Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• isles1isles1 Posts: 110
    Find a dealer that does not mark up the "buy rate" money factor.

What "deal" are they discounting? What is the negotiated sales price? What is the MSRP? What is the invoice?
    All looks good except the $489 doc fee. Cross it out...the dealer is padding the deal with it, negating a good portion of your MF buy down. Part of the doc fee might be the title fee, which is legit...you have to ask the dealer break it out for you.

You could probably get AudiCare for $30-$50 less, but that is really splitting hairs.

Most people advise against letting the dealer do tint. Price for tint seems fair, but that all depends on the brand of tint and what windows you are tinting.
  • I know the doc fee is padding but we are pretty much at invoice on the deal...they might be making a few $ on tint, doc fee and Audi Care but I feel it is pretty solid..I haven't seen many near invoice deals on an S4 on here
    Yes, it looks like you are within a few hundred of invoice re: selling price. I cannot duplicate your MSRP and listed option here on Edmunds to get exact invoice.

As long as you are okay adding $489 to the amount over invoice, then the deal is certainly fair. I really do not see how it can hurt to object to the doc fees, especially if you are in an area with several dealers. The car is on the lot, MY2014 order sheets are only a few months away. I am sure they are looking to move 2013s.

Not sure if you are leasing or buying, but watch the interest rates as that is another way a dealer can pad the deal.
  • daveg35daveg35 Posts: 7
    edited February 2013
    After discovering that my delaer was trying to "mark up" the MF I told them I was going to shop around before signing the paperwork - even though I had given them a $500 deposit on a custom ordered S4 that just arrived. As soon as they heard that they were willing to forgo the mark up, saving me $900 over the life of the lease. The lesson here is to be sure you know what the Audi MF is and what the dealer is charging you. Marking up the MF is an easy way for them to hide what they are really chargng you.

My final deal:

MSRP: $53,020
    Final Price after discount ($1,670) and rebate/incentives ($2,500): $48,850
    ACQ Fee: $695
    Title/Reg Fee: $175
    Doc Fee: $399
    Free Audi Care
    Free All Season Weather Floor Mats
    MF: .00068
    RES: 54%
    They still got you on the doc fee, but great job standing your ground and getting some extras thrown in! Enjoy the car!
  • tcovtcov Posts: 3
    I am thinking of getting an s4 and have gotten some lease numbers from the dealer. I have a few questions.

How accurate is edmunds tv as a price to negotiate for? Right now it appears that tv is ~1000 higher than invoice.

Also, dealers is saying that he is adding .00015 to MF of .00068 since I am a new Audi customer.
  • I am a new Audi customer, just signed a deal on a 2013 S4 yesterday. Paid invoice and MF was at .00068. DO NOT let them mark up the MF, tell them that is a deal breaker. The only reason it should be raised is if you have horrible credit. If there is more than 1 dealership in your area you should not be paying a more than $500 over invoice.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,704
    .00015 might be to waive the security deposit... Return customers don't have to make a security deposit..

If that's the case, I'd make a security deposit and save the $10/mo...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Or you can ask that, together with your credit application, the dealer request that the security deposit requirement be waived. Then there should be no MF markup or a security deposit requirement. At least that was my experience as a first time Audi customer.
  • tcovtcov Posts: 3
    I thought I was good at leases, but I cant make his numbers work..They are way too high anyways..

thought I would post for some help

MSRP:57820
    sale:54325
    1000 rebate (BMW owner currently)

55% residual
    .00083 residual (0.00068+.00015)

then there is
    695 acq
    80 docs
    463 license
    487.25 cap fees (??)
    15.08 cap tax (??)

gross cap costs:55587.25

cap cost reductions: 1000 (rebate) - 827.63 (amount $$ up front ie first payment) = 172.28 total cap reduction

Net cap costs: 55429.96

monthly payment: 761.04 + 66.59..

anyone seeing how this is coming up?

sounds way too high to me
    Monthly payment before sales tax is too high, by about ~$50-$55, based on those numbers. Almost a $2,000 discrepancy over the term of the lease.

License fees will be due at signing and are not a capitalized cost.

First month's payment is not a cap cost reduction.

"Cap fees" sounds like hidden dealer fees, like prep fees, to me...have the dealer break those out for you. Similarly, confirm "doc fee" is the state title document fee; otherwise, have the fee removed.
  • Hi daveg35. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00068 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Excellent response daveg35. You are exactly right, consumers who order vehicles are usually able to lock in the program that is available at the time the order was placed and switch to the program that is available at the time of delivery if it's better.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • quattroringsquattrorings Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    Car_man,

I'm scheduled to take delivery within a couple of weeks on a 2013 Premium Plus, 12k mi., 36 mo. Can you let me know the money factors for April. I ordered the car back in late January and I'm wondering what the best MF would be.
    April numbers will not be released until probably the second week in April. For your trim package, term and miles per year, the Buy Rate MF is .00068 and the residual is 55% for January through April 6, 2013. I would not expect interest rates to get much better than the current program.
  • Thanks isles1
    Do you think you could let me know the numbers if it was 10k miles/year?
    Residual changes to 56% @ 10K miles per year.
  • Folks,

I need your help...

I'm considering leasing an S4: Monsoon Gray metallic, 19" whees, Carbon Atlas inlays, B & O Sound, and Audi advanced key - $53,200.00. Dealer is happy to let it go for $ 50,700.00 and I'm confortable with that price.

Now, here's what I think doesn't add up: 36 Mo/10K with 0 down: $766.05/month... Sure, I'm still waiting to hear on what the actual residual (I'd guess something around 55-56%?)/MF are, but that does seem a bit too high, right?

Also, I live in FL and their fees are: battery fee $1.50, doc fee $578.40 (I know there's padding here as I can't believe xferring tags costs that much), electronic filing $15.00 (related to the previous item), license $450.00 (again, if I'm xferring tags, why do I have to pay for this?), Lemon Law $2.00, tire fee $5.00.

I currently have a 2012 GTI that is also leased. I have leased other Audi/VW cars over the years. I'm pretty sure that given my history with Audi FS/VW Credit I can ask them to waive security deposit, right?

I would really appreciate your input. Thanks!
  • Just heard back from the dealer... According to them, MF/Residual are: "36 month MR 0.00108 Res. 56% of MSRP".

So, residual seems to match what isles1 had already stated in the above thread, but what about that MF? Seems high compared to what I've seen posted here... I mean, 0.00108 (2.59% APR) x 0.00068 (1.63% APR)...

And numbers don't add up anyways...

36 MO/10K lease:

53,200 * .56 = 29,792
    50,700 (negotiated price) - 29.792 = 20,908
    20,908 : 36 = 580.77
    (50,700 + 29.792) * .00108 = 86.93
    580.77 + 86.93 = 666.93 + TAX (7%) = $713.61

$713.61 is $52.44 less than the $766.05/month he quoted me earlier today... That's a $1,887.84 difference over 36 MOs!

So, is the current MF really 0.00108?!?

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts you can share with me.
This discussion has been closed.