Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Kizashi

Comments

• zombrazombra Posts: 1
    same thing with my kisashi, I think we are not the only one, my suggestion will be to get all kisashi owners and make a colective sued to them, Cause I will not let this thing pass, I pay 28G for a car that has a thinner pain than my bicycle. Let me now if you like my plan.
  • Six inches of the white stuff this AM: the wife didn't even want to try to get her car out of the driveway this morning, so I let her take the Kizashi to work. She called me to tell me that the car is a real winter weasel: didn't slip once, and she saw at least 3 accidents on the road between our house and work. I have this sneaky suspicion that I may have to surrender the Kizashi to my better half after this. I wonder if we can become a two-Kizashi family?
  • nace818nace818 Posts: 140
    edited February 2011
    I've owned two Suzukis in the past, a Verona and an SX4 Sport. I loved both cars other than the fact that both had more dings and paint chips than any other car I have ever owned. I don't know why, thinner guage steel panels maybe and cheap paint? I remember once my neighbor just leaned on the hood with his chin in is hands and elbows on the hood and there were his two elbow prints when he left. (Not a big guy either). They just ding and chip too easily more than any other car I've owned. What's up with that??
  • rcopa1rcopa1 Posts: 24
    Guess it's quite here because no one is having any issues. My Kizashi runs great and i like it more each day. This is an all around great car.
    As I said, I loved both of my Suzuki's, but the Kizashi has been out about two years now I guess, and I have yet not seen one on the road. I live in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge area. What's the deal? They are fine looking cars and get great reviews.
  • I bought a 2011 suzuki kizashi 3 days ago and I am upset with the paint. It was a demo car with 4700 miles on it. As I was getting ready to get in it and leave I decided to do a final inspection and noticed paint chips all over the hood and front bumper, mirrors, and even some on the sides. I purchased a demo car with a few miles but did not expect to have the paint chips already. After reading these forums I have noticed it is a problem with the paint. The dealership promised to fix the chips and buff it out afterwards but I truly believe that it is just a temporary fix to a problem that suzuki is not wanting to admit to.... I am going to contact suzuki and I hope that everyone else with the same problem will do the same.......
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,415
    I suspect it is where and how your car had been driven. While there have been some complaints here about paint, we humans are set up to look for confirmation of our suspicions--and to ignore evidence to the contrary. Here's some: I had my 2008 SX4 for over three years and 33,000 miles, driving it summer and winter in both urban and rural areas, over all sorts of road surfaces. Not one obvious paint chip when I traded it. Never used touch up paint, and that was the first car in a long time I could say that about. Let them repair your chips and enjoy the car.
  • boosuzukiboosuzuki Posts: 3
    I just had my 2010 Azure Grey Kizashi painted for the second time. It turned out great (they even took out a door ding just to be nice) but it was quite a fight to get it done. My rep told me they know there is a problem with the 2010 Grey and Red colors. He said he even had a red one and realized his has chipping pretty bad. Mine were all over the place...where it wouldn't matter how I drove it... (such as the bumper) I haven't even taken it out still on a dirt road because I'm scared :( It has been a huge headache but the car is SO worth it and I definitly have to give props to Suzuki. Every time I have called them, things have gotten done quickly and they always call to see how everything went. I would definitly just call them and express your concerns, take pictures, and watch posting like this to see if anyone else is having problems with the 2011. It helped get my car repainted when I could show the rep that others have had the same problem and that Suzuki DOES know about it. Good luck and besides the paint issues, the car rocks, have fun!
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,675
    is your Suzuki Kizashi an automatic or stick shift? I love this car and may buy one in a couple of years. I really don't expect Suzuki to leave the U.S. car market.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• Well it has been 1 year now since I purchased my Kizashi AWD ( Black ) and I have very mixed feelings about this car. Since day 1 I have had a big issue with the paint chipping. The first day I owned the car, I noticed several paint chips on the doors and hood. Suzuki did look at the problem for me , however I was told that’s life!!, and they offered me free mud flaps to prevent they tires from kicking up stones. It is very convenient of Suziki to blame the stone chips on my driving habits, but I have never seen a car chip this easily in my life. My previous car ( Pontiac - G5 also Black ) had only 2 chips stone chips on the hood after 4 years and 70,000 Km. Now after only 1 year and 16,000 Km, I have counted no less than 10 chips in various locations ( Doors, Hood, Roof ) Needless to say, I am very disappointed with the quality of the paint on this car. Because the paint is so important to the appearance and longevity of automobiles I can only offer future Suzuki customers an honest warning.

Beware of the Paint Chips Issues with the Kizashi, in most cases Suzuki is not standing behind their product and you will be totally on your own. :mad:

Based on my first experience with Suzuki, I will say it will also be my last!!!!
    That being said the cars performance has been good and if it wasn't for the paint issues I would be very satisfied.
    Check for dings also. I've never a car that dinged so easily and I've owned quite a few cars in my lifetime. Seems everytime I washed it I would find a new little dent. None of my other cars had this many dings.
  • firebotfirebot Posts: 1
    boosuzuki, can you tell me how you got Suzuki to paint your car?? My 2010 black Kizashi looks very bad!! Love how it drives though.
  • Repainting of my 2010 kizashi just been approved within 3 days of contacting dealership.
    They going to need the car for 2 weeks, I complained about to many stone chips appearing on sides, yet my swift that drives on same roads got none at all, both have factory mudflaps fitted.
    Thankyou Suzuki New Zealand for such a rapid response to my complaint.
  • Looking at a new Kizashi and readd about lots of paint chip problems with 2010 models and a few 2011 models. I drove a 2011 SE recently (white) and it drove great! Nice interior with soft touch materials, comfortable seats and quiet cabin. This was an automatic, and not sure I like the CVT transmission. Perhaps you just need to get used to the CVT, with no real shift points, but just a continuous power band. Would like to try a 6 speed manual, but those seem to be pretty rare (at least in Maryland). Wondering if anyone has a manual transmission and could comment on that powertrain.

Additionally, have the Kizashi's been reliable and if not, have the dealers been able to fix the problems easily?

Any comments and advice would be appreciated.

Bel Air Car Guy.
  • Hi all,

I purchased my new Kazashi at the end of June. A black 2011 Kazashi Sport GTS with the 6 speed manual transmission. At this point, I have not found any paint chips and I have almost 6000 miles on it. 1st oil change was at 5000 miles and all looked fine. I will say that the plastic base that contains the seat cushions for the front passenger seat has a broken plastic clip on it, but that is probably due to carrying an overly large mother-in-law to Orlando and back from Raleigh. I have not shown the clip to the dealership yet. Let's hope they fix it at no cost.

I love changing gears in this car! The clutch is super light and I'm getting close to 28mpg in mixed driving. I like the bluetooth with my iPhone also. Calls go through the speaker system and I can listen to music or watch movies w/o a cord attached.

I have a couple of small gripes though. I am a short person (5foot6inches) and the center console/armrest is set too far back for me to rest my elbow on. Also, I wish the doors locked automatically when the car gets to 15mph or so. This one doesn't seem to hard of a request. My 8yr old Dodge has done this from day 1 and hasn't needed repairing (yet).

Overall, I am a happy owner and love the looks and driving of the car. Speed comes very easy and there is no drama when you are going fast.

I don't see any around the Raleigh area, so I'll be watching the forum for updates from other owners. Hope all enjoy the car as much as I do!
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,415
    Just a gentle correction here...you've had the car awhile, so it's time to learn how to spell its name! K-I-Z-A-S-H-I. ;)

With regard to the door locks, dealers and others are often able to program these things in via computer. On my previous car, a 2003 VW Golf, the dealer said it couldn't be done, even though my 1999 Passat came equipped that way on delivery. Several years later, when I mentioned it again, this time to my non-dealer, super good mechanic, he whipped out his laptop, hooked it into the VW's computer and within seconds had the doors set up to lock at low speed and unlock when I removed the key from the ignition. Didn't cost me a dime either. Thus, I would think there is also a way to set this up on a car as new as the Kizashi.

Also, I am only 5'6 1/2" and find the Kizashi armrest usable (don't own one, but test-drove it a few times before settling on a Volvo S60). Long ago, I got used to a driving position sitting a bit further away from the wheel, knowing that it is not at all a good thing to be sitting really close to the airbag. Try it...you might get used to it.
  • LOL ! I'm such a moron! I spend so much time talking about the car and spelling the name.... and what do I do? Misspell it on a forum. HA!
    Thanks for the gentle reminder gregg vw, I'll try to do better....and thanks for the tip on the cpu programming. I have a mechanic in mind who may be able to help.
    I took the car into the Raleigh dealership and showed them the passenger seat. They ordered a part and it is already in. No charge for replacing it. They are also going to change the oil and check things over. All no charge. :D
    I'll work on moving the seat back, I just don't want to start lying down to drive. Not my style (know what I mean?) .

-skinnypop
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,818
    Hey, at least you messed up on a new-ish vehicle that's a little difficult to spell. How long has the Camry been around? Yup, we still get people spelling it Camaray or Camery, or some spelling that makes it appear that they own a Camry/Camaro hybrid vehicle. :)

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• that spell Chevy Camaro the Chevy Camero! :)

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• Why is it that there is such a limited supply of 2011 Kisashis' at dealers? I am contemplating purchasing a Kisashi (test drove one recently), but in doing more local searches for one, I have found that every dealer within a 100 mile radius of me has perhaps an inventory of no more than three or four on hand. Is anyone else seeing this besides me? I realize the year is quickly coming to an end, but is it that suzuki simply builds a small number of Kizashi's thus far?