Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• m4mm4m Posts: 76
    Thank you guys for all your info!

I have asked sales person for extra pics of interior and notice mileage on odometer is 114 miles, – not happy about, I know, I know it is a lease but still…
  • jdomasijdomasi Posts: 16
    Yea, I found a post from 2011 that says .00006 is the lowest you can go. Might have changed...
  • alldayleoalldayleo Posts: 11
    I'm looking into pursuing a lease for either a 2013 or 2014 S4. But I don't want my monthly payments over $400. How much of a down payment I would have to place, in order for me to get a # like that. Please and thank you.
    I'm looking into pursuing a lease for either a 2013 or 2014 S4. But I don't want my monthly payments over $400. How much of a down payment I would have to place, in order for me to get a # like that. Please and thank you.
  • mbl_carguymbl_carguy Posts: 11
    A friend of mine just leased an S4. Depends where you are, but to get your payment that low, you'd need at least $7,000 down. They have a deal now where it's about $479/month + taxes and fees with $4,200 out of pocket, but that's just with the dual clutch trans and 19 inch wheels.
    Around $7,000? Maybe some negotiating with the dealership. Down payment may even drop a bit. No? Because if I can't get a deal on the S4, I'm going to go with all new infiniti Q50. Much cheaper.
  • edwawill5edwawill5 Posts: 2
    Carman:

You have helped in the past and I need some clarification if you can provide:

Has Audi published the lease factor and residuals for a 2014 Audi S4?

I'm currently dealing with a dealer for a 39 month lease, 15,000 miles, with a sales price of $58,145.00, MSRP $59,025.00 and a lease factor of .00212 and a residual of 52%.

Also, I'm a BMW owner and I wanted to know if they have any incentives to lure BMW or other luxury brand owners over as they did forselect 2013 models?
  • edwawill5edwawill5 Posts: 2
    Carman..I forgot to add that it is 2014 Audi S4 Premium Prestige and they have change the lease factor to .00177 now...

You have helped in the past and I need some clarification if you can provide:

Has Audi published the lease factor and residuals for a 2014 Audi S4?

I'm currently dealing with a dealer for a 39 month lease, 15,000 miles, with a sales price of $58,145.00, MSRP $59,025.00 and a lease factor of .00212 and a residual of 52%.

Also, I'm a BMW owner and I wanted to know if they have any incentives to lure BMW or other luxury brand owners over as they did forselect 2013 models?
  • bruins4bruins4 Posts: 4
    Carman . . . can you give me some advice on this . . . I am looking at a 2013 S4 Premium Plus, Moonlight Blue, Black/Silver Leather, automatic, Nav, Bang & Oluf sound, Keyless entry/start, total MSRP: $56,420. I asked for price to buy and some lease options. Buy price: $51,420. Some lease options: All pymts on 36/mo, 10k miles/yr. O down: $747, $1,225 down, $708, $3,500 down, $642. same buyout for all 3 scenarios of $31,595. My plan is to keep this car long term, so I either buy it, or lease and plan to buy out at lease end. I drove the car the other day, and really loved the engine and feel of the car. Not crazy about the steering, but I'm not sure there's a competing car out there for me to choose. I am not a fan of the BMW 335. I can live with the steering because I LOVE the engine, and the car itself. Love the moonlight blue. would prefer straight black interior, but don't mind the black/silver. thoughts on the sale price? lease price quotes? residual? Anyone with any advice . . . please let me know, and if you already own an S4, let me know what you like or don't like, and if there is a competing car that I am not thinking of. Thanks everyone!
    edited July 2013
    So I finally got my 2013 s4...here is an update to my previous posts.

MSD only reduce the money factor by .0005 each, not .0008 and you can do up to 9 (they even showed me Audi's 2013 policy)

(39m/10k) I forget the exact numbers, but MSRP was 53,995 (black on black, navi, sports diff, B&O). Payment with all fees and taxes included (true zero down lease), $647 a month. Its actually a little less given that the first month is free, so without a calculator handy, its (647*35)/36...also got free red media cable and supercharger badges.

Positives - free stuff and the salesman has been very responsive. I Believe I did the best I could with negotiations given the fact that there was no other car in the entire eastern region with the options I wanted (well, at least without the options I didn't want to pay for). Salesman reduced buy price and increased doc fees, ext. - effectively lowering my buy out price at the end.

Negatives - Totally forgot about the $350 fee if I decide not to lease a new Audi - really stupid of me, I know I could have negotiated that down. Car had a check engine light on 3 days after I got it and a locking issue. Dealership is 40 mins away. Tried to negotiate free oil changes but it didn't work.

As is relates to the 2014 s4, I cant remember what I was quoted exactly, but residual is a little higher (I think around 58) but money factor something like .0141 or .0121. (36m/10k). Given the mentioned numbers, I remember comparing the 2013 to the 2014 and calculated a roughly $65 difference for the same car.
  • bruins4bruins4 Posts: 4
    What would be a good purchase price on a 2013 . .. Moonlight blue/black full leather, automatic, Nav, audi Key, B&O stereo . . . the window sticker shows a technology credit of about $1,600, bringing the MSRP including destination to $54,870. Dealer is quoting me a purchase price of $49,870. Does that seem decent or not??
  • isles1isles1 Posts: 110
    Sounds like you did well! Enjoy!!!

What was your final negotiated sales price and effective MF after the MSDs? One or both of those numbers must have been on the low end of things, and perhaps you live in a state with a relatively low sales tax rate.

The end-of-term $350 fee is an Audi Financial Services fee. I do not believe that the dealer has any control over it or the ability to waive it before vehicle return. I would not sweat it.
    edited July 2013
    Seems like a fair purchase price. If no Sport Differential option, be careful of possible resale/trade value consequences, at least to the enthusiast crowd.

And the devil is in the details. Watch for added fees and padding on the quoted interest rate (purchase) and Money Factor (lease).
    edited July 2013
    So how much MSD were to get you down to $647/mo!? Wow, with $0 down!
    I hope issues with Engine Light and locking were resolved quickly and no more of those surprices on brand new car!!!

Currently Im working with a dealer on '13 Manual S4 with MSRP of $54,565 and best I could do was $728 (including all fees and 6.5% taxes) for $0 down/36 mo/10k miles.
    IMO, you should be able to do better than that on a '13 at this point.

For your reference, my lease for an ordered S4 P+ delivered in March '13 is:

$722 p/m, MSRP $53,400, sales price $50,562, $500 order deposit as down payment, AudiCare, 36/12K, all DMV fees, AFS acquisition fee and NYS 8.625% sales tax in payment. The $750 lease bonus cash offered in month of delivery dropped the net monthly payment to ~$702 p/m.
    Our numbers are very close - you put $500 d/p but you got AudiCare included, my dealer drop payments to $707 with first month payment due at signing, $728 is for "sign and drive" and MSRP $54,565, but any way you're right, I should do a lot better on '13, we'll see
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey edwawill5. The money factor that you were quoted for the 2014 S4 that you're interested in is way out of whack. It looks like the dealer is marking it up the maximum amount that they are allowed to to pad your deal. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for this car is .00112 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As you mentioned, there is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2013 S4 for current BMW owners. Unfortunately, that cash incentive is not available on the 2014 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi bruins4. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks excellent. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor of .00068 (for top tier customers) to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Another car that I can think of that is fairly similar to the ones that you mentioned is the C350 or C63. I know a number of people who have 4Matic Cs and really like them. Have you looked at Mercedes?

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Sorry, as you can imagine I don’t come on these forums that much anymore, lol.

Sale price was right at invoice - I forget exactly, but it matched up to truecar.com (less the marketing fee or whatever they call it on the website).

MF was .00023 (.00068 - (.0005*9)) ~6K that I will get back in 39 months. I actually put it on a CC and got 2% points too :).

Live in NJ so I was happy to negotiate the buy price at invoice too; I have heard of people have a hard time negotiating that low in the NE area.
    whoops forgot to say that tax was .074% in NJ
This discussion has been closed.