Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe Stabilitrak Problems

15678911»

Comments

• kmountskmounts Posts: 1
    Is anyone still having these issues? I have a 2015 Tahoe that just hit 50,000 miles has been being serviced by Chevy dealerships since I bought, and the Stabilitrak light keeps coming on and we lose our parking assist, lights flicker on and off...the last time I took it in for the full over haul and to have all fluids and filters changed and they ran diagnostics on the stabilitrak and said it was nothing, but today my engine light started blinking every time I would use the gas pedal...did this for about a mile and then it didn't do it again...I mean this seems pretty crazy for a relatively new car...
  • I have a 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ. For the last few months the 'service stabilitrak/service traction control' lights have been coming on (theoretically shutting off those features) on the dash cluster as well as on the DCI screen but have noticed no difference in the vehicle handling. I took it to my dealer but when they put the scanner on the truck's DLC there are no active, pending, or recorded codes of any kind.

Dealer said they had no idea & they would hate to have me spend $90 an hour to have their mechanic chasing a gremlin. They would hate it??? (With 33,000+ miles its out of warranty).

I've been keeping an informal log of when this occurs as it has been sporadic. When it does happen the one common thread I noticed is the outside temperature is at or above 90 degrees. I live in Phoenix so needless to say its easy to hit that mark in the summer. As if to confirm that theory, with the coming of fall we have had some cooler temps & the warnings have not come on. But by mid-day with the temps still hitting 90+ they have been coming back on.

So I'm wondering if some sensor is reacting to the higher heat? Or is there a module that is triggering due to the same issue? Because there are circuit boards involved (I presume) is the heat causing a faulty board connection to expand, open & separate causing what is known as a 'high open'?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Or have they noticed theirs is coming on in higher temperature situations?

Thanks
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 53,771
    edited October 11
    It will have to be diagnosed in "real time" in that case, or the situation will have to deteriorate further to make it easier to track down. The Stabilitrak isn't an actual "thing"--it's a network of things interacting--so the gremlin could be just about anywhere. You need to be reading data as the problem is occurring.

Why don't you see if there is a highly experienced IANT member near you?

www.iATN.net

click on "repair shops" when you get to that website

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Posts: 3,763
    He's got one of the best techs in the country in his general area. J. Riggle. He will find him through the iATN.
  • Anyone still having this issue? Is there a actual solution to the problem?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 53,771
    There's no one solution because there is no one "Stabilitrak" system. It's a network of modules and sensors so the "solution" could be any number of things. You could have six cars with this problem and 6 different fixes for it.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

15678911»