Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Odyssey GPS Navigation System

1454647484951»

Comments

• I am trying to help a friend out who has a 2013 Ody with integrated GPS.

I have read the manual multiple times and searched the forums as well with no luck.

What do the blue five-sided icons with numbers in them represent?

Thanks, Patch
  • We have been seeing this error intermittently, along with a clicking noise as the NAV tries to read the disc. I even hear the clicking sometimes when the system is actually working. I installed the latest update over the summer. I'm going to try a DVD laser cleaning kit and I'll try cleaning the DVD. I'm just hoping it isn't a problem with the NAV.

Thanks.
  • Is it possible to restore a lost address book? We had some body work done recently and when my wife picked up the car her address book was wiped clean.

Thanks.
  • Have a 2013 Odyssey Touring. Set nav to maximum freeway enter address, nav system guides you shortest distance, not freeway. I had a 2010 model and it worked perfectly fine. Took it to the dealer and got no where, I have to go back. In the mean time has anybody had a similar problem ?
  • loncrayloncray Posts: 301
    Patch, what state are you in? I'm wondering if your five-sided coins aren't just local highway numbers. Virginia uses a rounded upside-down triangle for VA routes and the Ody navi shows them as such.
  • That is what I thought originally, but they seem to appear randomly. They change (different numbers on the same road) and a lot of them are just simple small streets in the suburbs, certainly not local highways.

Thanks, Patch
  • KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,495
    If they resemble this...
    ...they are county route numbers.

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

• Yes I have same issue. it never takes the right route. highway is right in front of my appt and it take 6 turns to reach it. planning to take to dealership today
  • hfly1hfly1 Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 Odyssey with the 2009 map disk. If I want to fully update my maps do I need to get all the disks from 2010 to 2014?
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,225
    No, just the newest. I did this once on our '05 Ody and it was a complete waste of money. Still roads missing that have been there for years and POI's were severely lacking. Google maps on smartphone is 100x better to find things. then just poke the address into the OEM nav.
  • th8th8 Posts: 3
    Yes, I just bought a 2013 Touring Elite. Paid alot for it but came with GPS data that is years outdated. What a huge disappointment. When I emailed my salesperson at Criswell, he blew me off.