Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Nissan Maxima

Comments

• smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    I belong to a Maxima forum where once in a while a Nissan Master Technician will come on and try to help us out and answer some of our questions.

According to two separate techs, Nissan is aware that on the 09 and 10 Maxima, there is bad vibration/shimmy issues with the Goodyear RS-As, the front driver and passenger seats have moving/shaking issues, and there is a recall on the front strut insulators. I have had and will be taking my car in again in the next two weeks to address these issues.

According to the techs, Nissan came out with a new TSB on the suspension that if anyone brings the car in under warranty complaining about suspension noises/sounds, etc, which I have begun experiencing, that Nissan is to inspect and replace the front struts/insulators, whether or not the car was under the initial recall period of being manufactured from 08/03/09-08/14/09. Nissan has told me that my car was not apart of the recall yet my door sill says my car was assembled in August 2009 (got it in the middle of Sept 09) so it has to be related!

To be honest with you, I think your making too much about the trunk issue. There are a lot of sedan trunk lids that don't pop up all the way and so the Maxima is hardly alone. I've got the spoiler on the trunk which weighs it down even more so you can imagine how much of a pain it is to lower and raise the thing.

The rest of the issues are legit though and you just have to keep complaining and demanding Nissan does something. Aparently, if you make enough stink about the problems with the tires, and show you spent money on balancing/alignments with no resolve of the vibrations (especially at high speeds), like I have, some Nissan dealers are swapping off the RS-A for Michelin Primacy's MXV4s which has gotten rid of the vibrations/ride quality/noise level issues of the crappy Goodyear's, but keep in mind, this seems to be a dealer specific thing and I don't expect my dealer to do it though the techs told me their dealerships have been allowed to do this and I have heard from some owners online that their dealerships did this as well.
  • hondafan12hondafan12 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks smarty. I got my car back today and the service dept. said no one was able to hear the sounds I was talking about. They're trying to make me think I'm crazy! So I will no longer be going back to that dealership and will make sure Nissan knows about the service, or lack of, I received there. I'll be taking my car to another service dept. to follow up on the suspension noises. Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to bring it up at the next place I go to. As far as the tires go, I haven't had any more issues after the finally fixed the vibrating. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Oh definitely do that! If my dealer pulls that on me when I bring it in, I'll tell them right to their face how crappy they are, will be reporting them to Nissan Consumer Affairs and go to another dealer! I suggest you do the same!
  • scopro1997scopro1997 Member Posts: 1
    So when I am driving my 2010 Maxima (purchased just 3 months ago in March), there is a distinctive buzzing noise that appears to be coming from the dashboard mounted speaker. I can hear the noise really well at 40 MPH or lower (with or without my music on). I took it into the Nissan Dealership and had the service technician take a ride with me. Sadly, we were not able to duplicate the buzzing noise. I was just to curious to see if others have experienced a similar issue.
    I have heard a few people hear and there complain about a rattle issue with front and rear speakers while driving! It is best if you can reproduce the sound with a tech, but if not, I would go back in and force them to replace the speaker you hear the noise coming from. As long as your under warranty, its free of charge to you and the speakers should be a dime a dozen for the factory to eat the cost from the dealership! If not, you'll have to live with it for now!
  • rgb42rgb42 Member Posts: 40
    In 2004 I purchased a new '04 Maxima SE, which I really liked. In 2008 I decided to purchase a new '08 Hyndai Azera Limited, which I liked at first. After about a year and numerous problems, I got to dislike the car quite a bit. This past May I decided to get rid of the Azera and purchased a new 2010 Maxima. Although the Azera had a couple of items on it (as did my '04 Maxima) that are not on this new Maxima, after 3 months and 4500 miles, I simply love this car. So far, I have had absolutely none of the problems I have been reading about in this forum. At this time, I am a very happy camper with the new Maxima ... and it is so much nicer, better riding, and quieter than my '04 Maxima, which when I had it, I thought was a great car.
  • ljpzapljpzap Member Posts: 3
    I had vibration with my 09 Maxima SV with the 19 inch Goodyear Eagle tires. First time they said they needed balancing. That didn't do it, next time they said they needed to trim the rotors as they were warped. They did that and it helped but I can still feel a vibration in the the car. I will check the DOM on the car as I have not received any recall notice on it.
    Also had it as the steering wheel tilt motor went out after 14 months. There is a Nissan SB out on it (mechanics left it in my car) They have known about the motor problem since the new 09 model came out. They are just hoping the cars get through the warranty period before the motors break so Nissan would not have to cover the problem under warranty.
    I had 2 Acura TL's and switched to the new Maxima because the TL body style was not for me and the Maxima had good performance "allegedly" I have been dissappointed and wished I kept my 2005 TL. This car doesn't handle anything like the Acura. It is mushy in corners. Power in it is definitely really good and the transmission smooth, but with the vibration issues and the motor on the steering wheel I am pretty much done with them and will be switching when the lease is up.
    I've had the same thing with my 10 Maxima with vibrations. I haven't had any problems with the alignment or steering being off center but the vibrations are entirely due to the tires. I've been through this with Nissan and my local Goodyear tire dealership. The RS-As have inherent vibration issues both places told me and no amount of sport performance balancing/alingments, etc are going to fix it. It is just the nature of these POS tires.

The only way your going to solve the vibration issues is by replacing the Goodyear's with a high quality Michelin or Bridgestone tires. The guys online who have done so have completely gotten rid of their vibration issues once new/different tires were put on.

Sorry to be the barer of bad news!
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    I agree with it being the tires. I am looking to buy a car in the spring and am currently monitoring multiple make/model message boards, and I'm seeing complaints about GY RS-A's all over the place.
  • ljpzapljpzap Member Posts: 3
    For what it is worth I would not get the Maxima again, not for the price. I have the SV model with sport package and tech. In 09 it was $38,500. I am either going back to Acura or switching to BMW 3 series next year. Maxima engine and transmission are great (quiet, smooth strong), but fit/finish/handling for a car with this price and "sports sedan" billing make it a little dissappointing, and their service level at the dealers is not near Acura or BMW. Frankly they should drop the Maxima and just let Infinity market their luxury line, as it just doesn't really fit in at the dealership in my opinion. Good luck in your search.
    I've come to a semi-similar conclusion as you have on the Maxima.

Don't get we wrong, its a sharp looking, powerful car but the price tag and the stealership treatment just don't add up to the luxury divisions. If they are going to charge luxury divisions prices then they need to offer the same quality and customer service/experience or its just not worth the high price tag.
    You'd have to go to the 335i and then add a ton of options to get anywhere near the power and features of the $39k Maxima, and you can't get that for anywhere near $40k. Not to mention that you are far more likely to get a price near invoice (around $36k) on a Maxima than you are on any luxury-level product.

It's not a fair criticism that the Maxima doesn't stand up to those brands unless you include a comparison of cost with similar equipment. Factor that in as well, and the stated deficiences still leave a good value in what is admittedly a "tweener" segment.

Last comment: Living in SW PA, RWD is not an option for me. Few cars out there can provide this setup in FWD format.
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    BMW i335 is a great car for 30=40K but not at 40=60 k for a 335 loaded. My last tune up on a 335 was 800 bucks. I'm very happy with the Maxima. My days going around a corner on 2 wheels are over. I'm getting 28-29 mpg on midgrade gas with my 2010 Max with all options and am very satisfied other than the mooing noise the exhaust makes
    No you don't.

You can get a fully loaded TL with tech package and a premium package loaded G37 for around 38-39k which it near the same price and performance power as the Max but your getting much better service and treatment from the Acura and Infiniti dealer then you are from Nissan. Heck, even a loaded ES350 can be had for 38-41k which is around the Max's price range.

If you start talking about the German luxury makes then yes, loaded up similarly you are talking low to mid 40k's but not with the Japanese luxury makes.

Like I said, its not really a issue with the car itself, its more of an issue with the manufacturer and what they are charging for it and their poor customer service treatment on an expensive vehicle.
    When you say "you can get", I assume you are talking about discounted prices from MSRP and not list price itself. By that logic, you can get a loaded Maxima for around $34k. That's a difference of $83 per month on a 60 month loan at 0%.
  • arvindcpatelarvindcpatel Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2010 SV with just monitor package. Once in a while I have staring problem. When I push the white button, it clicking but does not start. Warning signs brake, engine light, etc comes up and will not start. Then after few tries or after a while, it will start. It has been happening more now and I have only 3200 miles on it. Any one else has similar experience? :D
    Did you have the battery checked?
  • maximapa1maximapa1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Have a 2010 Maxima. Very happy overall with the performance of the car and the price with 0 percent and low $30K range for the Premium Package it is hard to beat.

I will say..some minor issues overall with design/fit/finish.

I am having major problems however with the wear on the leather seats. Seems to have tiny "hairs" or pieces of leather coming out of the perferations. Had cover replaced to have them occur again. Nissan rep is now saying that it is "just the way the leather is".... while the dealer and rep agree it looks like crap escpecially on darker leather ..there is supposedly nothing to be done.

As I said ...great car for the price but if the "fit and finish" are no there this car's interior will look like crap in 2yrs.

Anyone else having issues with the seats in this way?

G.
  • mikemaxima126mikemaxima126 Member Posts: 1
    Call me crazy, but I have a weird issue. I have a brand new, 2010 Maxima S, 10,000 miles on it. About a week ago, i had my 2nd oil change done on it, brought it to the stealership (across from my house-had a service coupon)

After getting my Maxima back after a convenient 2 hour oil change, i got in it.. and almost within seconds of driving home, I noticed it SOUNDED different. Almost like a new intake was installed, with a louder BUZZ coming from when I accelerate. Like it's stuck in 1st/2nd gear, RPMs aren't going higher than ~2500. I can't notice it's performing any different but it certainly SOUNDS different. I've had other new cars before but haven't noticed a significant change after a "break in" period.

I plan on calling the dealer service dept.--but i expect, "oh that's normal." So i figured i'd reach out. My rationale is your car is like your body, you KNOW when something's up.

Any help would be great. Thanks
    Again, I don't think I'm going crazy.
  • maximapa1maximapa1 Member Posts: 2
    I have not noticed any major changes (mine has 14K mi on it). I do notice with the transmission that it seems to want to accelerate. (something not always bad!).

I am happy with the engine maybe could be a bit better gas mileage.

An update on the seat issue I am having. They replaced seat once already as I stated and now are saying it is "just the nature" of perforated leather that it is showing fabric coming out of the holes. Then they offered me a 2yr free maintenance program for my car. Nissan customer service is trying but the factory will not admit bad materials and they have seen it on many cars.

I wonder what my seats will look like in 2-3yrs. My 2002 Volkswagon leather seats will probably look better than my Maxima at that point.

I doubt I will by another Nissan product as the seats piss me off each and every day.
    Not sure what model trims you guys have specifically, but I noticed that the base S and regular SV trims have cheap cloth and vinyl seats. The only high quality vinyl/leather is in the premium package which has a much higher quality look and feel to it and it much more comfortable to sit in.

So just keep in mind, if your like me that has the mid level SV, the seats are not as high of quality in material then the premium package seats. I do think though that is crappy of Nissan to do. When a car costs as much as the Max does in all of its trim, the premium package quality of vinyl/leather should be across the board in all trims!
  • mytemaxmytemax Member Posts: 10
    :):) my 2010 "Max" has 8500 Mi's. on it and I have no problems at all. It's the premium Pkg. SV. Black Crimsom with a cafe' seats, everyone who ever rode in it says, "it is a good car and looks great TOO!" I did put a new grille in it, and side moldings,,but would like to put on new chrome wheels but can't find any at a good price. I missed the back seat pass-thru that my old 04 "SL" had. I was going to buy a ES-350 but I was treated so badly by two dealers that we passed on the car,,the others,,"CC"by VW was to cramped and had lots of road sounds,,the Honda was really over rated,,as was the Acura TL,,dollar for dollar we keep coming back to Thee "MAX"!!
  • alan_salan_s Member Posts: 362
    edited December 2010
    I've had my 2010 Maxima SV for 15 months now and enjoy every minute driving this car. Not only does it look sharp, but also it handles very well and the 290hp 3.5 liter is a real monster.

I initially had some problems with the car, but Regal Nissan in Roswell, GA fixed them all. I cannot say enough good things about Regal. I had the following problems, that were fixed:

1. Wind noise from lower left windshield area. Dealer discovered an improperly assembled rubber seal.
    2. Front strut noise. Dealer installed insulators.
    3. Vibration at speed. Fixed by replacing GY Eagle RS-A's with Michelin Primacys.
    4. Low speed CVT vibration. Fixed by TSB application.

I was disappointed that a new car had so many initial quality problems, but thanks to Regal, they were all resolved.

A note to Mikemaxima126: I discovered that the Maxima has a "sound generator" behind the rear intake. It is basically a pipe attached to the intake that resonates. Apparently Nissan installed this as an afterthought because they thought the engine was "too quiet". I have fiddled with it to see how easy it would be to remove because I'd prefer it to be as quiet as possible, and it doesn't seem to be very securely attached to the intake. It is possible that during your service, the sound generator was dislodged when the air filter was checked or changed, so it is either vibrating or not plugged in properly causing induction noise.
    I'd also check that the air filter is properly installed and the air filter cover is correctly in place, and the metal clips securing the filter cover are clicked in place. After opening, the filter cover is a bit tricky to put back together, and you may have some air leaks causing the noise.
    You are one lucky SOB man! I have been to three separate Nissan dealers in my area and none of them will replace the RS-A's with the Primacy's to get rid of all the damn vibrations!
    Many new tire dealers will trade-in the RS-A's for Primacys. They may offer you $60 or $70 per tire depending on condition, and even though the Primacys are expensive, it may be worth it for you to pay the difference, and experience how the Maxima was designed to run. There is a huge improvement in ride, smoothness and quietness. Nissan should make them standard equipment even if they need to charge a few hundred`dollars more for each new Maxima.
    They have engineered such a phenomenal vehicle and then negate all that engineering effort with a crappy set of tires. You'd think that Nissan would be tired of all the warranty effort that goes into rebalancing and messing around with the RS-A's.
    edited December 2010
    Well, problem is, the car is leased and I have a bad buyout so it will definitely be going back at lease end so I don't want to spend a lot on tires. I'm currently working a deal out with Goodyear to get the RS-A's taken off and the Assurance Comfortred Touring's put on for practically next to nothing since I'd be staying with a Goodyear tire. So far, the reviews out of tirerack for it are pretty positive on the ride and noise department for that tire and I think if I can get an adjustment worked out it be cheaper with them then the Primacy's despite the fact I'd still prefer the Primacy's. Probably won't see if they'll honor the deal till after the holiday's though.

You wouldn't by chance know of any national tire chains or dealers that are honoring that RS-A for Primacy swap do you? Mine have just over 15k on them and they are wearing really good (all four are at 9/32nds). I'd love to get rid of them.

I couldn't agree with you more. It wouldn't cost Nissan that much considering they must already have a deal with Michelin for tires since the Altima 2.5SL comes standard with Primacy's. But I'm not holding my breath b/c Nissan is still advertising the Maxima as the true 4DSC and the new Juke has RS-As on it so I don't think Nissan will get rid of them even though they should!
    edited December 2010
    I had Assurance ComforTreds on my Altima 3.5SL and they are a really nice riding, quiet tire, providing you get ones that don't have road force issues.
    3 out of 4 of the ComforTreds on the Altima had to be replaced under warranty to get the Altima vibration free.
    It seems that GoodYear have quality control problems with some of their tires. On the other hand, we just put GoodYear Forteras on our Honda Pilot and
    they are perfect.
    I know that Discount Tire do used tire trade-ins. If GoodYear are at a point where they will allow you a warranty return on the RS-A's they should give you an RMA or return authorization number.
    If you get a multiple-brand tire dealer like Discount Tire to handle the warranty for you, you won't have to apply the credit toward the ComforTreds.
    The way the process works is the tire dealer calls the tire manufacturer, gives them the RMA# and the manufacturer authorizes the tire return and credit to the tire dealer.
    The tire dealer orders a replacement set of tires through normal distribution, and applies the credit toward the replacement tires.

The assumption may be that you will order the ComforTreds, however in your case you could apply the credit to the Primacys and GoodYear wouldn't know it one way or the other.
    Obviously you don't want to let GoodYear know this is your intention ahead of time because they do want to keep you as a customer.
    If you decide on the ComforTreds, and if they are in-spec, I'm sure you will be pleased with them. They really transformed the Altima.
    Unlike other tire companies, I have found that GoodYear are very good with warranty issues and customer satisfaction, so I'm sure they will do something for you with the RS-A's. It is a pity that they have QC problems though.
    Alan, could you possibly tell me, does the Comfortred Tourings have a rim guard (meaning do they bulb out pass the rim like a Michelin or does a small lip of the tire curve around the outside of the rim like on some Bridgestone and the RS-As do?

Reason I ask is, I have a set of Kumho's on another vehicle of mine that are flat as a pancake with no rim protection was so ever and I don't want any more tires that are like that since the rim is completely exposed.
    Smarty666: I don't have the Altima anymore so I can't take another look at the ComforTreds. I don't think they would be comparable anyway because the Altima had 16"/60 sidewall aspect ratio tires and as you know, the Max has either 18"/45 or 19"/40 aspect ratio tires. You may want to go to a GoodYear dealer and take a look at a ComforTred with a similar aspect ratio to get an idea of their rim protection.

These low profile tires have very stiff sidewalls with minimal "bulge", and therefore less rim protection than a 60 aspect ratio tire. The Primacys provide minimal rim protection at best, and the tire width is lower than all curbs, so the rims are really exposed. I think the current obsession with huge rims and very low profile tires is really silly. They have a harder ride, add unsprung weight, offer no rim protection and cost a fortune to replace. I don't think anything larger than 17" is necessary, but until this ridiculous fashion ends, we are stuck.
  • maximaronmaximaron Member Posts: 8
    I have noticed that in the past 2 months my approx. 1 year old 2010 has a loud noise coming out of the rear suspension when I go over a speed bumb/curb or a dip in the road. I cannot duplicate it by bouncing on the car when it is parked. It almost sounds like something is scraping, as if you bottomed out the car....but it is not scraping. Could it be trailing arm bushings, strut problem or some type of interference in the suspension assembly? It gets worse in colder weather, FYI.
    Have not been to dealer yet, will advise.
    I started having this when the cold weather hit back in November. Had creaking/groaning noises from the rear suspension going over speed bumps, dips, etc.

Need to take it in and tell them about the noise and instruct them to clean and grease the rear suspension bushings. I had that done and the noise is gone. Apparently, Nissan used cheap crap in the rear suspension and the cold weather dries out the bushings resulting in the noises.
  • jtlappyjtlappy Member Posts: 1
    Thanks! I'll let you know how it works out!
    Pretty sad for a "new" car......
    Couldn't agree with you more! Pretty sad for a car that has an over $40k msrp on the window sticker now.
  • kc4nierkc4nier Member Posts: 1
    I just started having the same issue with my 2010 Nissan Maxima SV. It is extremely loud when I shut off the vehicle. The noise seems to be coming from the front wheel wells or under the front end of the car.

My Maxima also has 8,000 miles on it. It is still under warranty. Before I bring it in for service to help resolve the issue. What was the end result of your problem? How was it resolved? What was causing the noise?

Thanks for your time.
    It won't get resolved, mine hasn't either. It just the heat shield expanding and contracting which makes the knocking and pinging sound. I even told them that I have never had a car do this before WHILE the engine is running.

I have had some cars in the past do this a little bit when cooling off in the garage but this car takes the cake. It is constantly loud and unrefined sounding. It really sounds like a popcorn maker. Just absolutely ridiculous that a $40k dollar car makes noises like this and Nissan says that is normal. They just don't get it!
  • justice10justice10 Member Posts: 1
    Maxima 2009 - I purchased a new 2009 max and the seat cover look like it was 3 yrs old. The dealers said it would flatten out but never did. A year later, they replaced the seat cover with another one, which looked like it was 10 yrs old. Almost 1 1/2 yrs later, the dealer showed my a notice he received from Nissan acknowledging the defect. The dealer would not give me a copy but said he would call me in 30 days to repair it. 6 months later no call. I have contacted a Lemon Law attorney, maybe you should fo the same.
    FINALLY brought it in....at my 15K "service" mark (good thing it's a company car....$296 for oil/filter/wiper blades/rot/balance??) which was overdue, mentioned the "noise"...could not replicate as it was warmer/raining. Luckily, a tech took pity on me and found NTB011-007B which replaced rear stabilizer bushings.
    Don't lubricate the old ones, that is exactly what should NOT be done!
    Insist on this NTB fix, I was told that low speed, cold weather exacerbated the condition and I concur!
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    Looks like they used the ultra high priced Ester Oil for your oil change. You will not invalidate your warantry if you opt for the regular mineral oil instead. Just tell the Service manager thats what you want. Thanks for the TSB report on the rear bushings!
  • tictac3tictac3 Member Posts: 78
    edited July 2011
    Our 2010 Max has about 9500 miles on it. I last changed the oil & filter at 8000 miles (every 4000 mi). Today while driving, the VID display showed an oil filter icon. It was not the oil pressure light! Could not find anything in the owner's manual. Any thoughts?
  • bqmaximabqmaxima Member Posts: 1
    Did you get this resolved? We took our 2010 Maxima in for the starter button clicking and not starting. The nissan service center could not find the problem and we left with it not resolved. Two hours after we got it back from the dealer it would not start. They said that the battery was working properly and holding a charge and they could not get it to not start. Nissan has always been a reliable product. It still does it and no resolution so far. Are they (Nissan)hiding this problem from the public? Let me know if anyone has this problem. Thanks.
    I also have a 2010 Max and the exact same thing happened to me last month. The dealer said the battery was fine, but I know when the battery is the problem, and asked them to replace it anyway. They did under the prorated warranty, and I've had no more problems. The batteries only seem to last about 2 years.
  • smokindeesmokindee Member Posts: 4
    I recently purchased a pre-owned certified 2010 Maxima with monitor, navigation and technology package. Car has 17,000 miles. Same thing has occurred on three occasions. Dealer unable to duplicate but says battery is fine. Car started after being left alone for a while.
    I own a 2010 Max, and was also having problems with having the Battery going dead too soon,,if I did any car computer work for awhile, the car wouldn't start,,I have 17000 Mi. on the car now. I took it in to the dealer, and they charged me 50 bucks to replace it,,problem solved??? I never owned a car where the battery failed in such a short time!! I think they have a problem with who ever built there batterys and the easy fix?? Charge the customer to fix it,,NOW THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!! WAKE THE HELL UP NISSAN,,people want to save money in todays economy,,and not give the car industry MORE MONEY HANDOUTS for the mistakes they cause!!! I'm giving my soapbox back to whoever wants to let loose now!!!
    edited November 2011
    Relax, it isn't Nissan's fault. All manufacturers are having the same problem with batteries. Same thing happened to our Altima and both of our Honda Pilots. They die almost 2 years on the nose. With more and more electronic equipment on cars, batteries are subjected to far greater loads than ever before, and the heat in southern climates kills them. I do agree that a prorated warranty is a bit useless though. This is the battery manufacturers' warranty and somethimes it is better to go to Walmart or Autozone and get a replacement battery that has a 3 or 5 year full replacement warranty, for the same money you'll pay for the prorated "warranty" replacement at the dealer.
    BTW Nissan has not received any government handouts, and I won't buy from a manufacturer that has.
    Great response on the battery issues being an industry problem. The OEM batteries just aren't designed to the same specs as a heavy-duty replacement battery. They are designed as a three-year battery for an "average" car that doesn't have all of the electronics when every bell and whistle is added.

As far as "government handouts", don't ignore the fact that they more of a loan than a handout and that they've turned out to be some of the best investments that a government ever made. Between the direct return on investment and the indirect tax revenues that were preserved, the "big auto bailout" is likely one of the very few things that the government has gotten right lately.

And no, I don't work for an auto company.
    I was told by the dealer that the Battery installed was a weak one to (pardon the pun here) START with,,so I do not know why they would put that in one of thier top price cars!! I have had Caddys to Corvettes in the past loaded with computers, and never replaced a battery in so short of a time span! It was a bad choice of words that said, Gov't. Handouts,,I should have wrote Corp. "welfare" payments. I worked for another one of the giant "WELFARE" industrys called,, Railroads! And they are still getting checks from US,,the taxpayers. Thanks for your responce.
    Hi All,

I'm not having any battery issues with my Max and it has 27k miles on it currently. At some point, as with all cars, the battery will go and need to be replaced. I was just curious, what are suppose to be some of the best replacement batteries out there? I'm obviously not going to have Nissan replace it when it does go since they'll just replace it with the same OEM crap.
    I replaced one with the dealer,,but remember it only cost me 50 bucks and,,the battery was a better one then what the factory sent with the car,,I can't give a answer to which battery is the best because I haven't had to have on installed for Yrs. Maybe 20 Yrs.
  • superta329superta329 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 Maxima and already bought a new battery. I took it down to a local tint shop and it took them about 2 1/2 hours to tint out. When the went to start the car it clicked. The inside light is the only light that was on. The jumped it and it was fine. About 3 weeks later I got out of the car and left the ignition on and 1 hour or so later went out to start car and clicked again.

I know it was my fault for leaving the ignition on and the tint shop probably shouldn't of left the inside lights on but I have never had any battery die like that, especially a brand new one. I went to Pep Boys and bought a red top Optima batter and now I feel secure. I bought a Yellow top 6 years ago for my other vehicle with a nice sound system running 2 high powered amps and never once has it died. Even left the inside light on a couple times over night. Red Top isn't as strong as the yellow but rest assure you will have a piece of mind when you go to hit the Start button for years to come. Yellow top will not fit and the red top was a bit tricky installing cause the posts are opposite setup then the factory battery. I wonder if Nissan will give me money back for the factory battery?