Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Forte vs Honda Civic

2»

Comments

• arrasarras Posts: 4
    I recently test drove a Forte while shopping around and found the Forte interior, inferior. The cheapest plastics were used for door handles, buttons, and even the lining in the trunk. In fact, I thought the power window button was so flimsy it would break if I kept testing it out. All in all, the engine was great, the ride was smooth, but the interior design is cheap, cheap, cheap!

Cheers!
  • I've had a Kia and many others. It still remains to be seen the new Era of Kia's and the lasting power vs. what we know Honda. I will tell you that my Koup has been trouble free and with the bumper to bumper that you get..... Why not.
  • Kia or Honda? Whoa, ask yourself one question...who has proven themselves over and over? There's your answer. I think by choosing a Hyundai or Kia over a Toyota, or Honda, is a serious mistake...especially after the car gets a bit older.
  • jimpimmsjimpimms Pittsfield MAPosts: 81
    One thing you Honda guys always overlook is the uncomfortable front seats, lousy sound insulation, and poor stopping ability. Everyone of my friends with Honda Civics hate that they're under-braked -- one (Civic Si) even had an accident (not his fault) that he's convinced would have been avoided in almost any other vehicle. Another friend has an Accord Coupe. After being bumped twice in parking lots, she finally had both bumpers repaired (I assume recovered). Within two weeks there was another large chunk missing from the rear bumper. Why? There's no structure behind the plastic cover. Honda drivetrains are eminently reliable, and because of that they have great resale value. But they're no longer great cars. Check this Edmunds review on the 2011 Accord SE:
    http://www.edmunds.com/honda/accord/2011/testdrive.html
  • You're kidding right? I'm sorry but American cars do not hold a candle to the competition. If you want reliability, choose Japanese. If you want prestige, choose European. If you can't afford either of those, take the bus.

Buying an American car will lead you to a lot of trips to the shop and you will definatley NOT be happier in the long run, I guarantee it.
  • conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    your replying to some one from nearly 3 years ago :confuse:
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    We have a revised 2013 Civic and a brand new 2014 Forte. Let the games begin!

• Is it just me or does the 2014 Forte interior look very similar to the 2013 Civic? Not surprised cause I always thought the previous Forte (pre-2014) looked exactly like the Civic. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,702
    Nope, totally different...don't see anything that is similar really. The Forte is nicer though and will sell a bunch I predict. Being a Civic owner, I just do not like the 2012 or 2013 and would never buy another. They need to shrink the new Accord and sell that as the Civic as the Accord is a home run for Honda. If I had to purchase new right now, no Honda would be on my short list! Honda, y'all need to do some serious work here folks!

The Unimpressed Sandman :( :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

to me the Civic looks gawdy and cluttered in comparison to the Forte - see what you think

three more:

• thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Is it just me or does the 2014 Forte interior look very similar to the 2013 Civic?

It may be just you. The Civic has a two-tiered layout that nobody else has dared imitate. The Kia looks a good bit more upscale than the Civic to my eyes.
  • teddwteddw Posts: 1
    Obviously your comment was meant to be flippant and not very helpful, but it was too tempting not to address.

This advise "If you want reliability, choose Japanese. If you want prestige, choose European. If you can't afford either of those, take the bus." might have been relevant 30 years ago, but not so much today. Primarily because most cars are manufactured by multi-national corporations. The corporate headquarters may be in Detroit Michigan or Tokyo Japan but the cars are assembled in many different countries. The parts that go into said cars are manufactured all over the world. The consumer would be better served to research each individual car and not be concerned with the brand headquarters' country of origin. My personal opinion would be to dissuade most individuals from relying on public transit in most cities.
2»