Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Kizashi

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,700
    edited April 2010
    I loved your review of your new Kizashi! I have test drove a '10 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in automatic CVT. I didn't even test the CVT in my test drive, I was so blown away by the Kizashi's smooth drive. It handles and corners like a dream. I want a Platinum Metallic Silver GTS, preferably in 6-speeds. Like this one here. I am going to be getting a new job here in a few weeks so buying is probably not in my immediate future.

2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS

It would be more like 3-6 months down the road. But this is the car I can't seem to get out of my mind. And I have a nice car, a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

edited April 2010
    for Kizashi.

Note the new wheels, with their more intricate inner pattern there. Man, glad I waited on this pup to come along. Suzuki execs say that the GTS model will still come in at around $23,400. They've added some new chrome to the front fascia along with the wheel package. I think the whole car looks even better with this new Sport package. Here's some other looks at the Sport Kizashi.

Notice that new chrome up there? Looks pretty sharp. I am liking this particular red one here. I'm still hunting and gathering and looking at color preferences while I get slowly closer to attempting to explain to my wife that not only do I need another job we need a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS in 6-speed transmission.

Hey, I also notice an orange turn signal indicator just above the foglights that isn't there on the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi, too. You can compare by just checking my above post where I've placed a picture of a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in Platinum Silver Metallic.

All Suzuki Kizashi's have push-button start. On my test drive of a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS with the automatic CVT transmission I got to start the Kizashi by only pressing a button. I've never done that before, it is kind of strange if you haven't started a car that way before. I'll want to be depressing the clutch pedal on my Kizashi GTS before push-button starting it, huh.

• prigglypriggly Posts: 642
    The overall look of the new Kizashi is favorable but the wheel configurations are terrible - far, far too busy! Can you imagine how difficult it would be to clean brake dust off those wheels??!
    edited April 2010
    you think those wheels are too busy? I don't. Oh well. My '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS has wheels that are less busy-more just straight spoke. Like this.

But those wheels on the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport do not appear to me to be too busy. They look pretty good and they're done artfully. Here's a close-up view of the Sport's wheel setup.

I like 'em. :)

edited April 2010
    in polar white. This car looks quite impressive in white. It enthuses me like a real car enthusiast's car should. Might have ta buy one. :blush:

Offered exclusively on Kizashi GTS and SLS trim levels, Suzuki's new 'Sport' variant of its sleek and sophisticated sport sedan is scheduled to go on sale in the United States this August. Pricing for the all-new 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport will be announced closer to the vehicle's arrival in dealer showrooms.

Sorry ta disappoint you, but I've already snorked from an online article somewhere that the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport will be priced very close to the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS. For example, the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in 6-speed form will cost about $23,400. The 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS will no doubt cost around $23,775. Or thereabouts.

Cool. I am continuing to make slow plans to get one of these 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport's. I didn't even know the Sport model was coming. They pleasureably blindsided me on that one. ;)

Elko, NV, will be a great place to own one of these 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport's. I can just feel it in me bones, gentlemen.

edited April 2010
    to a theater near you. Random thoughts on the new 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport.

Check out all of the engineering that goes in to this new Suzuki. There is nothing else like the Kizashi in this category of car on the road today! Why might that be?

Well, let's talk about it. For starters show me another car in the segment that has: aluminum pistons with low tensile force rings, forged connecting rods, forged crankshaft, a timing chain (not a belt), balance shafts, hydraulic valve lifters and coil-over ignition. There are none.

Trust me, the above information means this car will be a great performer and is better engineered than anything in its category and price level. The prices are going to start around 19k, and go up to 25k for a totally loaded version complete with AWD! To get anything even close to this car you will have to spend at least 10k to 20K more than you will with Kizashi.

Suzuki tends to put it's money where you can't see it, unlike other brands that sell a fancy interior on a crusty old driveframe. Multi-link fully independent suspension too, no piddly semi-trailing arms or torsion beams to be found on this car.

Combine all those features with the AWD option and there's plenty to differentiate this car from Honda's, Toyota's, VW's and Subaru's, etc. Great job, Suzuki!

edited April 2010
    am I the only licensed driver in these United States of America that wants to buy one of these 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport's?

I'm startin' ta get a hankerin' for the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport in white. Suzuki calls this white 'Radiant White'. I see their point.

• m6userm6user Posts: 2,999
    Well, 13 other people bought them and posted reviews to the right. Maybe them and you are the whole market for this car. ;)
    edited April 2010
    I'm starting to wonder if you're not right!

Heck, the Kizashi Sport, due out in August 2010 as a 2011 Suzuki model, offers a 10-way adustable driver's seat, safety-passed through the year 2014, a 185-hp 2.4L 4 cylin. motor with a 6-speed transmission, foglights, leather-gripped steering wheel and gearknob, side body cladding, side moulding, sunroof, 425-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo, cloth seating(very comfortable BTW-I test drove one at a Henderson, NV, dealer, very comfortable seating) and climate control for the front and back. All for $23,795!

The car drives like a dream. I kid you not m6user, you should test drive one. I don't see what's going to keep me away from a Suzuki dealer. Getting turned down for a loan would do it, yes. ;)

The car seems to have firmly implanted itself underneath my skin. When we do get up to NE Nevada the closest dealer will be where steve (your host here) resides, Boise, ID. It will be they that must cow-tow to my every purchasing desire or I'll be forced to stay with my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS.

Darn.

The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS is indeed gorgeous and also drives like a dream. Why am I looking at the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport, then?

edited April 2010
    I found my 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS 6-speed in Platinum Metallic Silver for only $21,998! Here's a picture from this undisclosed dealership's website of the actual Kizashi I would run in and trade our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS for.

2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in Platinum Metallic Silver (awesome shade for this car)

This is a 6-speed manual Kizashi GTS, just the model I want. It is at the best-selling Suzuki dealer in the U.S. I won't mention the dealership's name as I am not allowed by Edmunds, but I will say that I am trying to get a job that is within 212 miles of this dealership. Think Cornhusker's and you'll be honing yourself in to where I might be moving to to live and work.

edited April 2010
    You've been in the forums for a long time and you don't know it's perfectly alright to mention a dealers name? They just don't want salesmans names or phone numbers. Dealer names and locations are not only allowed but encouraged but it your're working a deal and think it best not to say, that's fine too.
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,415
    The Kizashi is a good car, but will have a tough road ahead. Suzuki doesn't have many dealerships, relatively speaking. Few Suzuki models are sold here. The Kizashi will be going up against not only good products already well established, but models like the 2011 Kia Optima, which some will find better looking, not to mention its greater hp and mpg for about the same money. It is also apparently a good handler for a front driver, like the Kizashi. Then there is the 2011 Buick Regal. This process will go on and on. Suzuki will not stem this tide, with just one model offering just one powertrain. But a small number will certainly find the Kizashi to be the ticket for them.
  • I cannot believe that I am about to defend Suzuki. Suzuki has never been mainstream in the US like Honda, VW, Ford, Toyota, Buick, and even Kia. And that's ok. Suzuki is a much bigger venture worldwide than most Americans realize. All this fretting about a limited dealership network is more or less American Suzuki's decision---they bought out many underperforming, less desirable dealerships. No doubt the Kizashi will be tweaked and refined in coming years. However, Kizashi is very nice like it is now. I think it a bit premature to pronounce American Suzuki as lackluster. It is just getting warmed up. The best thing Suzuki ever did was to sever ties with GM. GM was slowly suffocating American Suzuki with the ubiquitous GM policy of rebadging everything. Suzuki is going to introduce its incredibly popular Swift (next generation) this year or the next in the US. Im sure other models will follow as time goes on. After having driven Fords, GMC trucks, VWs, Saabs, and Mercedes, I am now unashamedly proud to say i drive a Suzuki Kizashi. I encourage everyone, including all those vocal skeptics out there, at least to go test drive a Kizashi. It shocked the heck out of me..and probably will surprise you as well.
    All your points are well-taken. I have been to India many times. Suzuki absolutely dominates there, as well as in other places. But for whatever reason (lack of product is certainly one), they have not been able to gain a foothold here in the US. The very good Kizashi is unlikely to change that. It does get good reviews and comes in mid-pack or better in the comparison tests that have been done to date. It is a good choice for anyone who wants some "sport" with their mid-sizer. But its advertised "best in class" hp was bested in a matter of weeks by Hyundai, and it is already behind in the in-car technology race. It is one good model, and there is nothing else in the Suzuki pipeline right now, other than plans to bring the next generation Swift here. But when the new Swift arrives, the market here will already be flooded with that size car from Ford, Chevrolet, Mazda, Nissan, Chrysler-Fiat, etc., 2011 and 2012 models that are completely new and promising much.

The Equator (a Nissan) is unlikely to do anything in the marketplace. The Grand Vitara is not selling much. The only other models are from the SX4 family, one of which I have, and I like it a lot. But if I were shopping today, I'd be less likely to pick one up, given new competition that was not there in 2008. SX4 sales have almost collapsed, and they were hardly hot two years ago.

The VW connection should help, once some sharing gets underway. A little cross-pollination from one of the fastest growing companies worldwide will not hurt at all. Meanwhile, I still may buy a Kizashi. But it will be closely compared with several 2011 models first.
  • I completely understand and agree with the points you have made. I owned a 2009 SX4 AWD touring crossover for 9 months (was not a fan of its automatic transmission)...now have a 2010 Kizashi SLS AWD. I guess I am just hoping with somewhat baited breath that perceptions about Suzuki will change over time and that US will see what value can found in Suzuki. If only Suzuki would be extremely aggressive with advertising, brand recognition, etc.
    edited April 2010
    I found me a dealer in East Wichita that is selling my 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS for only $21,998. That includes the foglights, leather steering wheel and gearknob, sunroof, 425-watt Rockford Fosgate stereo, 6-speed transmission, 10-way adjustable driver's seat and safety through the year 2014. Suzuki tuned this car's suspension and tweaked it's engine testing on the famed Autobahn. This is one awesome car and although I now own an awesome car, a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, this car just seems to be stuck within me, refusing to unsnag and float downstream.

It is the No.1selling Suzuki store in the nation, Wichita East, that is selling this '10 Kizashi GTS for only $21,998. If I get a job in Nebraska I am about to be phone-interviewed for, I will live only 212 miles from the Wichita East Suzuki store. Check out this Kizashi GTS for a moment.

The turn signal orange indicators up above and the side of the foglights are on the regular Kizashi GTS model, not just the new Sport. I thought they arrived with the new Sport. I learned that today. Also, the black strip along the top of the grill, jus below the hoodline, is on the regular Kizashi GTS.

In other words, there's no real reason for me to wait for the Kizashi Sport, that will come in August of 2010! This is my car, waiting in Wichita for me! Can't pay cash for it, can I get a loan, though? :shades: I'm not so sure. Maybe I'd better sit tight with my '08 Lancer GTS.

my pursuit of the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi let me just say this about that. I'm still interested in the car as all get out. However, this is not the right time to trade in for one. I am in the process of switching Allied Health Respiratory Care/Sleep Medicine jobs, and things are pretty fluid right now with my wife and I.

So, for now, and the foreseeable future, we are just gonna dig the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS to the full. It's a great car and who knows we may not trade it in for another car for many, many moon.

edited April 2010
    have I mentioned lately how much I like the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS and/or the 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport in white?

This may be only the second white car I have ever bought, though my wife would pick Vivid Red. The first white car was a 1966 Ford Fairlane. We used to call it old Smokey, smoke came off the motor and in to the car's cabin.

The above-pictured 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS is now going for $22,879. Plus, there is a $500 rebate available, for a total price of now $22,379. That is about $381 more than the price they last had on there when I checked(no-I'm not obsessing on this car at all~not me :D ). That would've been just a couple of days ago. Really, the price they had this Kizashi listed for, $21,998, was too low! That's the latest, I'd be lookin' at a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in Platinum Silver Metallic and 6-speeds for only $22,379.

A flaming bargain, friends, for what you get.

Trust me, buddies, I'm a friendly Respiratory Therapist and Sleep Technologist.

You sound a little manic as well! :P

Suzuki is in no position to be raising prices on a car that is not yet selling well. Granted, it is a great car, but it is going up against some of the best iron that has ever been out there. The Legacy, the 2011 Sonata (great engine!), the 2011 Regal, the soon-to-be-released 2011 Optima (nice!!!), as well as the very good Fusion, the Altima, Accord and even the Chevy Malibu. The Camry will soon be redesigned. Suzuki cannot sit on any of its laurels, and price increases at this point are odd at best.
    that was Wichita East Suzuki raising the price of that 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS from $21,998 to $22,879. It wasn't Suzuki Motors of Japan raising Kizashi prices.

Remember, I'm ga-ga over this car so I'm focusing intently on it. I am watching it's prices like a hawk 'cause I'd like to purchase one.

my mistake
    edited April 2010
    it is weird that Suzuki East Wichita raised their prices like that on the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi I want. Why?

What's even weirder is that they upped the price right after I mentioned what it was here on Edmunds. Da ya ever get the feeling that more people read these Edmunds threads than ya think?

I wonder if there's any car lovers out there who are afraid to log on and communicate directly over the Interweb with us here on Edmunds?

edited April 2010
    it is weird that Suzuki East Wichita raised their prices like that on the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi I want. Why?

You're probably right. Somebody from the dealership is monitoring the Suzuki threads and know you are gaga over. Kidding but I guess it could happen.
    edited April 2010
    You're probably right. Somebody from the dealership is monitoring the Suzuki threads and know you are gaga over. Kidding but I guess it could happen.

Man, this one kinda gives me the creeps. Like they did see it and changed the price. Or, what is probably the truth, is that someone listed the wrong prices on several '10 Suzuki Kizashi's at Suzuki Wichita East and they noticed their error and fixed it...entirely on their own.

I'm sure that's it.

Sort of...sure.

edited April 2010
    have I remarked lately how this white 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport in 6-speeds is the latest new car that I would like ta purchase? Looks great in white, it's because of how Suzuki trimmed this pup out. I wouldn't add a single thing to the car anywhere. Just enjoy the hell outta it. ;)

Big, beefy, bodacious and beautiful. In white no less.

If I could, I would add about 10-15 more hp, an interactive nav system, heated and cooled seats, and a bit more sound deadening.
    Um...excuse me, but no one here that I have seen has "lambashed" you (or lambasted you). I for one do like your enthusiasm, and if not for you, this thread would be awfully silent.

At the same time, you must understand that lots of people (including the majority of mid-size buyers out there) do not see it the way you do. I think the Kizashi is a good value, but it is arguable whether it is the "best" value. So far, none of the auto magazines (even while praising it) see it as the very best either. This is a very subjective thing. Your opinion is valid and it is great you are so enthused about it. But to expect others to see it your way, when the car doesn't meet their needs as well as it does yours, is perhaps going a bit too far in your enthusiasm.

I don't see for example the 2011 Sonata as being the be-all, end-all of the discussion either. But at the same time, with its 200 hp, full-size interior, specially hardened pistons, 35 mpg highway figure, heated and cooled seats available, 274 hp version available (twin scroll turbochargers generally used on much more expensive engines), it is very competitive...in other words, its got some street cred.

Is it for you? Sounds like not. But it is meeting the needs of a lot of folks and sales are skyrocketing. It is no more expensive than the Kizashi, comparably equipped. So it comes down to personal preference. as well as other factors (resale and overall satisfaction). I think Suzuki has a good start, but still a ways to go to be competitive in this market. And I say that as a Suzuki owner and long-time admirer.
    edited April 2010
    enlighten me, please. Is the 2011 Hyundai Sonata even offered in 5-speed or 6-speed manual form?

Know this, too. I only have 152 horses in my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. I don't need twin turbos. Then again, if someone else does, good for them.

I did go overboard, but, when I like something I go 186 mph balls-to-the-proverbial wall for it.

When I work as a Respiratory Therapist, I don't just do the bare minimum. If I have the patient for more than, say, 3 days, I get to know them. I ask them about theirselves. I befriend them. This pays dividends to me later, because they tell other people about my care for them.

Back to my Lancer GTS. It has more than enough power. The 2011 Suzuki Kizashi 6-speed manual has 185 horses within a 2.4L 4-banger. That will be more than enough for me.

I totally agree with your post above and thank you for your support.

As Jason Isbell of The Drive-By Truckers belts out in their tune 'Never Gonna Change', "We ain't never gonna change, we ain't doin' nuthin' wrong!"

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I realize that I can't bring everyone over to my side, gregg vw. I will say this, it's awfully nice being over on my side.

And on the side of both Mitsubishi Motors of Japan and Suzuki Motors of Japan. I don't even think I need Kia Motors of South Korea any more. And that, ladies and dirty dirty germs, is a change.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS in Vivid Red

Of course you don't need Kia. But you are abandoning them just as they are getting really really good.

BTW, the 2011 Sonata with a 2.4 liter is available with a 6 speed manual transmission. This, even though there is little call anymore for stick transmissions here. Thus, most manufacturers are selling fewer of them. And it makes sense. The new continuously variable transmissions and the double clutch manuals that can be shifted automatically (like VW and Audi offer, among others) both accelerate about as well as a stick, and as a bonus, tend to offer slightly better mpg. In this way, they are superior to many 6 speed automatics. And of course 7 speed and 8 speed transmissions are available now in some luxury cars and will work their way down to more plebeian rides. All forms of automatic shifting tend to be more durable now than manual shifting units. So, the human operated clutch is just going to get more scarce. I like shifting for myself, but I also know that things change.

Anyway, get your Kizashi. Suzuki needs the business and enthusiasm. I haven't (as I have said before) ruled it out. But for me my next ride will not be easy to choose. There is so much good out there now. And that 2011 Kia Optima not only looks be well-engineered, but it is really pretty in a classy sort of way. I like the looks of the Kizashi too, but find it a bit derivative of the last two iterations of the Jetta. Good direction for them though, as Suzuki is likely to be VW's next takeover, after they finish acquiring Porsche fully. As a manufacturer, VW already has the widest array of brands (VW, Skoda, SEAT, Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti). Suzuki will get them a much better foothold in India.
    edited April 2010
    if I'm not mistaken VW already owns 20% of Suzuki as I type this pup out. So, they're already in like flint.

Yep, VW will take the small kei-class car prowess of Suzuki and it will pay dividends for them wherever people are looking for small values in cars like Suzuki creates.

I just grow fonder and fonder of Suzuki as a carmaker everyday. My old boss is Willcox drives a Tracker, sold by Chevy but made by Suzuki. He said it is rock solid and runs great, it's about 10 years old.

Yeah, after we get moved and I start my new Respiratory Therapy job in Nevada, and have had a chance ta take one of our Edmunds hosts, steve, out for a coffee and cookies, I'll no doubt order me up a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS in 6-speeds and either Platinum Metallic Silver, Vivid Red or White Water Pearl in color.

Oh, one other thing. Did you know that that very Suzuki will only run me about $22,799 before tax and license? Someone over in the Midsize Sedans 2.0 thread was quoting $26,000 and $27,000 prices for Kizashi's over there. Please people, do your homework before spouting out injustices like that. $23,000 is a lot less than $27,000 and it means a lot ta me when car shopping. For goodness sakes.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS

I'm strongly considering getting a white Kizashi, pictured here. Suzuki calls it White Water Pearl. This would be my 3rd white car. I owned a '66 Ford Fairlane in white, and a 1986 Mercury Lynx SW in white. The Lynx SW had red pinstriping, too.

That 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS just rocks in white, man. Crikey, I even like that chrome door moulding going at an angle up from the front to the back! I'm in love again! It's such an exciting feeling!