Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki Kizashi

Comments

• nybillnybill Member Posts: 1
    I have 39K miles now on a 2010 Kizashi 6 speed. I drove the CVT and the 6 speed (2 identical white models), and decided on the six speed. The tradeoff in power on the CVT was too much to bear.

I also was advised by the dealer to pay a few $$ extra to have the "brand new car" treated with this paint sealant they sold to protect it from chipping. The car is also white, so chips are not as obvious. So far no bad chipping.

So far so good with the car in performance as well.

Two complaints however
    1 The fabric wears fast in the back seats (the kids drag car seats in and out)
    2 The S base model tires were crappy and had to be tossed at 2k miles.
  • pshaw05pshaw05 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2011 SE. I also am not a fan of the cvt so I test drove a manual in hopes that it would have a more sporty feel...it did not! It felt like a very cheap ride which was disappointing. I chose the AWD model instead and still don't like the cvt.
  • Just curious...why did you buy the car if you don't like either transmission?
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,948
    My thought exactly...why buy a car you with a tranny you didn't like? Crazy!

The Sandman :confuse: :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    you guys are right, why buy a car with a tranny you're unhappy with? Your credibility is in the pooper now with all of us interested in the Suzuki Kizashi. We don't trust you.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

with the money spent on a new car why would you buy a new car with a tranny you didn't feel comfortable driving? :surprise:

Motor Trend did an article on a long term red car and they seemed to really like it...a nice car that's off most folks radar. It looks to be a little larger compact car which drives a bit smaller. Sat in one at the Hyundai/Suzuki/Mitsu dealership and was quite impressed by the seat comfort and general layout of the dash. Probably should have the wife test one of these also since we'll be there anyways. Another one I like is the Mitsu Outlander Sport...the smaller one. Nice looks with an o k dash but have heard some negative things about the weird radio controls and the less than stellar mpg's. The extra ride height and the ability to just slide right over into the seat are big pluses for me. Will have to drive one to see how it moves.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

edited October 2011
    automatic tranny CVT in gunmetal grey and the car drove like a dream. I was really impressed with the car and may still buy one later.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi

All controls were intuitive and easy to use. The car just flattened bumps like they weren't there. Perhaps that section of Henderson, NV, was pretty flat but I did try and look for bumps just to check and the car did wonderfully.

Steering was precise without being "sticky" and prone to understeer wrought on with the resulting encumbent body throw. I loved the test drive and really didn't want to give the car back to them!

Like I say, I may very well buy one of these one day. Great midsize...oh and by the way-this is a true midsize car-one does feel like they're getting in to a larger car than a compact.

Suzuki should feel proud of theirselves with this car, it is truly the best midsize car. I would call the Ford Fusion a pretty close #2 and if one of those came along that was possessing a price/option package I liked it wouldn't take much to make me bite on one of those, carnuts.

• The Outlander Sport is not rated as well as the Outlander. If you are looking at this size vehicle, at least consider driving a Kia Sportage (or Soul if you want better mileage) or Hyundai Tucson (or Veloster). They are well-styled, well-priced, well-rated, and get better mileage than Mitsubishi. That said, what is the problem with sliding into the Suzuki? The car is solid, quiet and handles really well. Extra ride height usually also means less good handling, so you will be driving more like an old person...braking on corners that really don't need braking, etc. The Kizashi just zips along.
    Do like the Hyundai examples and the dealer is literally across the street where we bought my daughter's Accent. Sitting up high is what I think I want in my next ride with the ability to slide over into the seat due to severe spinal issues. And driving like an "old person", well I am going to be 57 in two weeks so I am pushing it. Ask my kids, I don't drive like an older man according to them as I do have a sort of speeder mentality some of the time. I've always been intoxicated by the movement of a car, since I was a small child literally standing up in the car behind the driver. Something thrilling about the moving forward part. It's very exhilarating, just like a feeling of being high, but high on the speed of the car! Hard to explain really but it's such a rush!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

• leeza2leeza2 Member Posts: 1
    I am a first time Suzuki owner. I bought a 2011 Kizashi based on the reviews. But I am EXTREMELY unhappy about the paint chips!!!!! I thought it was my imagination, until I read other REAL reviews. I can not believe how poor the quality of the paint is. I hand wash the car and every week there are more and more chips. It only has 5k miles and looks worse than any car I have with 100k. I bought a hood protector and never put it on after I realized how bad the bumper looked, why bother! Also I have had the tire pressure sensor light go off 3 times within the first 5k miles-anyone else having this problem???
  • nace818nace818 Member Posts: 140
    Just a word precaution, if you use the car washes wit the pressure wands, don't hold it too close to a chipped spot. Yhe paint will flake right off, then you'll have a large black paintless spot. I had the bumper repainted on my Verona just to have it flake off afain. Also everytime I washed it, I found a new ding. So it also easily dented.
  • skinnypopskinnypop Member Posts: 4
    I am also a 1st time suzuki owner. I purchased the Black Kizashi, and have had it for about 4 months now. I have 7500 miles on it and have traveled gravel roads through the mountains of NC. I have no paint chips yet. I did have the tire pressure sensor go off while I was in the mountains. (just came back from a week's vacation up there). On my final morning there, the tire pressure warning went off. I checked the pressure on all 4 tires and they all read 36. Recommended pressure is 38. A little sunshine and about 30 miles and the warning went away. I was thinking that it was a combination of air pressure and cold that set it off. Seemed weird to me, but I still like the car. :)
  • edbearnzedbearnz Member Posts: 6
    I researched for 6wks before choosing the Suzuki Kizashi, I got what is called the Limited model over here in NZ. I compared specs, road tests and reports and drove several cars myself before deciding the Kizashi was the best value for money.

I compared the new Hyundai Sonata, (or i45 over here), the Honda Accord Euro, the VW Passat, the new European Ford Mondeo among others. My criteria was it had to be comfortable for my broken back, being new it had to be the latest technology, and it had to match the fuel economy of our Nissan Pulsar SLX which was a 1600cc auto sedan.

I sum up the Kizashi thus... It looks fantastic in our Prussian Blue and is the envy of everyone I know, especially the neighbours. It has all the bells and whistles you can think of and some you didn't, it goes like a V6, drinks like a small four and if you need more performance you need a V8!

It handles more like our Miata than a sedan has a right to and while the ride is more sporty than luxo it remains controlled and accurate at any speed on any road, something the others can only dream about!

The engine may not be quite as refined as a Honda but it is smooth and powerful, extremely quiet at cruising speed, rorty under hard acceleration and I can achieve over 30mpgUS on a trip with ease.

It took a wee while to get used to the CVT transmission but now I find it odd to drive an automatic and hear and feel it changing gears, I'm used to, and prefer, the absolute smoothness of the CVT. It is tuned for economy and quickly rises to the highest ratio which means the revs drop to 1200rpm which is disconcerting at first until you realise you are still accelerating! It has so much torque you just don't need to rev it and 60mph is only about 1800rpm!

The manual mode is fun and the paddle-shifters easy to use and for maximum acceleration locking it in the ratio's mimimises the slippage of the CVT. However if you modulate the throttle, you can get very satisfying acceleration in drive. I have no doubt it will easily attain its stated top speed of 125mph, as 100mph is a piece of cake and it could easily cruise all day at 80-90mph should you have the conditions to do so.

Wind noise is the best of all and teh only gripe I have is that teh Yokohama 235 x 18's it comes with are a bit noisy on New Zealands coarse chip seal. When they eventually wear out, I'll look for a tyre more suited. On the smoother tarmac they are silent.

One would have to spend at least double the NZ$40k, ($32kUSD), it cost me to get anything to match or possibly better it. We both love it and love driving it! :)
    edited November 2011
    I test drove a '10 Suzuki Kizashi and fell in love with it, too. Negotiations trading in our '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS went sour at the dealer I test drove at or we'd now be driving a red '10 Suzuki Kizashi in 6-speed manual transmission form.

Your report only further confirms what I learned during my test drive in April 2010. This is one awesome smallish midsize car from Suzuki! Feel free to pop in with frequent updates on your Kizashi.

2011 Suzuki Kizashi in "that" red

I still may own one of these cars one day. Chances are actually pretty good! ;)

• rcopa1rcopa1 Member Posts: 24
    edited November 2011
    I am not crazy about the transmission and still bought the car. The positives out weigh this one negative. The groaning the transmisson makes is annoying. But with the radio on it's muted a bit. I have had my 2011 SE white car for about 7 months and have had no issues with paint or chipping. Have had no problems period. I love this car, it's a fun to drive and handles great. I only wish it came with an XM radio unit. $550 is a lot to pay for something many cars have as standard equipment. Even the Soul Kia has XM at little or no cost for the unit.
    What's an XM radio? Forgive my ignorance, here...
    It's satilite radio. Suzuki charges $550 for the reciever.
  • maranelloguymaranelloguy Member Posts: 4
    Hi, remember me in post # 102? Well, I ended up purchasing the very 2011 Kisashi Sport GTS I test drove. Funny thing about the whole purchase thing is that when I originally test drove it at my local dealer, I figured it would still be there at least two weeks out (when I was intending on making my move). It turned out it was was not, so my wife and I scanned a 100 mile radius from us for the same year, color and trim, and a dealer some two hrs away had one in inventory. We made arrangements to go look at and knew we were more than likely going to buy it. As I test drove it and looked at it in detail, it seems odly familiar to me. On a hunch, I asked the salesman if they had taken in this particular car on a "dealer swap", he had no idea. I looked closely at the window sticker, and right there in bold letters it indicated the original dealer delivery! (my local dealer!) I drove 100 miles round trip for the very car I could have purchased 10 miles away! We've had it for almost three weeks now, and love it. What they say about the quality of meterials is non an understatement. The steering feels solid and accurate. Comfort is as good as any european sedan, and the ergonomics of the dash layout are just where you'd expect them. Most all functions are easy to operate, and it feels roomy for a car in this class range. Only complaint perhaps would be the rear seat belt latching - if you have a wide booster seat for your kids, it takes a little wrestling to buckle your little ones. Fot the money though, it's a darn good buy.
    Suzuki really out-did theirselves on this one. A great bargain, good-looking and fun to drive, and worth every penny. Like I say, I may own one some day!

• knewbieknewbie Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2011
    I owned Suzuki Kizashi 2010 SLS and I am VERY VERY happy with it, I don't have any paint issue, Thank GOD, what I am trying to say , I don't think Paint issue is only with Kizashi, today while I was driving to work, I saw Mazda 323 and another one Nissan Altima paint stripping out all over front bumper.
  • knewbieknewbie Member Posts: 6
    I owned 2010 SLS very happy with it, best driving experience I ever had with any car, Brake, style, handling are awsome, if you test one you will on hook. Suzuki Kizashi is best kept secret mid size car.
    I agree with teh child seat issue as when we took our grandson and the wee chld of a friend there was very little room for our adult daughter in the back seat. She was squashed. However for four adults it is very comfortable with plenty of room and the kind of ride that saw my Bro-in-law and daughter comment how good it was on our last long trip.

It keeps showing just how good a job Suzuki did on the chassis and suspension, getting it right from the outset.

Being leather the seats in our model may be more durable than the fabric, but Suzuki NZ offers seat covers in hard-wearing Ngauyahide as an optional extra.

Now that I am very familiar with the car, the CVT is fine and though it may lose out a bit to the manual, I never find myself wishing for more power, it really hauls when you ask it to!
    Couldn't agree more! The more I drive it the better I like it!
  • rktbrkrrktbrkr Member Posts: 15
    1 Resale value, they're selling fewer than 1K/mo and local dealers have very few in stock.
    2 Parts availabilty and price, I don't want to be buying all my parts thru the dealer with huge markups
    3 Limited dealer network
    4 Unknown reliability, and generic warrantee (no Hundai/Kia 100K confidence builder).

Suzuki has been in the US market for decades, makes good products across the board but hasn't developed an image/reputation and their sales (and mitsu) have tanked as much as GMs (-75%) so there is a risk that these could be "orphans" with dismal resale vals.

I'm going to take a rest drive today and the dealer will have to offer me a VERY good price to take on a share of the risks of ownership. (It's yearend and optimum buyer neg time). It offers a decent mix of performance and MPG (for AWD) and it sounds like it handles nice (nothing local to test drive).The only real comp is sub which has underpowered the new Impreza to boost the MPG and it sounds like there are waits for Imprezas.

Also waiting to hear back from a Kia dealer about a stripped Optima turbo. The Optima turbo sounds like the perfect combo of power and fuel economy but the dealers pack options on a low 20s car until it is high 20s and I ain't gonna play that game (3K pinstripe pkg, kiss my [non-permissible content removed]!)
    Its not my problem but Suzuki is really missing the boat not federalizing their little 3 cyl pickup vehs and selling them in NA. They are the perfect economic little tool avial in a variety of models and they'd sell like hotcakes here and give Suzuki some visibility.

Marketers are already bringing in slow and med speed versions of these vehicles and people are licensing golf carts for local streets.

They can be made every bit as safe as those Fiat 500s that are languihing on the lots here
    I agree with all of your concerns except the warranty. The Kizashi has a 7 year/ 100,000 mile warranty which is comparable to Hundia/Kia. As far as your other concerns I understand and if you want a car that has good resale vaule and boring then a Camary or Accord would probably fit the bill. If you want something unique, fun to drive, and an outstanding value then you should consider the Kizashi. Aside from it being a great "little" car I love that it's somewhat exclusive. I've owned Ford's, Mercury's, Honda's, Toyota's, and Isuzu's and i have been stopped by people asking me about this car more then all those others combined.
    edited January 2012
    If you want something unique, fun to drive, and an outstanding value then you should consider the Kizashi. Aside from it being a great "little" car I love that it's somewhat exclusive. I've owned Ford's, Mercury's, Honda's, Toyota's, and Isuzu's and i have been stopped by people asking me about this car more then all those others combined

I test drove a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi and loved it. It's when I went into negotiations to buy a 6-speed manual one in red that things didn't work out. I pushed a little too hard to get a great deal...I thought that Suzuki's bad sales state would help me, but it didn't. So I walked out.

And just kept the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, which I love...probably more than the Kizashi, but I may one day buy a Suzuki Kizashi. Love it!

• Both Mitusbishi and Suzuki have become such small niche players that they are unlikely to survive in the US market. Not one of the Suzuki models sells well, and the lack of dealers is no small part of it. So many dealers have left the fold in the past few years. Unless Suzuki shuts up and plays nicer with VW, the writing is on the wall...and even then, it is probably bye bye. Their entire US sales barely equals the dismal sales of the Fiat 500. There are several brands that do well elsewhere in the world (Suzuki is one of them), but are unable to compete in the US market.
  • wasis101wasis101 Member Posts: 2
    I am really interested in purchasing a 2012. I have read many reviews via forums. I am undecided at this point but need to make a decision soon.
    I've owned two Suzukis in the past, a Verona and an SX4 and I really liked them both. I only had two drawbacks to them . One was that they easily dinged and paint chipped really easily. Also if you need a part even as commonan oil filter, don't expect to find it in stock at Auto Zone or any auto parts stores. It will have to bew ordered. If you are unfortunate to have a fender bender as I did on the SX4, it took 2 1/2 months in the shop waiting for the parts. I really like the Kisashi but the dealer in my town closed and the closest one is about 50 miles away, another deal breaker for me.
  • wasis101wasis101 Member Posts: 2
    I was told that the paint issues were resolved on the 2012s and that paint issues on the older models were with the grill paint. What year was your SX4?
    I am very happy with our 2011 Kizashi Ltd. model. It is the best car I have ever owned or driven in my 40+ years on the road.

It has just had its 10,000m service which was pleasantly cheap, I was expecting a bigger bill!
    I have had no issues at all apart from the fact that if one is not too careful getting out the front passenger door, you can pull the rubber out of it's plugs. Easy to pop back in of course but really if that's my only gripe, what more can I say?

It goes like a V6, drinks like a small four, handles like a sports car with the best suspension and brakes you can get under $80,000! If you can't get comfortable in this car you won't be comfortable in any car!

I have grown to love the CVT transmission and there is plenty of performance whenever you want it. The engine may be down a couple of horsepower compared to the others, but it has so much torque you can accelerate up any hill, or easily pass slower trafiic without being on the wrong side of the road for very long at all! It's only turning over at 2000rpm at 60mph and it is torque, not HP that counts on the road.

Having said that, if you really need or want more power than this car puts out you need a V8! It is a fast car when you want it to be and I have no doubt it will easily attain its stated top speed of 125mph in CVT form or more as a manual. 90mph is a breeze and relaxed cruising if you have the roads to do it.

It does well as a station wagon with the large trunk and split-folding back seat, you'd be amazed at what you can fit into it when necessary!

It really is in a class of its own in the medium segment as Suzuki first got the chassis right then added all the fruit to it. The competition simply took their existing cars and added more fruit and it is in the suspension and brakes that Suzuki really show them up. Even Hyundai, which was my second choice, along with its Kia stablemate, loses out to the Suzuki in chasis performance although a wee big bigger in the back seat area and softer to ride in around town. Once out on the open road and off the smooth highways, they lose suspension damping control and get uncomfortable and floaty in the back, whereas it doesn't matter what the road or conditions, the Kizashi remains well damped and controlled and very comfortable to drive, (especially for back seat passengers), with very low wind noise, lower than most others in any class.

I researched for six weeks before choosing the Kizashi and included Japanese, Korean and European cars in my comparisons. Now I am convinced I made the right choice and it even looks great!
    My SX4 was an '09. With the local dealer closing after I bought it, I would have had to drive about 50 miles for service. I changed the oil myself rather than drive to the larger dealer in Baton Rouge. I just wouldn't want to have to do that with a new Kizashi.
    We are spoilt over here, as Suzuki is a major player in the market and we have dealers pretty much anywhere you need them.
    An all-new model for 2011, the Suzuki Kizashi slims down to a single configuration for 2012. The front-wheel drive and manual transmission previously available have been discontinued.

Given the sales levels they slimmed down the transmission offerings, the FWD version was lost in a sea of competition, the AWD sedan has some relative advantages against Subaru and much more expensive AWD choices.

This low snow winter in the northeast and midwest has to be impacting AWD sales
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2012
    It was all new for 2010. This is its third year out. Suzuki lists 14 Kizashi trim levels for 2012, including manual transmission and FWD models. As for its advantages against Subaru (Legacy), they are pretty evenly matched in terms of AWD, power, and gas mileage. The Subaru may be a tad slower, but mpg will be a tad better than the Suzuki. The Legacy is a bit longer and roomier. The Kizashi splits the difference between the Legacy and all new Impreza sedan. For most people, the Subaru is the better bet: many more dealers and better resale value. I'd say the Kizashi is better looking, and perhaps a better handler, but when you have to drive over 100 miles to the nearest dealer, then Subaru is the choice.
    The AWD only info was posted here on Edmunds. IMO the name is a killer sounds like a Japanese disease. I think it would sell well rebranded and sold as a Kia, GM etc but the dealer network is another killer, they should have been able to pick up a lot of disenfranchised GM dealers but I guess they didn't!
  • No, instead they closed dealers in 2010 like it was the end of the world. It was a stupid idea to consolidate dealers in order to move more units per dealer. You need to have dealers close by, or people won't buy. Here in WI, they closed every Suzuki dealer in the northeast quadrant of the state. Sales plunged in that area. It didn't take a rocket surgeon to predict that.

I loved my loaded SX4, but am just as glad to be rid of it. This company is in deep trouble with its US arm. And now the Kizashi is already in its third year. No powertrain changes, no significant updates of any sort. Kizashi was a decent entry in 2010. Today, it is not keeping up with the competition. Where are they going to get the funds to renew this model in the next two years?
    The US sales levels don't justify updating the models, only about ^K annually for Kizashi, I don't know their total global sales.

Total US sales of all autos is about 25K only one quarter of what they were selling a few years ago (mostly rebranded thru GM). Amazing they didn't sign up a lot of GM dealers who lost GM dead brand franchises.

I think their products are fine, esp Kizahi, but they can't continue with this dealer network.
  • kizashiownerkizashiowner Member Posts: 2
    After 4 month of none stop research and test drive others , I bought the SLS AWD Sport 2012 in Black Metallic. drove 100 miles in the highway and WOW 35 MPG, didn't expect that as it is listed 29MPG. love the design turning so many heads already, interior Audi quality, they didn't spare any details, check out the quality of every part used in the car from the break to the tires to the leather all the way to the engine amazing quality. Best of all I don't feel I am a part of the herd, the AWD and the tire makes me corner with joy, be careful as you drive thinking you are doing 55 but you are at 85 smooth and quiet, amazing quality, perfect design. Love it.
    indeed, I test drove one in April 2010, yes, the original U.S. Suzuki Kizashi for sale in the States, and the automatic CVT did not disappoint. I wanted a red 6-speed standard transmission Kizashi, went in to negotiations but didn't get the deal I wanted. When I look back the dealer was just trying to make a bit more of a profit, for the amount of beautiful car I was getting we both would've walked away winners and happy at the same time. But I ended up walking away with our '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, and I still love our Lancer GTS, so that is cool.

But wow, I loved that Kizashi and would not hesitate later to buy one. You're right, smooth driving experience, quiet in the cabin and solid build quality. I figured I needed to buy the red Kizashi, this car is amazing.

So there ya go, kizashiowner, ya done good! If you don't mind please come on back here and week-ta-week or month-ta-month give us your Kizashi update as far as the driving exerience goes, fuel economy, dealership experience, etc. That way us Kizashi droolers can get our fill about what we're missing, OK? :P

• kizashiownerkizashiowner Member Posts: 2
    The car has been great so far, true fun to drive. There is active community kizashiclub check it out as there are so much information from Kizashi owners.
    excellent tip. Thanks! I'll check it out.

Subaru per Consumer Reports, they don't even review Suzuki - not enough volume. All 6 Subaru models come highly rated. A steep hill for Suzuki to climb. If you can find a discounted lease that shifts the risk of Suzuki leaving the market to the factory but it doesn't look like they do much lease discounting.

I think the Impreza is underpowered but with $4 gas approaching a slightly underpowered Subaru that gets 10MPG more than the Kizashi might be the better deal. Feb Suzuki sales will be out in a week. Stay tuned, I think they are going to do an Isuzu unless they get GM to rebadge some of their vehicles.
  • maranelloguymaranelloguy Member Posts: 4
    The warranty is actually 3 yrs/ 36,000. The 7 yr / 100K you're referring to is for the powertrain only.
  • wolfie_cwolfie_c Member Posts: 1
    Here in Canada Suzuki needs to offer better warranties to match brands like Kia, Hyundai and Mitsubishi. Just bought a Suzuki Kizashi SX AWD and am loving it. Now since 1995 I have only owned Suzuki and presently am keeping my Aerio that has 267,000 Kilometres. It has absolutely no rust and really i have spent far lesson it than owners of other equivalent brands who also have to contend with rust buckets as well. the following repairs were required on the Aerio. Transfer Case seal replacement within warranty period. Then cooling tensioner with belt @ 165,000 Km. All the hoses near the 195,000 Km. Finally the front ball-joints with arms at the 255,000 Km. Total of these repairs about a $1000 spread-over 10 years. The battery was changed once, front brake pads and discs 3 times averaging close to 100,000 Km per set and also recently the rear drums and shoes. Hopefully the Kizashi will keep up the good times I have had with Suzuki brands. By the way I did test drive the Altima, Optima, Sonata, Accord, Camry, Fusion and Subaru Legacy as I thought of getting away from Suzuki. However, the Kizashi was the most comfortable and enjoyable to drive.
  • chuck1chuck1 Member Posts: 1,405
    I test drove a Kizashi as well and was impressed. I could have saved a good $6,000.00 by purchasing one instead of the Subaru Legacy I ended up buying. Suzuki in the U.S. (not sure about Canada) has a .4% market share. I think they sold like 6,000 cars last year. The Camry sells thT many in a week for comparison sake.

There isn't any car company that will will continue to float their U.S. operations selling that many cars.

That's why I did not buy one.
    If the leasing rates reflected the low sales price the car commands then I'd lease it because it takes away the time bomb of the used car price plunging when they announce Suzuki is leaving US market. Fine car but the savings on the purchase will be erased on the resale. Maybe buy it AFTER they announce bye bye to north america
  • wickensboywickensboy Member Posts: 4
    Two year old 2011 Kizashi 35000 Km. Many paint chips, one is over 10 mm in size. Suzuki to date has done nothing for me. On last service visit was told I need new tires??? already. What a joke! 35000 km in 2 years is in my opinion very low use and this is totally unacceptable! wear.