Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Infiniti G37 Sedan and Coupe

Comments

• sweendogysweendogy Left lanePosts: 1,190
    for 2010? dont see the option on the G? 2011 M has it?
  • sjaievesjaieve Posts: 252
    I believe this was deleted for 2010. The 2011 M is one sweet ride though, cant wait to see it in person.
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    agreed; infiniti just updated their website for the 2011 M so they should be arriving in dealers fairly soon; I'll be keeping a watchful eye on my local Infiniti dealer!
    I think some dealer sent me an invite to some party there are throwing to launch this bad boy. Honestly the interior is just amazing, if this is the direction there are taking the next gen G, man then I can't wait to step into that one.
    I know, definitely is a good direction for Infiniti to go! if they do to the next gen G what they did to the new M then BMW really better start wetting its pants now :P ;)
    I agree the new M is one sweet ride-- but so was the old M-- Infiniti needs to concentrate on the G if they are going to go after BMW-- the G needs to be the companies go to car (already is but not the extent that the 3 series is for BMW).

More HP (check), Coupe/convert (check), entry price (check), low powered entree ala 328 (coming soon), superperformance car (nope, no m3,m5), no G AWD with manual-- M nice car but its a pimple on nissan azs when it comes to infiniti. BMW continues its lead because they are able to lease 50k cars for 500 a month-- east coast eats them up at that price-

Please get me a G AWD sedan that has a manual-
  • 1. Could someone please explain why Infiniti will not allow you to have a G37 Coupe Sport 6 MT with maple accent interior trim?

2. Also, why are certain exterior colors as Smoky Quartz or Midnight Garnet available on the G37 Sedan and G37 Convertible, respectively, but not the G37 Coupe?

3. Finally, why is it not possible to get the wheat leather interior color with the G37 Coupe or the G37 Convertible Sport 6MT?

4. Is there a manufacturing reason why these colors or trim are not offered with the 6 MT Coupe? Would it really increase their production cost significantly? Even if a relatively small number would want this combination, why can't you special order this combination?
    1) infiniti feels manual drivers dont have time to look at wood
    2) infiniti feels the colors dont look as good or will sell on the coupe
    3) doest think those colors will sell
    4) infiniti sells more sedans and is trying to keep the costs down for the lesser selling coupe--

hope this helps --
  • larrys8larrys8 Posts: 31
    Hello all,

Looking for feedback on this one. I am seriously considering the g37x with nav, prem and maybe the wheel package. I went for a test drive with the intent of ruling it out and getting the TL. I really only looked at it because my wife has a 06 Murano and we have been very happy with the look, feel and realiablity of her car. Took the G for a drive and thought it was an amazing car for the money. Also took out the 2011 M, also a great car, but a little too big and plush and out of my budget (sales guys says he could make it work). Anyway, then went and drove the TL, interior room TL was a great fit, nice car, but frankly handles and drives like my current 07 accord-V6. The TL AWD/Tech would be the smart decision from a comfort and size perspective. Feature wise, the loaded TL and loaded G seem very similar. However the G was so much more fun to drive. I want to take one for the day to get a better idea. OK, so I have rambled on enough. Here are my questions that I am hoping you can help me with.

1. I am a big guy about 6ft and 230 lbs. I need to play around with the seats, but seemed fairly comfortable. I commute about an hour each way 5 days a week. Any comfort issues that anyone is aware of? (I am intentionally staying away from the sports package because of the additional bolstering on the seats).

2. Real world MPG in mixed driving? I am hopeful for 20 or 21 (I get 22-25 in my accord).

3. The layout of the interior of the G seemed more logical, intuitive and easier to use.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very helpful.
  • jtlajtla Posts: 375
    edited March 2010
    Larry, I can certainly relate to how a test drive would hook one on to a car. I chose BMW 328i over the current generation G in 2007 when it first came out. This time around, I did not think I would consider a previous runner-up at its fourth model years, and thought the TL AWD would be ideal for my next ride. After a few test drives on both (and a few others), the G37 won my heart with its fun to drive characteristics.

Now, to you questions:

1. Smart move on your part to avoid sport package. I have the sport seat, which fits fine for my 5' 7" 145 lbs. body, but I can see how big guys like you will feel cramped in it. Others with the regular seats may comment on its comfort, but I have not seen any complaint in various forums (and I have visited a lot).

2. I am still in break-in period and getting 20 MPG with 900 miles so far (50/50 city/hwy miles). And this is with a lot of idling time playing with all the tech toys. I expect this MPG number to go up after break-in period. Others with longer ownership of the car please chime in.

3. As you have observed, the loaded TL and loaded G are tie on the equipment list. The interior layout is up to personal taste, but I am not a big fan of all those buttons on the TL. The G, on the other hand, has a clean design which is very functional and easy to use.

Hope this helps.
  • cachoycachoy Posts: 3
    Can anyone with graphite shadow share their experience on how clean it keeps and how much effort is required to maintain its appearance?
    Jtla,

Thanks so much for your response. The more I think about all of this and the more I read all of these posts; makes the decision harder and harder. Thinking about everything from a pre-owned 7 series to the 2011 M37 (which I also took for a test ride).

I guess the search is half the fun.

Thanks
  • bondibondi Posts: 9
    hi lARRYS8
    have had my 2010 g37x with prem, nav and sport for two months. coming from 2006 m35x.
    1. m a great car too big for me. new' "g" a drivers car vs. luxury. fast and fun.
    2. stay away from sport seats. i'm small, 5'4" and 136#. would be tight on manly men.
    3. fit, finish on interior very good. tight and well layed out.
    4. 0nly 1800 miles to date and getting 18-20 mpg. not broken in yet but difficult staying off the gas pedal when you hear that roar.
    Thanks for responding, I am going to take one out for the day on Friday. I guess its all downhill from there. I like the wheels and the paddle shifters that come with the sport package, but again with my size I am worried about the seats. The dealer claims they cant get the AWD with wheel package, only the sports package. I will try and spend some time in both.
    huge wish - i want this car--
  • dat2dat2 Posts: 242
    Smarty,

It would be impossible for Nissan to offer an optional rear wheel drive Maxima. That changes the fundamental design of the car completely. However, AWD could be an option since they already offer it on the Murano/Rogue.
    Plus, if they had RWD, that would make the Max no different from Infiniti. FWD is what has still till this day distinguish Nissan from Infiniti. I hope they leave it that way but I do agree I think a AWD option might not be that bad of a idea.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,047
    edited April 2010
    We've all been wondering exactly what flavor of fruit the Daimler AG/Renault-Nissan mash-up would bear, and now it looks like we may have our first answer. Starting soon, the Infiniti G will boast an efficient four-cylinder engine borrowed straight from Mercedes-Benz. AutoWeek reports that Nissan head-honcho Carlos Ghosn confirmed the news himself, though so far we have no indication of exactly which four-pot will make its way into the Japanese sedan or when it will be available to buyers.

The above was copied from an article on Autoblog. Anybody know what would be the most logical 4 cyl Nissan would get from Daimler and what the specs could end up being?

This coupled with the new G25 would be a drastic change but offer a lot of choices for customers looking at the G line. They could have 3 distinct cars to look at. Maybe a G25 w/210hp V6 for entry into the brand, a G28(just guessing) with a 280ish hp turbo 4cyl and then the G37 with the big V6. Just speculating but will be interesting to watch. The G25 is supposed to get really decent MPG and I would assume they could get good MPG from a turbo 4 as well ala Hyundai and it's new turbo 4 w/ 274 hp and 34mpg hwy.
  • My guess would be the engine from the C250 CGI, which is actually a 1.8l turbo DI model with around 204hp/229ft-lbs and 33mpg. I thought it could also be the 2.4t GEMA engine, but I'm not sure MB has much to do with that anymore since it sold Chrysler.
    if indeed Infiniti goes this way with the trim levels for G's slotted below the current G37, it will be interesting to see what Nissan does with the Altima and Maxima in the next two years. Especially since Hyundai will becoming out with that turbo 4cyl thats suppose to get decent fuel economy on paper. Nissan will have to do something. Hopefully this will be the answer.
    no way nissan gives infiniti 3 engines for the G-- They already have how many differennt combinations of G-- if and when they give 4cy for the G it will prob be 250-280 hp-- (higher then nissans current 4's in the states) - plus they will prob go the way of lexus and only offer the lower engine with a manual option- thus killing the old 6speed in the 6 cy-- would love to see them keep the manual and bump HP to 350-- and throw in AWD and I will write the check right now. The gov't mandate to get MPG's up will make it interesting for all these car manufactures to maintain performance and squeeze mpg's
    edited April 2010
    "The gov't mandate to get MPG's up will make it interesting for all these car manufactures to maintain performance and squeeze mpg's"

Well since Ford has done that with the Mustang V6, +300HP & 30mpg I dont see why Nissan cannot duplicate this if not better that as well. If history is anything to go by, Nissan tech has always been better than Ford tech so I am pretty confident that not only Nissan can duplicate that but Toyota, Hyundai, Subaru, pretty much anyone you can think of.
    agreed-- lets see what they come up with-- thats my one knock on the g35x 2007 that i have-- car should get closer to 30 mpgs on the highway doing 65-- for the life of my car my mpgs are 18-- yes it spends most of its life on city streets or in the driveway
    You are right, I would settle for mid 20s combined. Its possible this is what the guys in the 335i, S4 and IS350 are getting. I stand to be corrected.
    maybe but all those cars are more coin to get in the door
  • beer4704beer4704 Posts: 46
    How much is it to replace a headlight? Why...? I have a rule to never buy a car wear the headlight replacement is $500 or more. If a headlight costs that much, imagine what a transmission would cost you! It stands to reason I'll never own a Jag or MB, and I am fine with that. The G37 has really piqued my interest though, in that it appears to be a sporty, well made car that one could use for business. I have heard all the good things about the 3.5/3.7 motor, so no qualms there. The motor is usually the last thing to go these days It is all the other things that can nickel and dime you to death. Any high mileage drivers out there? I do about 25K per year so I have to be comfortable over long rides. Does the G37 cut it for a high mileage person? I have been spoiled by some very reliable Hondas over the years and don't want to go backwards on reliability. Also looking at Genesis & LaCrosse but the G is leading at the moment. :D I appreciate any feedback.
    maybe check out consumer reports- they have your answer
  • billpaulbillpaul Posts: 103
    Also, check out Consumer Report's video of their test track review of the G37 sedan. They take the car to its limits. You will probably need to be an online subscriber.
  • mrcrispymrcrispy Posts: 7
    How much difference does the sport package make on a G37 Journey. I know it has a tuned suspension and LSD, but is the steering feel better.

Say you had a choice between these 2 -

1. Journey+nav
    2. Journey+sport

Which one would you choose. I like the tech toys in the nav but don't want to compromise handling too much. On the other hand if the base car is good enough I don't want to pay for paddles, stitching and better seats.
  • poodog13poodog13 Posts: 320
    I actually would avoid the sport package myself. I find that on cars like this that are already more sporty than touring suspension setup, adding the sport tuned suspension makes for a VERY rough ride. Real world driving conditions are such that the negatives of the bumpier ride (both driver experience and wear and tear) far outweight the positives of improved handling and feel. You just don't find that many occassions to whip around windy turns at high speed, but where I live the roads can get pretty bad, especially in early spring (pothole season).