Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Cadillac SRX

Comments

• I just had my SRX for 1 month. Last week the electronic control system for the heated and cooled seats, and air conditioning went completely out. It was late one night. Next day it worked again. Then it happened 3 days later. Took it back to the dealership and said they had to re-set it. It went out 3 days later once more and again started working the next time I started the car. Anyone else have this problem?
  • kec11kec11 Posts: 11
    I've been going nuts as there were hardly any platinum ice SRX's on any lot here in Chicago. But went to Rizza Cadillac in Orland Park (long drive from downtown Chicago) and they had two performance with 20" chrome wheels in stock. I took the one with custom pin stripes that matched the shale & chocolate interior. Absolutely love it. I mention Rizza because they gave me an unbelievable trade-in on my previous 2005 SRX. I currently get 5 more miles to the gallon in city driving (16 mpg vs 11) but also that's because my average speed is always in the lower teens from stop and go traffic.

Great ride, no problems yet (but I had very few problems on my 2005 which is what convinced me to get another.

Like the higher seat positioning and am crazy about the front fluorescent lighting pipes (that audi started) and the interior led ambient lighting stripe the runs across the full dashboard and all 4 doors.

I really wanted the rear entertainment system because of the extra sub-woofer, but couldn't wait any more and that's the only thing I wish I had more of is the bass (sounds deeper at lower levels).

Never had 20" wheels before and they kind of make a flop noise when hitting a bump plus they square off if you leave the car sitting in the cold for 24hrs and take about 500 feet to smooth out round again.

I'll keep you posted, with how the beauty does over the next months
  • parmparm Posts: 723
    Just returned from the Indianapolis car show where there was a CTS Sport Wagon on display which my wife and I loved. Unfortunately, they didn't have an SRX at the show, which leads to my question. Both the Wagon and the SRX are only AWD (vs. a preferred 4WD). While there are some minor variances with regard to engine choices, both cars seem to be singing from the same hymnal (4 door AWD with a rear hatch). The only major difference I can see is that the SRX has a higher ground clearance. Maybe the SRX has a 3-row seat? So, what niche does each car serve?
  • roho1roho1 Posts: 317
    CTS Sport wagon is available in a RWD and the SRX has FWD. Not sure what you mean about a preferred 4wd?
  • parmparm Posts: 723
    When optioned, both cars are available with all wheel drive (AWD). So, both would be equal in that regard. Neither car is a true 4 wheel drive which is different as AWD - the latter of which is not NEARLY as effective in the snow, trust me.. The Sport Wagon is based on the CTS platform. The SRX is too, right?
    Edmond's says that the SRX is distantly based on the Saturn Vue. It's 5 passenger only. I got this from Edmond's review here, "http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/srx/review.html"

For either drive train I'm convinced from experience that the most important way to have traction in snow is to have good snow tires. I owned a RWD car with blizzac snows and passed many 4wd trucks in the ditch. AWD and 4WD is overrated and expensive. You still need to be able to stop.
  • csbktxcsbktx Posts: 1
    Regarding the battery post earlier, we have woken up twice now to find the car completely dead in the morning, about 3 months apart between incidents. The roadside assistance came by the first time and told my wife she left an interior light on. I thought that was odd because my 7 year old Maxima shuts off automatically if you do this. After this second time, I recharged and turned several lights on. They all went off on their own after 15-20 minutes, so this is not on my shoulders as the service man was trying to blame us. Also the battery makes a high pitch noise, even when dead, when just sitting there. I think it's just bad.

Has anyone else has problems pumping gas in theirs? Every gas station we go to, it clicks off after 2 seconds, have to turn the gas nozzle upside down to prevent it. Not fun during the winter and we tried different stations. Had service at James Wood in Denton tell us they couldn't reproduce it (convenient) and they refused to go to a gas pump with us to show them either. They told us to find a pump where it works and just use that one!

What awesome Cadillac service we've had so far!!!!! *sarcasm*
  • I have also had trouble pumping gas! I went today for the first time to fill it up, and it would go for about 2 seconds and shut off. I thought there was a problem with the pump so I moved to another one. Same issue. It apparently did not keep the fuel pump nozzle at the correct angle so I had to physically hold it up while pumping (annoying when it is 30 degrees outside.) Then it still cut off when the tank was only 3/4 full. I just gave up. Also, this is a gas station that I go to regularly and have for years. I got my car at Sewell and plan to talk to them about this issue. Glad I'm not the only one.
  • I occasionally have a problem with gas shutting off right away or well before tank is fueled on cars I own. Usually I can correct it by not squeezing as hard on trigger (I rarely set the auto fuel trigger) or not jamming the nozzle in quite as far. If the fuel is going in to hard and fast I think it more readily triggers the nozzle off ... air has to get out of the tank to be replaced by the fuel.

Meanwhile, I will take the old SRX over the new one for styling. The new one looks like someone squeezed the car on both ends, leading to a bulging look on the sides and roofline, and a fat looking from. And I'm starting to get tired of the chiseled look.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    The problem is that the nozzle tip makes contact with the filler tube and that changes the flow pressure of the gasoline. When the fuel pump senses the pressure drop it cuts off. You can avoid this by adjusting the nozzle so that its tip doesn't does not come in contact with the tube. This is essentially what deena808 discovered. It may be possible to make the adjustment so that you don't need to continue holding the nozzle in place.

Give that a try and let us know what happens.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • glmurglmur Posts: 4
    Weird only the right side of my srx is thumpy when you hit jus the smallest bump now its not all the time maybe 85% of the time. I am so disgusted because its a new vehicle i took it to the shop they thought it was a strut and replaced it and it was not that.. so now its going back into the shop again. I had a 2007 cts and brought it new had no problems. Is anyone hearing and thumping on the rightside of their vehicle.. also one time i filled the car up and the pump did not dhut off gas was running everywhere. so now im scared to fill it up. one time the pump just kept shuting off. im wobdering what i got myself into. this is crazy
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Posts: 219
    2010 SRX comes with "cargo management system", a u-shaped track which holds a bar to secure cargo. The bar didn't come with the vehicle. Where can I get one?
  • bob308bob308 Posts: 2
    I have same problem and dealer says GM is working on a fix and they will call within 30 days (25 days ago). With about 3/4 tank full, sometimes the thud is very bothersome. I hope they fix it, can't imagine a $42,000 car with such a problem.
  • maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    Hello, 2010 Cadillac SRX owners. Could you please tell me where the spare tire for this vehicle is located? Also, is the spare a full-size spare or a donut-type? Thanks
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Posts: 219
    There is no spare. Just a can of fix-a-flat and the OnStar button to call for help.
  • jim1462jim1462 Posts: 40
    Plus a plug-in inflator pump
    Uh -- okay. You're kidding me, right?? How can this car not have a spare?? I could see if it has run-flat tires! Was there no room under the car to put a spare??

Geesh! And I was complaining that the 2010 Lexus RX350 has a donut tire instead of a full-sized spare, like I have on my '07 RX350. And believe me, I didn't have my car barely a year when
    I had to switch out the spare for one of my tires because of a large nail that got embedded near the sidwall. It saved me quite a bit money-wise at the time.

Oh, boy. I'm starting to think I should just buy my '07 RX when my lease ends! :P
  • lacolaco Posts: 28
    Test drove an SRX a few days ago. Anyone else think there is too much engine noise? I thought the car felt underpowered. It also seemed like the transmission was hunting a lot. And yes the no spare was not a selling point to me.
  • Unreal: loaded Caddy for $1000's less then it's competitors & you want a spare to.
    Go to any GM dealer & buy one in fact I got it for $295.00 & still 1000's less then Lexus or others!
    Far as speed & HP it's a Crossover/SUV not a damn SPORTS car!
    Okay, Mr. Smarty-pants, so where do you plan on putting this spare tire that you bought??

And, by the way, every car that I've purchased in the last 20 years or so has had a spare tire included; so, no, I don't think that's too much to ask!!!
  • lacolaco Posts: 28
    I agree, the spare should be supplied as well as appropreate storage for it. Although its not a sports car, is it too much to ask that it not feel underpowered, and that the transmission not do so much hunting? It is, after all a Cadillac.
  • jim1462jim1462 Posts: 40
    A spare tire just takes up space and adds weight.The new breed of tires today do not go flat as soon as you pick up a nail. With the TPMS you get an advance warning of a problem. The sealer/tire inflator.should get you to a tire repair facility. If a bigger problem, you have On Star. We have had our 2010 SRX for two weeks and it has plenty of quite power with a smooth shifting transmision. This is a very high fidelty automobile at an absolute bargain price.
  • Easy!
    Leave it in my garage!
    Most of my driving is local if I need it call some one or "OnStar" to pick it up for me.
    Out of state driving throw the donut & jack in the back & I'm set to go!
    Driving 36 years & maybe 3 flats total so really not expecting any but set if I do?
    "Leave it in my garage."?? I certainly don't have room in my garage for a spare tire. That's just ridiculous! I've had too many issues with nails in the tires of the cars I have driven in all these years to have to deal with it. Sorry, but although I was really excited about the new Cadillac -- and, yes, it most probably is a bargain compared to the Lexus for what you get for the price, the lack of a spare may keep it out of the ballgame for me.

And as for out-of-state driving, there would certainly be no room to be putting a spare tire loose in the cargo area of this vehicle as I would probably have the cargo area full of luggage and whatnot. I mean, come on, Guys! This is really not a very "intuitive" thing that was thought out here.
  • glmurglmur Posts: 4
    Its very irritating, and your right for 42k there is no way this should be happening. I feel like I been ripped off.
  • ussubsussubs Posts: 1
    I drove the Lexus RS350, the Acura RDX, the Mercedes GLK and the Audi Q5 and I bought the AWD 2010 SRX. Comfortable, great styling, quiet, with an incredible navigation system. The Audi was the best driver's car in that it felt like a sports car to drive (you felt every bump as well) but the SRX was the second best connection to the road and all of the other features at the most competitive price had me choosing the SRX.

I don't think that the lack of a spare is a serious issue. SImply seal the flat, reinflate and head for a replacement. Flats don't happen enough for this to be a significant factor.

All in all a great car for N. Idaho for the wife and I and with so much better styling than the competition. Buy American!
  • No way you should feel ripped off.
    You should of known there was no spare long before buying it.
    If no spare is such a big deal, move on & buy something else!
    Your criticism is a little harsh. How many other family vehicles don't come with a spare? The salesman should have informed the customer before the purchase.
  • Most cars today do not come with a spare, tire kits only.
    BMW comes to mind let along a lot of higher end cars.

Sorry I do not mean to be harsh, but it not the salesman job to fill every detail of a car.
    Consumer should be well aware of what they are buying in fact know more then the sales person!
  • My 2010 SRX has the nav. I've had it about two weeks. The Traffic part of NAv and the Airport Weather conditions stopped working. I called XM to sign up for 3 years after the free 90 days of XM.

They sent a signal to the car asking me to keep it on for 20 minutes, channel 1 XM and NAV screen pulled up. I've now called and had the reset signal sent 3 separate days but still no Traffic or Weather.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions short of taking it to the dealer? Thanks.