Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Kizashi

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,663
    edited April 2010
    lookie what I found, man.

2010 Kizashi
    Trim:GTS
    Color:Vivid Red
    Drivetrain:FWD
    Transmission:MT

West Valley Suzuki
    3146 West 3500 South
    West Valley City, UT 84119
    801-967-9696
    E-mail Suggested Starting Price: $22,849*
    Get a Quote
    Click here for a map
    Distance: 199.0 miles

That is the closer one ta Elko, NV, where we're moving in a few weeks. Then there's this one.

2010 Kizashi
    Trim:GTS
    Color:Vivid Red
    Drivetrain:FWD
    Transmission:MT

Doug Smith Suzuki
    501 W Main St
    American Fork, UT 84003
    801-492-1110
    E-mail Suggested Starting Price: $22,849*
    Get a Quote
    Click here for a map
    Distance: 209.9 miles

Those distances are like a spit in to the wind in Nevada. Note that they're both Vivid Red (my current front-running color for a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS or a 2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS...I'd pay $22,849 for either of them) and they're both manual trannies. ;)

WHOO-HOO!

I just sent for a "quick-quote" to three dealers. Let's see who wants ta sell me a car the most. :P

BTW-one can't get a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS in White Water Pearl. It's apparently against Suzuki's rules. I just built my 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS just the way I want it on Suzuki's USA website. And the White Water Pearl color can't be chosen. Just the color I want, Vivid Red, Platinum Silver Metallic, Black Pearl Metallic and Azure Grey Metallic.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• I have had my SLS AWD Kizashi for less that 2 months and this is what has happened...
    imageimage

And there is even more damage than that. The Rockford Fosgate system is great BUT there is a Technical Service Bulletin out right now that says the amp is defective. My sound goes up and down randomly. That's another problem, the Technical Service Bulletin's are almost impossible to get if you're not the dealer. Satellite radio does not come standard...the button is there...but the system is more money (and quite a bit more) Besides these issues, it is a great car. I'm a geek and love the USB port and bluetooth. It would've been a perfect car except for these problems. Suzuki says it's not a "known issue" and will do nothing about the paint. Just saying...make sure to check the paint before you buy it. I know I wouldn't have bought the car if I knew this stuff. I told Suzuki my only retribution was to inform the public. They're not standing behing their work.
    edited April 2010
    wow, that is indeed upsetting. Sorry to hear of this bad news about the paint you experienced with your Kizashi. Can you re-post the bad news about the Rockford Fosgate stereo? It doesn't show up in the above post because your picture is a tad too big. Hope you get better support from your Suzuki dealer in the near future.

I have decided to just sit tight and enjoy our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. It has everything my wife and I need and I really love it's bodystyle more than the 2010-2011 Suzuki Kizashi's bodystyle.

I do think that engineering-wise the new Kizashi for 2010 and the 2011 Kizashi Sport will stand the test of time and be safe, reliable, beautiful cars to own and operate.

I remain very interested and the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi is my 2nd favorite rig on the market right now. :D

• The honeymoon period is over for me. Since the paint chip issue emerged for some Kizashi owners, I have stopped recommending the Kizashi to anyone. I was one of the Kizashi's biggest fans, posting incredibly positive reviews at edmunds.com, cars.com, vehix.com, kbb.com, etc. I will no longer be comparing it to my beloved C-Class Mercedes. Mercedes customer service (or Audi or Acura) would be doing back flips to get any and all new car issues corrected to the customer's satisfaction. Now, I realize that Suzuki is just a budget car company....and that this might be like comparing apples to green beans...but still, Suzuki has everything riding on Kizashi's success. Common sense would dictate that Suzuki would be more pro-active in making Kizashi owners just a little bit more happy than it has thus far.

Suzuki corporate culture must be identical to Toyota. Ignore all problems at all costs. Customers are always wrong. Oh, the arrogance! If Suzuki ever plans to play with the big boys in the US, it had better get its act together in regards to customer service. Word gets around very fast if customers are treated well, or otherwise.
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,419
    I think Toyota, if slow with initial response to unintended acceleration, has been bending over backwards trying to address the many problems that have surfaced. The Lexus model for example, was immediately pulled off the market, and a fix is already in place. When Consumer Reports slammed an earlier Suzuki model, Suzuki did nothing to modify the vehicle. Although I like the Kizashi, there are good reasons that Suzuki isn't even an also-ran here in the United States. My SX4 also appears to have paint that does not hold up well on the hood and frontal area.
  • prigglypriggly Posts: 643
    Suzuki is a bit player in the North American car industry, at most. Notwithstanding the salutary features of the Kizashi and in additional consideration of the crappy paint on the car, the non-existent dealer network for this brand easily relegates it to the status of an also-ran. Too bad. I had an initial interest in the Kizashi but upon learning of the cheapness of the car, as exemplified by the paint, and the very poor dealer network, I came to my senses.
    edited May 2010
    Auto Pacific's 2010 Customer Satisfaction award, along with the Lincloln MKT. I still love this car and if I didn't love our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS so much I may have and drive a Kizashi as I type this post out. Great news for Suzuki and their dealership experience is now mid-pack among carmakers.

This is indeed good news for Suzuki, as the brand has been facing dealership service issues in recent years. In the latest J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI), an annual measure of dealer service performance over three years of ownership, the automaker ranked at the bottom, among all brands. But Suzuki has made gains in Power's Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) and now ranks mid-pack—an indicator that the automaker has made some substantial changes at the dealership level.

The 2010 Lincoln MKT was the highest-rated vehicle among trucks and SUVs in AutoPacific's annual satisfaction measure.

Vehicles are rated in 48 different categories that pertain to various areas of the ownership experience, and overall results are based on the research firm's polling of more than 42,000 new-vehicle owners during the first few months of ownership.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/marty-blog/1045370_2010-suzuki-kizashi-lincoln-m- kt-top-satisfaction-ratings

• mikey63mikey63 Posts: 1
    We purchased our 2010 Kizashi in February with the assurance Suzuki is making a big sales effort in the U.S.. Not true! They are actually pulling back and now, at least in Mass., it's difficult to get to a dealer for service. And there already two recalls. They have let us down with no support. The Fosgate radio has static on most stations. And has been mentioned in other entries, the paint chips easily.
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/2010/07/09/test-drive-2011-suzuki-kizashi.htm

The car is a loser for a number of reasons including this damnable CVT!

Get yourself a car with a discreet geared conventional transmission while you still can before the fun of driving is totally sacrificed upon the politically correct altar of fossil fuel conservation and "saving the environment."

Just ask Al Gore. He recently bought himself a mansion on the shore of a California beach before "global warming" covered it with water! Now, if ol' Al really believed the beach was going to disappear in a glacier-melted calamity, as he staunchly proclaims and upon which claims he has realized a very large fortune, do you really think he would have bought that mansion??!

http://www.examiner.com/entertainment-editor-in-national/more-inconvenient-truth- -of-hip-al-gore-ex-vp-buys-9m-mansion-on-socal-coast

Such elitist hypocrites have a high old time while we peons are forced to endure inferior cars such as this one with second-rate technology.
    edited August 2010
    I have compared most of the current mid-size (non-luxury) cars. I was prepared to hate the Kizashi, but in the end, it was the one I preferred over the Sonata, Fusion, Camry, Mazda6 and Altima.

BTW, both the Altima and Kizashi work very well with the CVT. I remember back in the late 80s driving a CVT Volvo in the Netherlands, and while it amused me the way the engine went immediately to wound up and stayed there, I suspect it would have gotten very old very fast had I owned one. They are much different now, and if you are driving normally (not using all the power), it is no longer even noticeable that the Nissan or Kizashi use a CVT. And stick shifts are still available if you want.

I doubt there is any utility in debating the issues of global warming and Al Gore on a thread about the KIzashi, even if it was relevant. I don't care if you are PC or not, but I want good mileage and I know that as soon as the economy picks up (if it ever does again), gasoline costs will skyrocket.

The BRIC countries such as India and China and Russia are not going to use less petroleum when we again start to use more. China is already the world's largest car market and will soon enough be the world's largest economy. At least Brazil has sorted out a way to provide fuel for itself that does not rely on shale and fracking and deep water drilling for what everyone can agree is a limited resource (even if we cannot agree on how limited). But I digress.

The article from Canada was mostly complimentary. Overall, the car is better than one has a right to expect, and the way it felt right driving it was a surprise to me.

The larger issue though is Suzuki in the USA, and whether it has any relevance to our shores. This is a very successful company in Asia, but is gaining no traction here. It is not because the Kizashi cannot compete, but rather because the parent company has made so many bad moves over the past many years here, that it is difficult at this point to get people to even look at them.
  • The utter lack of discussion about such a new car doesn't bode well for its success. Do people even know this car exists?
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,893
    The Suzuki dealer closest to me closed down this spring. I see very few of these on the road but do have one in someones driveway about 8 houses down the street from me. I still like it's looks but just am not interested in talking about it much.
    edited December 2010
    and loved the test drive. Very smooth and solid driving dynamics and great handling in the turns for a midsize car. But when I went to trade in my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, the Henderson, NV, dealership wouldn't agree to my terms.

So I walked. Without my driver's license! I realized about 10 minutes after negotiations while driving around south of Las Vegas that my driver's license was missing. What dolts!

I'm sure they knew I needed that when I left. I got it back and headed for the Strip in Lost Wages to see it for the first time. Blew me away completely!

So I almost bought one of them. I still like them and would consider buying one one day, but that dealership experience was less than stellar. :sick:

edited December 2010
    I would not touch a Suzuki, ANY Suzuki with a ten foot pole.

I have not driven the Kiazshi but I did drive the new Outlander Sport (RVR in Canada. Although it has some good features, 8.5" of ground clearance, xenon low-beams, a Rockford Fosgate audio, AWD, etc. the absolutely HORRIBLE CVT (noisy, slow) and the grossly underpowered motor absolutely kill the car. Either feature by itself would have been a disaster, the two together are downright LETHAL!

The car takes 12 seconds to get to 60 mph and does it with a racket that rivals a 747!

I asked them about why their engineers chose this awful combination of power train and was advised it was for "fuel economy" and a very marginal improvement at that. I'd sooner walk!

This whole fuel economy mania, driven by hysterical radical environmentalists which no populate Hussein's government, has gone way, way too far. The whole issue is overblown and yet another example of an out-of-control nanny state forcing us into what they deem is good for us.

Suzuki, a bit automotive player at best, truly snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory with this one! A total disaster.
    edited December 2010
    I do not understand. You have many posts on here that represent an absolute love fest for the Kizashi. Now, you drive something other than a Kizashi and a Suzuki (we have a Mitsubishi Outlander here, but apparently you have found a "Suzuki" Outlander), and decide from that that all of Suzuki is trash. And then you go into some environmental argument that has no business on this thread, and here you really lost me (and as to what is overblown, how is it that you know this so well?...just askin', not wanting to argue). Really, is there something we can tell you about the Kizashi that will help?

Oops, sorry, my bad. I thought your were ilovemysephia. HE is the Kizashi love fest. You are priggly, the guy who would rather stir the pot and beg to differ, no matter what the subject. Nice to see you again!
  • gregg vw, and you own and operate a Suzuki SX-4 and like the car, right? Yeah, I loved my test drive of the Kizashi and think that Suzuki did a great job with the car.

I don't know how to translate priggly's rant very well. Please come back and elaborate on the subject, priggly.

• tigerbangs54tigerbangs54 Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    I recently picked up a 2010 Kizashi SE AWD, the last 2010 that the dealer had, for $19,600: frankly, I defy anyone to come up with a better package for that kind of money. The car is built like a Swiss watch, is comfortable and has a ton of features that are extra or otherwise unavailable at anywhere near the price on other comparable cars.
  • congratulations! I, too, enjoyed the test drive of the 2010 Suzuki Kizashi and almost dealt for one. Came up a tad short, but I still love the car and I would certainly entertain buying one at a later date. Feel free ta stick around and offer up your thoughts and feelings in here on your Kizashi experience of ownership!

• OK, what exactly is Priggly's major malfunction? He hasn't driven a Kizashi, and is ranting about Al Gore: did his lithium prescription expire? What exactly is the point about this ranting, anyway?
    No worries. He can't help it...it is the way he is wired. ;-)

On another note: I wish Suzuki was working on some engine/transmission choices for the Kizashi. It is a very competitive car though.