Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe Stabilitrak Problems

Comments

• vtranevtrane Posts: 7
    I have a 2007 Yukon Denali with 59K on it. I was driving 55 mph on the way to work and my stabili track light flashed off, then traction control off, then is said service stabili track and service traction control. I called onstar and they said one of the sides of the engine is running lean which might cause this issue which doesn't make sense to me. I have read every thread and it looks like there might be a fix for this issue. One of the threads stated they need to replace a "body module"? can someone please let me know how much this costs. Or if you have a specific explanation in lamens terms that I can tell my mechanic so I can fix this on the first shot I would really appreciate. I don't want to go through what a lot of other individuals have had to go through. I sincerely appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!!
    Hi mbc53103,

I called Jimmy today regarding the stabilitrak, tcs issue and he could not remember what vehicle the "pysco" tahoe was. He said I was his 6th call. Is there anything that you could give me (while still protecting your identity) that could help jimmy pull up what the solution was for your vehicle. any help would be appreciated. I dropped my denali off with my mechanic and he started telling me that the i probably need to replace several things which is adding up fast. thanks!
    Hi Christina,

I am looking for any help you can give. My 2007 Denali is having the same exact problems. . check engine light on, (onstar says engine running lean) and stabilitrak light and tcs light turning on and off. I am hoping there is an answer so I can tell my mechanic before he starts replacing things that are unrelated which will cost me a fortune. Any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Hi modestmike,

My Denali is doing the same exact thing so I dropped it off with my mechanic today. I was wondering if the check engine light (onstar said my enging was running lean) had anything to do with the stabilitrak light coming on. also, how much did it cost to fix and what was the fix. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million!
  • tylernkytylernky Posts: 8
    I was one of the six: and he had no idea .... You would think with so many people having this problem, someone would know the solution...
    This is my whole point, I do not want to take my truck in an they just start replacing parts and empting my wallet and it still does not fix the problem. as far as the Body module, many who had that replaced still had the same issues.
    Its starting to sound like a major CPU problem since it affects everything from the rear hatch to brake system, to steering, to starting and running lean.All I know is the first couple of times that people wreck due to locked steeering or brakes failing, GM will get a whole lot of publicity.
    thank you for taking the time to reply. My mechanic is running diagnostic tests that started yesterday and should finish today to hopefully let me know what he thinks is the problem. I sent him the blog history which will hopefully help him out. Just the diagnostics fees are up to $200 so hopefully the fix will not cost thousands, if he can even find one.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    vtrane,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Has the dealership involved our Technical Assistance? Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    Hi Caron,
    I will check to see if the Technical Assistance team has been contacted. Do you know if there has been some kind of recall? The more I investigate on line the more people I have found with these same issues. It is hard to believe that a $60k vehicle has major computer malfunctions with in 60k miles that affect issues with the vehicles braking, accelerating,braking,shifting, stability and traction control systems. It should be covered under warranty and there should be a recall. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
  • rsorrensonrsorrenson Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    This is exactly what happened to me yesterday 2007 suburban ..59650 to 59670 miles when it happened . stabiltrak warning, traction warning, hard shifting etc etc engine light

What was your exact mileage ...

Did you get a repair ? I really dont need to be raped by by local dealer playing swap the parts Im in canada so parts are double..yes double the price ...so when I say raped..I mean really raped

not sure if related but have read reports

4 months ago had the oil pressure drop to zero , false warrning.

last summer had drivers door window button melt down ( literally went up in smoke) Had to replace all wiring and switch and doesnt control other windows , door lock..think BCM is shot ( dealer wants 650 for BCM )

engine has low oil level warning ..dealer wanted 100 "diagnostic fee " while under warranty

I have a 2005 blazer a 2005 CTS-V and this 2007 surburban ..this thing is an electrical nightmare :lemon:
  • rhagen1rhagen1 Posts: 7
    I have a 2007 Suburban. I embarked on a 3,000 mile family vacation to Montana. After 1,300 miles of problem free driving, the stabilitrak, traction control and engine lights came on indicating "Stabilitrak off" and "traction control off". It was saying service needed.

At the very same time, the engine started to have hesitation upon acceleration. This was all happening in the middle of Montana yesterday. I am now in Montana with my family worried about driving the vehicle for fear that it will cease to operate and leave us stranded. I have only 60,000 miles on this car and am very upset about what's happening, in particular, because we are thousands of miles from home.

I do not like what I'm reading about the steering locking up or the brakes having an issue. I have my three young children in the car.

I will be taking my car in to a dealer in upstate Montana tomorrow. I would really like to hear from customer service as to possible solutions to this problem so I can assist the dealer in diagnosing and fixing the problem.

Thank you.
    Sounds like we have the same problem. Have you been able to solve your issue?

If so, I would really appreciate anything you can tell me. I'm traveling on a long road trip, thousands of miles from home and worried that my very expensive suburban won't get me home.

Thank you.
  • I will back peddle on my last post re raping by dealership ( GM canada still charges double what GM US does for parts , since they are the same company..RAPE does still apply however)

In this case I took the truck to Budds in Oakville ( former Kerr and now only dealer in town ) they ran the engine codes and came up with clean throttle body and injectors. This cost me around 300 and the truck is a fine. The whole stabiltrak/traction/ hard shift problem went away

Oil level fixed under warranty ( which the previous dealer claimed wasnt a warranty item ,( Nothing was a warranty item at oakville chev)

Electrical problem with door RE: FIRE required BCM reprogram ($100)

Throw in an oil change and the day was 600 which I am very happy with as I was expecting over 600 in parts for the BCM alone

Very happy with the dealer and the cost was fair . Provided the fix holds..Happy GM customer again
    Thank you for the information. I called my chevy serviceman this morning before receiving your message and he came up with the same solution - throttle body sensor. I'm comforted that your solution is the same that he suggested. The Montana chevy dealer, hopefully, will come up with the same solution.

Thanks again.
  • benjo777benjo777 Posts: 6
    My 2007 Tahoe has been in the dealership for over a week now. This is the 4th time in looking for a solution. Currently the are replacing parts trying to find the solution, which was my initial worry. They replaced an O2 sensor then did something to the intake valve. They are still receiving a check engine light and are currently stumped on a solution. So currently around $700 deep it sounds like I don't have a solution. I'll keep posting on here if they do find a solution. If not, pursuing a Lemon Law suit might be at stake.

benjo777
    jackson, wy
  • acroweacrowe Posts: 4
    I have a 2007 LTZ that has has many of the same issues. We had the engine replaced at 41k...STILL burning oil like crazy. The drivers seat works half the time...usually have to put in gear, drive 2 blocks, park and it will adjust. The left passenger window will go down, but won't go up from the passengers controls. The brake light doesn't work (have tried 3 separate light bulbs) The traction control/stabiltrack light is on. We had the parking assist sensors replaced last year ($$$ and lying dealership)...the ENTIRE front dash went out. The tailgate sometimes will not work. This vehicle looks great, drives great, but is POORLY manufactured. Oops...this weekend I was filling it with gas and went to open the door handle...it broke off. What did the dealer say? "SORRY...this is going to cost a LOT to fix"...SERIOUSLY...when the entire electrical system seems shorted, why can't this company stand by their products? I would highly recommend looking elsewhere for a vechicle. Hard to imagine we saved this company that produces such crap.
    to add..the parking assist is broken AGAIN...unreal. We also had to change the battery...seems odd...my Ford purred along for years. Lots of excuses at the dealership..."never heard of ANY of these problems sir..."

I guess they dont read the internet or any of the dealer recommended solutions that GM sends out.
    it has only happened one more time in three weeks, i have been waiting for a solution to the problem, the brakes have not reacted again, but the steering wheel did lock up when pulled over and tried to put in park. Turned truck off and lights went off and steering unlocked.

BUT, not everytime since the first episode, the truck has a hard start, turn key once and it tries to start for 15 seconds or more, turn key off and immediately try again and it finally starts, but extremely ruff idle and then smooths out, but, constantly notice chugging power up hills and spit and sputter when leaving a full stop. then fine agai. but, now, EVERY single start I have to keep trying until it does.

Any solutions? Is this Throttle Body sensor really the issue? Anyone sell this part to install myself?

Thanks all
    new one today! Dropped friends off at the airport...left truck idling, got out and removed luggage from back..closed tailgate...went to get back in...DOORS were all locked!

Thank god the back window opened...had to crawl through to doors!

why is it that with all these issues that GM has not issued multiple recalls instead of asking me to shell out more and more dollars when I already spent 50k+ on this thing?
    The service shop put it on the computer and the codes led the shop to believe that it was a problem with the intake. They think that's what is causing the vehicle to use an inordinate amount of oil between oil changes.

Having said that, it was supposed to be done today, but the shop hasn't called yet so I'm thinking that they fixed the intake issue (possibly gasket) but that didn't fix the issue.

Another service shop I spoke with mentioned that if you're having a lot of electrical issues, the body control module is probably the issue. I'm not having a lot of electrical issues like you are. I would look into replacing the BCM.

Somewhere in this blog, I read that one person had an intake gasket issue. I'm hoping that's my problem.

After reading all the blog replies, I believe there are a number of different issues with our model of car.

Although I'm beyond my warranty period (by one week), GM has agreed to give me a "good will" warranty and fix my car without cost. I think GM may realize that there are some significant problems that need to be addressed with the $60K car we all purchased.