month after I started noticing water damage above the drivers side on the headliner. Led me to believe there was a leak, and since then I have only seen water coming from there once, but the water damage has gotten worse. After reading posts on here I see many others have this same problem. A friend of mine has had her 2008 Acadia for 3 yrs with no problems, which is part of the reason I bought the car was because she highly recommended it and I love the way they look/drive otherwise. It is still under warranty, does anyone know if the warranty covers this work and if it covers the headliner being replaced? I want the headliner replaced because the mold and mildew buildup underneath is not healthy. The posts on here that I see are very discouraging and I am hoping the problem can get fixed. I wonder if the car had leaked before I got it, and why did it all of a sudden start leaking just weeks after I got it. I love the car and I hate for this experience to cause me to get rid of it or steer clear from ever buying another GMC Acadia. Thanks!
    Good morning clemsoncaseyrn,

I'm sorry to read about the leak you're experiencing in your Acadia! Have you already had this looked into? If you would like for us to check into your warranty coverage, feel free to send us the last 8 digits of your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com (please include that you are interested in knowing your warranty parameters in the email).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Ugghh! Apparently, I'm just a small part of the masses with the same issues! Are you kidding me - there's no class action suit on the 2008 Acadia's? I thought I heard about a suit filed and in some cases, GMC was purchasing the vehicles back. I was searching the web for info on this when I had to stop here and post a message with folks going through the SAME bolognie! Oh ya, It's raining hard here in Cali this morning - and I've got water all over my dashboard and floor mats! (not to mention the dashboard brake lights and stabilitrak lights NEVER go away - even after spending money to find out there is nothing wrong!) My husband tried to convince me to not take the Acadia this morning becasue of the rain.... I paid A LOT of money for that car - and I can't drive it when it rains! Bull****! So.... GMC, have you ever dealt with a scorn woman that lugs 3 children under the age of 5 around in one of your lemons? You will now.
  • frzdawnfrzdawn Posts: 15
    yeah im sorry to hear that me i have 4 kids same thing something about the windsheild not being put in right idk .... nice outside body but has Aloooooot of leak mines have a weird smell now ever since i had that leak ....... if there is a pending recall please post when you get info on it :)
    Good morning skittypook,

I am sorry that you're upset, and understand why you're frustrated. It looks as though you've already gotten this looked into at your dealership, is this correct? If we can follow up on that appointment for you and see what else can be done, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with:
    your name/Edmunds username
    phone and address
    the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage
    the name of your involved dealership and a description of any recent visit(s) you have made there regarding this concern

My coworker Christina, who answers inbound email, will assist you further.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service