Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Kizashi

mandi79mandi79 Posts: 12
How do you guys/gals like the new Suzuki. I think it is going to be great for the consumer, and Suzuki! Very nice looking car, with great features, and awesome interior!
I love my SX4 Sedan, but I wouldn't mind a Kizashi! How do you think it compares to the SX4?

Thanks Mandi

Comments

• whwongwhwong Posts: 5
    In overall I like it, though I hope it could be more aggressive, but at least it is the sharpest mid-sizer in the market. If price is right I will probably get one.
  • mandi79mandi79 Posts: 12
    I think that if Suzuki wants to appeal to their customers during this time of economic distress then pricing the Kizashi at an afforable price would be the best.

Mandi
  • Anybody heard of a release date?

Engine options?

Pricing?

:confuse:
  • Industry whisper rumor has it that the Kizashi will be MSRP'ed at 17k to 18k for base models, which are actually fairly well equipped, and loaded models will run near 26k with every option.

If true, that will probably mean actual pricing of 14.5k to 21k.
  • The link you posted doesn't work.

Consumer Reports has rgiven the Kizashi a really terrible review. I am a little surprised, but maybe I shouldn't be.
  • Such a better looking car than the TSX! So much potential...

First they tempt us by saying it will have a class leading +200 hp, only to find it is 185/180 hp. Same thing for the still unapproved V6. At first it was 300 hp in the show car, but now talk of 260hp? Other similar sporty cars have 270-300hp, so Suzuki comes up short again.

If Suzuki wants to compete, the performance/numbers has to be competitive. We know that the GM sourced V6 is capable of 306hp on regular gas in the CTS, so if Suzuki just takes the XL-7 into the Kizashi, then they don't approve their image at all. This does not bode well for the car company in the US.

I just don't understand how the parent company can develop the fastest road motorcycle (Hayabusa) and yet can't make a decent car engine. Hello, Honda & Yamaha can do it, and Yamaha don't even make cars! They have a beautiful car with a weak heart (engine). So, do they want their new car to have a heart like the Chevy Malibu (252 hp) or that of the CTS (306hp)?

This car has the perfect dimensions, similar to the 328/A4/TSX, but they need an practical image car.

Another point to Suzuki, put the XL-7 v6 into the Grand Vitara. Where the hell did they come up with a modern 3.2L v6 with less power then a defunct Isuzu Rodeo. Look at what happened to Isuzu...
  • From Consumer Reports:

We briefly drove a high end Kizashi with 18-inch wheels and all the bells and whistles. Bottom line: We were not impressed. The 2.4-liter engine mated to the CVT isn’t the most cultured powertrain out there. The ride is rather stiff, and the steering, in our judgment, has very little European inspiration, if at all. The interior is nothing special, but the cabin has a pleasing appearance and decent seats.

Very bad news.

Link: Consumer Reports
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,415
    That's one take, Mike. Autoblog had a completely different impression:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/16/2010-suzuki-kizashi-first-drive/

I don't think you can conclude much from the CR blurb...and they were not comparing it to the competition with testing equipment. At least autoblog drove a few others for comparison, even if they didn't do a real test.

No matter what, the Kizashi has the advantage of being the trimmest mid-size sedan, providing the room without the bulk. It looks like it is priced better than most too.
  • i know that larger, wider wheels/tires create more drag, but the aprox. 3mpg city and 3mpg hwy reduction for the 18inch wheels over the 16inch wheels seems a bit much. Would anyone like to enlighten me on this topic?

otherwise, seems like a great car and i'd consider buying one....
  • I wondered what a red Suzuki Kizashi would look like. Wonder no more. Looks very cool to me. Trouble is I tried to paste it on here and it took up this whole page.
    So here's a silver-colored one instead. Just to sort of keep your mental image of the new Suzuki Kizashi ruminating a bit. :blush:

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• in the new Suzuki Kizashi. I was reading one of Suzuki's ads on the Kizashi yesterday at Safeway and Suzuki advertises they will be selling the "Kizashi nicely equipped for $21,200."

Did I read that right?

Industry whisper rumor has it that the Kizashi will be MSRP'ed at 17k to 18k for base models, which are actually fairly well equipped, and loaded models will run near 26k with every option.

If true, that will probably mean actual pricing of 14.5k to 21k.

Above is your comment mikemartin and it turns out that what you said is going to actually be pretty accurate in the real world. Man, I don't know about you but I just grew about $5,000 more interested in this car than I was before reading that ad.

• I must be really interested in the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi because I just clicked on that ad and optioned-one out and priced-one out. For a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in Vivid Red, FWD, 6-speed manual transmission, bluetooth, sunroof and 425-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo, it comes to $23,334. That's MSRP, with no dickering included. I'd want to dicker a tad for this car.

425-watt, 10-speaker Rockford-Fosgate premium AM / FM / CD /XM-capable audio system with MP3 playback. My '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS has a 650-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo. On this '10 Suzuki Kisashi GTS several of the options are very similar to my '08 Lancer GTS' included options. The one-touch power sunroof is on both cars, the RF stereo, foglights, etc. Wow, I like this Kizashi a lot. I'd get a Vivid Red one or a Metallic Silver one and be really happy with either one of those colors.

Reviews are good...Edmunds gave it a very good review. The interior gets very good grades. The ride is tight and taut, but I am used to that with my sport-tuned 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. I am not only used to a sport-tuned suspension but I think that I want that kind of build from now on. It pays off in the twisties and on the freeway, though over bumpy roads it can be kind of irritating. The 2.4L 180hp 4-cylinder apparently is providing these reviewers with ample power for city and highway driving. And I have now read one reviewer with the 6-speed manual tranny praise the shifter on their Kizashi, saying that it shifts easier than their Audi A4's shifter. Wow. I see no reason for a car of this size that the 2.4L 180hp 4 wouldn't be enough power. This car would look great in Vivid Red or the silver that is shown on the Kizashi in my post above. More on this car later.

• very revved up about this vehicle. I'm thinkin' Mitsubishi just gained some serious competition for my next spending dollar. I'd say I'll wait for Suzuki ta work out da bugs on this brand new Kizashi, but, people aren't encountering any problems with their Kizashi's. And the name Kizashi is fine. It's fine.

The car is getting a 9.4 out of 10 rating here in Edmund's Suzuki Kizashi reviews. My fave two reviews were from the guys who bought the Suzuki Kizashi GTS with 6-speed manual tranny's. They're working like champs. I've been wanting to enter the manual tranny world again.

Anyhoo...I must go to bed and get some more beautiful rest. But first...here ya go!

I do like the silver color and the Vivid Red.

• in Vivid Red. Decent pic if I must say so myself.

Yeah, I am getting hooked on the "Jetta-like" look the new Kizashi portrays from the front there. The more I read about this new Suzuki the more I like. There's just no need to trade in a nearly new car for a brand new car right now, is there? :shades:

This car has what I'd call an elegant but sporty look to it. It just screams at me "take me for a spin and push me in to the turns as hard as you'd like!"

Humm...iluvmysephia1...you already have a car like that, remember?

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,675
    edited March 2010
    Kizashi. Not too shabby so far for these tests.

NHTSA Crash Test Driver5 stars
    NHTSA Crash Test Passenger5 stars
    NHTSA Crash Test Side Front5 stars
    NHTSA Crash Test Side Rear5 stars
    NHTSA Rollover4 stars
    IIHS OffsetNot tested

The wheels on the GTS model I'm interested in are listed as 18.0 X 8.0 in. painted alloys. They're shown on the Kizashi below. Nice! I feel the painted alloys, with their bright and shiny metallic glow, look great against the silvery finish of Suzuki's Kizashi metallic silver. Which brings up the subject of the Kizashi's main exterior color. I am starting to favor metallic silver over the two available red color offerings, too, for my...ummm...I mean somebody's Kizashi for 2010. ;) Suzuki names this color Platinum Silver Metallic. It is now my front-running color for this car.

• gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,415
    It is completely stupid that the Kizashi gets different mpg based on wheel size. What other company rates mpg differently for a 16" v. 17" wheel? Weird.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,675
    edited March 2010
    as far as liking the Kizashi's design. Car companies are good to catch in this situation. They are trying hard, just like the car company I bought from, Mitsubishi. And good Warranties can be had, too.

gregg vw-have you read the reviews on Edmunds from people who've already bought Kizashi's? Pretty solid ratings so far. Great handling, steering, stereo, etc.

You've got a SX-4, how is it doing right now? Running like a champ, yes?

I'm digging the Platinum Metallic Silver with those nice painted alloys. Sweet.

$23,244 for a loaded Suzuki Kizashi GTS in 6-speed tranny form, leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift, foglights, 425-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo, etc. That's a pretty good deal. It's cars like this that are making me think twice about going electric for my next car.

Look at those cool headlights and foglights. The foglights are a bigger diameter than my Lancer's foglights.