Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Nissan Maxima

Comments

• LASpursLASpurs Posts: 13
    I absolutely hate DRL's, they look ridiculous on a car. The lights on Audi's and Mercedes are more for show, not like the continously lit headlights on other cars.

In CA there, thankfully, is no law regarding them (as far as I know), if a car had them I wouldn't buy it out of principle as I think they look absolutely zzhite!

I love my 2009 SV with Sport and Tech Maxima. The best car I have ever owned (and I have owned 3 Altimas, 2 Maxima's, 2 Muranos and 1 G35 Coupe as I used to work for Nissan Corp).
  • poodog13poodog13 Posts: 320
    Wow, never head any one express an opinion on the look of DRL's before, let alone one this strong. I don't get it. What is it that bothers you so much. Just the whole idea of having lights on during the day? It's not like the car itself actually looks any different other than having the lights on. Most objections that I've heard in the past have more to do with replacement cost after burnout.
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    I'm with you on this one! Personally I like DRLs and I think Nissan and Infiniti would be smart to put some type of White LED DRLs on the front of the Max and the rest of their products which would go to complement the really cool RED LED tailight patterns they already have!!!

Just My Two Cents!!!
  • LASpursLASpurs Posts: 13
    Hahaha I just hate them. I don't mind the small white LEDS on the Mercs and Audis. Having your headlights on during the day looks absolutely crap though. Where are we living, Sweden??!

Many moons ago I almost bought a Volkswagen Passat, not knowing they had DRL's. I had pretty much worked out a deal to buy it when I found out about the continous lights. I cancelled it there and then. They offered to tinker with it so I could turn them off but that did me with the car.

I got the Infiniti G35 Coupe instead, I was glad I did :P

:) :) :)
  • swtnblkswtnblk Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    I purchased my Maxima about 2 weeks ago. While driving I hear a constant whistle sound that comes from either the window the sunroof or ? I took it to the dealer and they said it was wind turbulence WTH. I wouldnt think that a car like this would have so much exterior noise. Anyone have this problem? The other thing Ive found is the driver side seat vibrates alot while driving. Is that normal?

:mad: :confuse: :(
    OMG I thought I was the only person hearing this wind or some kind of whistle noise. I took it back to the dealer and they think its some kind of wind turbulence, what is that. I just posted the same thing if you find anything out please post.

:mad: :confuse:
    their is a TSB and recall on the driver seat rocking and moving so you need to have that taken in and fixed by your Nissan dealer!

I'm surprised you are having problems with wind noise! I haven't heard that much wind noise in the car, but what I have heard a ton of noise with is road noise with the tires,etc! I have been told that is the RS-As and that they are a really noisy tire and tirerack.com seems to support this with the reviews I've read! can't wait for them to wear out so I can get a better handling and quieter tire put on the car, maybe a Michelin!!
    Hi all, listen I was hoping someone can give me some information and opinions about what I should do! I have a 10 Maxima SV which is about 6 months old right now! When I first got the car, I noticed that the back part of the passenger front seat vibrated and shaked violently at times while driving and nobody was sitting in it! Usually it gets really bad on secondary road, especially ones with any kind of bumps, rough patches etc!

last October, right after I got it, I brought it into the dealership and service advisor told me their was a TSB for the passenger seat just like for the driver seat in both the 09 and 10 Max and that they had to order new parts and detach the seat and reattach it with the new parts to tighten and fix it so that it didn't shake anymore!

had the work done last October and it seemed to help a little bit, though I still noticed the shaking and vibrating still to a mild extent even after getting it back; now, after a few months, the seat is really beginning to shake and vibrate severely again, to the point that today when I was out for a Sunday drive, when ever I went over moderate to severe bumps on 2ndary road the seat has started to make a rattle/noise when it shakes!

I don't know what to do? I'm at a lost because its been in already and its beginning to be quite annoying and distraction because the seat aligns right up with my peripheral vision when I'm looking forward and trying to drive and this seat shaking is becoming a distraction when I drive! What do you all suggest that I do? any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! I've never ever had this with a car before, and I have a FX35 which has a tremendously rougher/harsher ride then the Maxima and those seats don't vibrate!
    I dont know what a TSB is. Also is there a TSB on the passenger seat? :confuse:
    a TSB is short for technical service bulletin; it's basically a small report put out by each manufacturer each month listing a couple of possible problems with their vehicles and suggested or recommended ways to repair them by the dealership!

the service advisor at my local Nissan dealership said their was a TSB for the driver and passenger front seats! my concern is, I've all ready had the repair work done to the seat and problem is getting worse and persisting so I don't know what else Nissan could do! this is pretty unacceptable for an almost 38k dollar vehicle!! I don't know what to do!
  • jeff618jeff618 Posts: 29
    I've discovered the 28" wiper blades for the nissan maxima are a little tough to find - especially the newer-style, frameless replacement wipers. I found the 'Trico Tech Beam Blades' online and they work pretty slick. They just came out in late 2009 and what's cool is they have a lower, slighty off-set attachment mounting that allows the wiper arms to sit slightly lower. They’re beefy as hell and look slick with the lower mounts. Wipe clean and quietly without chatter. Came with removal and replacement instructions - easy install. Picked them up online.
  • kfdmedkfdmed Posts: 130
    Shopping the 2010 Maxima SV to replace a 2000 Olds Intrigue.
    Nissan now offers 60 month 0% and $500 bonus cash.
    I am in no hurry to purchase.
    Does anyone have a guess on what the incentives will be later in the year?
    I so agree this 38k car should not have all the problems that it has. I think the ride should be smooth as he**. First I thought I was seeing things when my purse was shaken in the passenger seat, then I had a taco bell bag in the seat and it shook also. Funny thing is that I can feel the vibration in the steering wheel to. So I called the dealship and they say that they havent heard anything about the vibration of the seat. Im taken it in on Thursday so well see. Im starting to wonder if the new Maxima is just a pretty car with a rough ride.

:( :mad: :confuse:
  • poodog13poodog13 Posts: 320
    I certainly wouldn't expect the incentives to be much better than that.
    edited March 2010
    to be honest with you, I don't know if you have the sport package or not, which if you do gives the car a rougher ride, but I have the base SV with tech and I actually like the ride quality of the car; I'm not having any vibrations in the pedals or steering wheel like you are and that maybe a sign you need your tires balance or an alignment!

listen to this, when I first got my Max, I has exactly what you do, shimmy/vibration in the wheel, pedals, etc - took it back after only having it two weeks and told the guys my problems and I said rebalance the tires and do a alignment - well they did, and guess what, all four tires came from the factory misbalanced and the alignment was moderately off from the factory as well! can you believe that :cry: if I hadn't gone back and complained I would have driven around with a 38k dollar car with unbalanced tires and a mis-alignment and when my tires started to have uneven wear at 10k, you know who Nissan would blame, ME!!!

Nissan's new and used car prep department is a joke; now from now on, whenever I get a new car I'm going to have to nag the service depart to check the balancing and alignment of the cars from the factory before I drive it off the lot! absolutely ridiculous!

I suggest you have them balance your tires and do a alignment when you take it in; that should get rid or the shimmy/vibrations in the pedals and steering wheel because it did on mine; the passenger seat shaking/vibrating is a whole separate problem and their is a TSB for it so make sure you tell them that! plus, the tech told me that the TSB is for the 2009 models but the 2010s have the exact same seat set-up so it will work for the 2010s as well

I still have to take my car back in and complain about the passenger seat! I hope they are going to be able to fix it because it looks ridiculous and they have already replaced the supposed defective parts of the seats so I don't know what they will do differently to rectify the problem!
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Posts: 103
    edited March 2010
    Sorry you guys are having issues. Mine has been running great..no vibrations or seat shifting. If I keep my foot out of it, I'm getting 28-29 mpg on the open road and averaging 25.2 for all driving. The RSA Goodyears are not the greatest tire and I have had some of the RSA's on past cars that were actually out of round! Good advice by the previous poster to check balance and alignment. A seat of the pants shake usually denotes rear tires needing help. This vibaration issue is not an inherent problem with this model . I did not go with the sport model because of the 40 series side wall profile due to a possible rougher ride.
    The maxima is a lot of car but they missed the retail price point rather badly..(Nearly 40K for mine) Fortunately there are great deals and no one should pay anywhere close to sticker. I came out of a loaded 07 Accord and hated the cheapened up 2010 Accord so much that I came over to Nissan (Honda removed things like the LED Tail lights, Electro luminesent dash.. crappy leather quality and the final straw..the engine cylinder shut off feature (VCM) that makes the car vibrate and the fuel enconomy was not good as the 07 though the VCM was suppposed to offset this deficit). I have not had this much in the way of equipment that you could not get on the Honda at any price.. Granted... maybe and apple to an orange comparison till you run the leasing numbers and see the spread from the loaded 2010 Honda Accord to the Maxima was only forty bucks more monthly) The Honda however does set the standard for boring reliabilty. I hope the Maxima come close. Good luck.
    don't get me wrong, I don't want it to sound like I hate my car, because nothing could be further from the truth! except for a few MINOR issues I love the car, how it drives, and the gas mileage has been wonderful for the engine and torque under that hood!!! :shades: you would not believe how many people on and off the road look and stare at my car and give me the thumbs up from time to time!!! most of the issues were fixed when the dealership rebalanced and did a all wheel alignment! that was a simple solution

I just don't understand how a car can come to a factory like that and then not be checked either before it leaves the factory or given to the customer by the dealership for balance and alignment issues because those things can wreak havoc not only on your tires but other things with your car further down the line and you know Nissan and any other car manufacture for that matter will not take responsibility down the road if you don't catch it soon enough
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Posts: 103
    edited March 2010
    You have a solid point on the dealer prep that should include a check of tires and alignment. I had a new 05 Accord that needed to be aligned . The steering wheel was not even centered!

I'm thinking down the road about my dealer..I hear they are charging 85 bucks for an oil change because of the Ester oil Nissan uses. After my first free oil change I have news for them, I won't pay that price and will opt for the regular dino 5 w 30 oil. (I researched the fact this this is ok for the waranty) What do the rest of you think? Down the road I'll go with the Mobil 1 full synthetic oil.
    edited March 2010
    I didn't even get a free first oil change from my [non-permissible content removed] Nissan dealership!! I never go to them to have the oil/filter, etc done! they don't even have a waiting room to sit down in if you have to have your car serviced their for whatever reason! all they have is a hard wooden bench outside the service advisory area that can maybe sit 3-4 people and soda vending machine! there are no loaner cars either! God help you if you have to have warranty or repair work done during the week! no way for you to get to work unless you have really nice friends or family that can help you out!

all they offer is a free shuttle service that only comes by every 2 hours! how freakin helpful is that :confuse:

I only went with my local Nissan dealer because I had a $1000 coupon from the owner of the dealerships that I could use on a lease or purchase of a new vehicle which I obviously wanted to take advantage of since I couldn't use it any where else! I would never get another Nissan here because of how lousy the sales and service departments are; there are much nicer Nissan dealerships 20-30 minutes away from where I live that I would go; I'd even thought of taking it to my Infiniti dealer where my FX35 gets serviced ;) hey Infiniti is Nissan so there shouldn't be a problem taking my Maxima there :P hey, the Maxima looks enough like an Infiniti, the Infiniti techs probably wouldn't know the difference ;)
  • afaberafaber Posts: 2
    Regarding servicing, my Infiniti dealer says they can do any servicing on the Maxima except for warranty work. I sold an I35 to get my Maxima, and really have liked the service experience at the Infiniti dealer. It's more expensive, but definitely more civilized.