Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Cadillac SRX

Comments

• kec11kec11 Posts: 11
    Yes, my salesman was at GM for training and they said the rack wouldn't be ready due to flaws and substituted the mesh tie down instead
  • john436john436 Posts: 5
    Does any know if it is possible to buy a spare tire kit for the 2019 SRX? The owner's manual, p 9-84, indicates that one exists.

I have called the Caddillac 800 number twice and the customer service people have not called me back. They did not seem to know much anyway.
  • maximafanmaximafan Posts: 592
    john436, I thought I had read somewhere on these forums where there is a spare tire kit available for the 2010 SRX. I even remember a price of like $300 for it. But I'm not sure if it was in the Edmunds forums. You might also try to check on the cadillacowners.com forums. Have you tried contacting your local Cadillac dealer by any chance? Hopefully, they can answer that question for you. I may be taking a test drive in the near future of the 2010 SRX, as my lease on my Lexus is coming up in August.

I plan on inquiring about the spare tire kit also.
    Hi, Guys. I went by my local Cadillac dealer in Tampa today before they opened up so I could take a look at the 2010 SRX's on the lot. Apparently, this dealership is now offering 18-inch chome wheels for the Luxury model, priced at around $2,495. They look very nice, much better than the regular 18-inchers that have been coming on the Luxury models.

One thing that I did not like that this dealership seems to be doing is adding a bunch of protection packages on a little side slip of paper in addition to the sticker that's on the car. It's unbelievable! There's about $1200 of add-ons such as paint protection, leather seat protection, something called Zylon -- don't know what that's for -- and something else. I'm wondering if those of you who have purchased the 2010 SRX had to deal with these add-ons and if you were able to refuse them.

I also saw a black SRX 2.8 Turbo with 270/45-20-inch spider-type rims on it. It was gorgeous! Reminded me of almost like an Infiniti FX, but prettier.

I really wasn't expecting to feel this way, but it looks like the 2010 SRX has jumped ahead of the 2010 RX350, which is saying a lot, as I'm coming from a 2007 RX350 with four months left on my lease! :shades:
  • bdymentbdyment Posts: 549
    I believe that the spare tire comes standard on the SRX in Canada. Have your dealer contact GM Canada and see if they can supply the spare tire kit for you.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    edited April 2010
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. I apologize that no one has gotten back with you. The spare tire option is available for the fleet and government vehicles only at this time. However, I would check with your local dealership to see if they have a spare tire for your vehicle. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • jim1462jim1462 Posts: 40
    Cadillac dealers in the Florida panhandle do not have dealer add on's on 2010 SRX's. ( Sam Taylor Ft. Walton Beach, Vince Wiebe Pensacola) They will also discount.
    Thanks for responding, jim1462. The funny thing is, for the 2010
    Lexus RX350, the local Lexus dealer is also doing the little add-ons also, which this dealer did not do back in '06 when I got my Lexus!
  • Yes, the spare tire kit is available. I'd planned to pick one up but still haven't done it.There was a price increase and the last quoted price I saw was $336 + shipping.

By the way, I've had my SRX for just over a month now and *love* it.
  • That's unfortunate about the add-ons. The dealer I purchased from didn't have the extras. I did opt for a paint protection/3M clear shield kit that was installed after purchase.
  • john436john436 Posts: 5
    I followed up on an earlier email and found out today that the kit is available. Apparently the kit includes the encasing, the donut tire and the jacks. The price I was quoted that includes the kit, shipping and installation was $600. I agree this make a great car even better. A note of thanks to the person that shared with me that the kit was available in Canada - this encouraged me to follow-up on the item. The salesman originally told me that a kit was not available.
  • bennett74bennett74 Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    I just purchased the SRX Luxury Collection w/Nav & Sunroof. The car have a very nice ride and is very comfortable. I went to two dealerships & the salesperson at the first one told me that the car could be set to have the remote in your purse & the car door would open. The second salesperson told me that you pull on the handle once & the second time you pull it, it opens the car (with the remote in your purse). After I had the car for one day, I called the dealership where I purchased the car to find out how to program the keyless entry. The feature that operates the keyless entry is called keyless access. This feature is not even available until you get to the Premium level.
  • kec11kec11 Posts: 11
    That's correct. It's only available on the top premium model and is referred to as Passive Entry in the book. There is a little square visible on the door handle for the SRx's that have this feature
  • Can this feature be added on the luxury srx? I asked my dealership & they said no. After the salesperson gave me the wrong information, I'm not sure about their knowledge.
  • crucialcrucial Posts: 35
    edited April 2010
    Posted somewhere that GMC is releasing 2011 Cadillac SRX as soon as June 2010. Can anyone confirm this release date? For 2011, GMC replaces Caribbean Blue with Mocha Steel and Black Ice.

Wish list for 2011:

1. Better glue for those chrome pieces under the side mirrors (so they are not falling off like the 2010 SRX)

2. Re-tune transmission and engine for better sync and better mileage.

3. Re-tune the Turbo V6 and 94 octane premium fuel so there would be no GMC's "mega blow up" :sick:

4. Driver's seat should wait until the SRX is started to return the seat to the normal set position. The seat move all the way back for "easy exit" then move back to memory position before driver re-enter the car . The reason for "easy exit and entry" is to make it easy to get in/out of the vehicle. Moving the seat forward before entering defeats the whole purpose the seat was moved back in the first place. :confuse:

Wishes that landed on GMC 's deaf ears and will be ignored:

5. Use the CTS 3.6 V6 instead of 3.0 V6 :cry:

6. Include a spare tire
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. The Cadillac 2011 SRX is scheduled to start production mid July of 2010. It usually takes 6-8 weeks before you will see them at the dealerships. Thank you,
    Hello,
    I am from GM Customer Service. The keyless access is only available on the 2010 SRX FWD Premium Collection, and the AWD Turbo Premium Collection and Premium Collection. I am not showing that they can add on this feature to other trim levels. Thank you,
    Hi, GMCUSTSVC. Thanks for responding to the questions of the members on this forum. I was wondering if you might be able to tell us what if any changes or improvements will be offered on the 2011 SRX, and any exterior color changes also.

Thanks
    Hello Maximafan,
    You're welcome! :) Right now we don't have any specifics on the 2011 SRX; we will have more information closer to the build out date that I gave you. If you want to talk with me again a little closer to that time frame I should have more information to give you. Thank you,
  • twinmom111twinmom111 Posts: 1
    Could you tell me if I am able to order a 2010 SRX or not?