Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Kizashi

Comments

• After 4 month of none stop research and test drive others , I bought the SLS AWD Sport 2012 in Black Metallic. drove 100 miles in the highway and WOW 35 MPG, didn't expect that as it is listed 29MPG. love the design turning so many heads already, interior Audi quality, they didn't spare any details, check out the quality of every part used in the car from the break to the tires to the leather all the way to the engine amazing quality. Best of all I don't feel I am a part of the herd, the AWD and the tire makes me corner with joy, be careful as you drive thinking you are doing 55 but you are at 85 smooth and quiet, amazing quality, perfect design. Love it.
  • indeed, I test drove one in April 2010, yes, the original U.S. Suzuki Kizashi for sale in the States, and the automatic CVT did not disappoint. I wanted a red 6-speed standard transmission Kizashi, went in to negotiations but didn't get the deal I wanted. When I look back the dealer was just trying to make a bit more of a profit, for the amount of beautiful car I was getting we both would've walked away winners and happy at the same time. But I ended up walking away with our '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, and I still love our Lancer GTS, so that is cool.

But wow, I loved that Kizashi and would not hesitate later to buy one. You're right, smooth driving experience, quiet in the cabin and solid build quality. I figured I needed to buy the red Kizashi, this car is amazing.

So there ya go, kizashiowner, ya done good! If you don't mind please come on back here and week-ta-week or month-ta-month give us your Kizashi update as far as the driving exerience goes, fuel economy, dealership experience, etc. That way us Kizashi droolers can get our fill about what we're missing, OK? :P

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• The car has been great so far, true fun to drive. There is active community kizashiclub check it out as there are so much information from Kizashi owners.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,663
    excellent tip. Thanks! I'll check it out.

• rktbrkrrktbrkr Posts: 15
    Subaru per Consumer Reports, they don't even review Suzuki - not enough volume. All 6 Subaru models come highly rated. A steep hill for Suzuki to climb. If you can find a discounted lease that shifts the risk of Suzuki leaving the market to the factory but it doesn't look like they do much lease discounting.

I think the Impreza is underpowered but with $4 gas approaching a slightly underpowered Subaru that gets 10MPG more than the Kizashi might be the better deal. Feb Suzuki sales will be out in a week. Stay tuned, I think they are going to do an Isuzu unless they get GM to rebadge some of their vehicles.
  • The warranty is actually 3 yrs/ 36,000. The 7 yr / 100K you're referring to is for the powertrain only.
  • Here in Canada Suzuki needs to offer better warranties to match brands like Kia, Hyundai and Mitsubishi. Just bought a Suzuki Kizashi SX AWD and am loving it. Now since 1995 I have only owned Suzuki and presently am keeping my Aerio that has 267,000 Kilometres. It has absolutely no rust and really i have spent far lesson it than owners of other equivalent brands who also have to contend with rust buckets as well. the following repairs were required on the Aerio. Transfer Case seal replacement within warranty period. Then cooling tensioner with belt @ 165,000 Km. All the hoses near the 195,000 Km. Finally the front ball-joints with arms at the 255,000 Km. Total of these repairs about a $1000 spread-over 10 years. The battery was changed once, front brake pads and discs 3 times averaging close to 100,000 Km per set and also recently the rear drums and shoes. Hopefully the Kizashi will keep up the good times I have had with Suzuki brands. By the way I did test drive the Altima, Optima, Sonata, Accord, Camry, Fusion and Subaru Legacy as I thought of getting away from Suzuki. However, the Kizashi was the most comfortable and enjoyable to drive.
  • chuck1chuck1 Posts: 1,405
    I test drove a Kizashi as well and was impressed. I could have saved a good $6,000.00 by purchasing one instead of the Subaru Legacy I ended up buying. Suzuki in the U.S. (not sure about Canada) has a .4% market share. I think they sold like 6,000 cars last year. The Camry sells thT many in a week for comparison sake.

There isn't any car company that will will continue to float their U.S. operations selling that many cars.

That's why I did not buy one.
  • If the leasing rates reflected the low sales price the car commands then I'd lease it because it takes away the time bomb of the used car price plunging when they announce Suzuki is leaving US market. Fine car but the savings on the purchase will be erased on the resale. Maybe buy it AFTER they announce bye bye to north america
  • Two year old 2011 Kizashi 35000 Km. Many paint chips, one is over 10 mm in size. Suzuki to date has done nothing for me. On last service visit was told I need new tires??? already. What a joke! 35000 km in 2 years is in my opinion very low use and this is totally unacceptable! wear.
  • Ok, it's the 7th of October 2012,and I am still smiling! I now have about 3400 miles on my Kizashi and I am still enjoying it! I thought I was the only one in the neighborhood with one,but I see someone else in the community has one,also a black one!:-( I get so many compliments on this car from my fellow soldiers! The last vehicle that I received so many compliments, was for my BMW convertible! I find myself taking those roundabouts,right turns and such much faster! The dealership threw in a set of splash guards and fog lights into the pot,so I'm happy! But I wonder how long do these Dunlops last? Does anyone know? Right now, I have nothing negative to report.Let's hope it stays this way! Stay tuned for further post!
  • I agree with you. I test drove one of the first Kizashi's in Nevada, a red 2010 Suzuki Kizashi 6-speed was on the showroom floor waiting for me after I test drove the automatic CVT-paddled titanium grey Kizashi. I went into negotiations and apparently wasn't dealing the way they wanted. We ended up leaving in our 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. But I remain impressed with the Kizashi and wouldn't rule out a deal for one someday down the road. Great midsize (actually the car is a titch smaller than all the other midsize sedans on the road now) sedan.

Loved it!

• Hi all! I've had my black 2011 Kizashi for 15 months now. I've put just over 22,000 miles on it. Tires are still in good condition and no paint chips, but I did get caught in a hail storm and have quite a few dings all around. The hail storm broke the back window of the car, but that was replaced by insurance. I'm getting 28.3mpg and averaging 32mph. The family moved from Raleigh, NC to Oklahoma City, OK back in February. So, a few trips back and forth across I-40 to get moved. The car worked great every time. I have had to top off the air in the tires about every 5 months and I change the oil every 5,000 miles.
    It is very windy in Oklahoma, and I find the car getting blown around on the road a lot. I love the car, but I may need something heavier than 1.5 - 2 tons next time. :0)
    I have not seen another Kizashi in OKC or the surrounding area, but I'm sure there are a few since we do have a dealership here. I get a lot of looks and compliments on the car, I've even been pulled over by a Kansas State Trooper and an Oklahoma State Trooper just to answer questions about it. No tickets given. :0)
    Anyway, I'm still happy with the car and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a small/midsized sedan with an aggressive look to it.
  • day and wasn't sure what kind of car it was until I looked in the rear view mirror and realized it really was a Kizashi. And silver does this car some good, real good. I am still unofficially officially in the market for one of these beauties. It looks strong and stealthy on the road and I still remember how great it felt on the roads of south Vegas (actually Henderson, NV).

I would prefer a 6-speed but would settle for an automatic CVT Kizzy. Rock on to some tasty Foghat in your Kizashi's.

• away, I'm finding I'm falling in love all over again with the Suzuki Kizashi. Especially in silver. What a babe!

• I had a choice between 3 of them.....The pearl white one,one in silver with AWD,and the black pearl,which I chose. The silver one looks as though it glows! But it didn't have leather!So I test drove the white one for four days,........then bought the black one!haha Been happy ever since! This car is a blast to drive! hitting the interstate,most times I'm already doing well over 80mph....in the acceleration lane!!! it's always a surprise for the others!!
  • That's what I like about it!! I looks so aggressive,that I took a picture of it,just the front,to grace my Facebook page! But I would have preferred a stick,but to be honest,I just slap it over to manual,and go for it! Now, you'll only go so far in each gear,but just up-shift baby!I had it up to 115mph during the test drive..with the salesman! And the twisty roads.......That's what sold it for me! Next thread....fuel economy!
    edited October 2012
    this Kizashi is a real sleeper, meaning no one seems to know about it. To know about this Suzuki Kizashi you have to be a car person, I'm serious. I am, so I was waiting for this one before it hit the lots. I still want one and hopefully one day I will. It was so easy to drive, the car barely jostled you when it went over bumps. It was a joy to drive.

Yeah, nothing wrong with black for color (yeah, I know, black isn't really a color...ha-ha) and white would be an awesome choice, too, but for me it would be either red or silver, and you're right, we have a '08 Rally Red Mitsubishi Lancer GTS with the automatic CVT and it's a ball to drive. You only think you need a manual tranny. Actually, I would get a new Kizashi with the automatic CVT like the Lancer's. I've come to love it.

2012 Suzuki Kizashi in...that silver

It looks to have the same tire size (18") as the Lancer does. Awesome. I want one!

• gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,419
    There are good deals on Kizashis, if you are near a dealer. Suzuki has few dealerships left. Re-sale sucks as well, so a like-new used one would be the way to go if you want one.

When the Kizashi was introduced, the engine was remarkably powerful for its class. Now, every competitor has a 4 cylinder with as much or more power. Suzuki has lagged not just on issuing other models and preserving dealerships, but existing models like the Kizashi are basically the same as when they were introduced. Equipment choice has fallen way behind the competition. I liked the Kizashi, especially its size, but it is outclassed by most everything in its price range now. It's too bad. I don't know what happened to Suzuki.
    edited October 2012
    I know Suzuki still has the engineering prowess because of cars like the Kizashi. But they were killed because of the public's preception of them. Which was dead wrong. I test drove a Kizashi and it is a great car. Not just a good car - a great car.

I haven't even checked lately ta see if I am near a Suzuki dealer. I'm in Coeur d' Alene, ID, about 30 miles east of Spokane. I know there isn't a Suzuki dealer in Coeur d' Alene but there may be one in Spokane. I'll check it out. I'd love ta have a Kizashi.

And you're right, one could be had for a fire sale price, now, too. Or could one?

This car was incredibly easy ta drive and held track on the road like a bead.