Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Target $643 ($50 Off) or less a month then it is okie to seal the deal.
  • staimdstaimd Posts: 6
    Just agreed to a new 2014 S4 - Premium plus 6MT, Estoril blue, Nav/MMI, Sports Diff, Side Assist, All weather mats.

MSRP - $54900
    Invoice - $54589
    Price agreed - $54150

36 months, 15k miles
    $8.90 down (couldn't get it to $0 on the computer)
    Residual 55%
    MF 0.0010
    Monthly payment - $748.30

Is that the current top tier money factor? Thoughts on the deal?
  • isles1isles1 Posts: 110
    edited August 2013
    The numbers you are posting must be wrong, and/or you are leaving out some details. Without even putting those figures into a lease calculator I can see the numbers do not work.

Confirm MSRP and sales prices.
    Sales tax (and state of residence) in the payment?
    Incentives (i.e. loyalty, conquest)?
    What is due at lease signing?
    Are you being charged any fees other than AFS Acquisition Fee ($695) and title/registration (varies by state)?
    Whoops! Mixed up some of the numbers, sorry about that.

Let's try this again:
    New 2014 S4 - Premium plus 6MT, Estoril blue, Nav/MMI, Sports Diff, Side Assist, All weather mats.

MSRP - $54900
    Invoice - $51589
    Price agreed - $51450

36 months, 15k miles
    $8.90 down (couldn't get it to $0 on the computer)
    Tags/doc fees - $223.65
    Acquisition fee - $695
    No incentives
    State - PA (6% tax)

Residual 55%
    MF 0.0010
    Monthly payment - $748.30

Hopefully that's right. Is 0.0010 the current top tier money factor?

I did some calculations and I will most likely be over 15k miles but not sure if I'll reach 18k. Any thoughts on whether it's better to buy the miles now at $0.15 or halfway through at $0.20 when I'll know better?
    I cannot speak to the MF or residuals for August. The MF does not look padded to me based upon last month's programs. Assuming tax, acquisition fee and tags are all rolled into payment, the numbers add up as far as the monthly payment.

What sticks out here is a 2014 S4 under invoice. Does not seem right to me. I'd expect at least $500 over invoice. So what is the total due at signing? Call me a pessimist, but I'd bet the dealer is adding fees to effectively bump up the negotiated sales price. If I am wrong, you are getting a great deal.
    Total due at signing is $1739.20. That includes first month's payment, doc/tag fee, acquisition fee, and some sort of luxury tax of $62.55.

Are you saying that the acquisition fee and tag fees are already rolled into the monthly payments? So am I paying them twice?
    If doc/tag fee & acquisition fee are due at signing and not in the monthly payment, then the monthly payment is too high. Off by about $25 per month, or $900 over the lease term. So go back and confirm the sales price and that there are no other fees adding to the capitalized cost.

You CAN roll the acquisition fee into the payment. By default, they ask for it at signing. I do not think you can roll the title/registration/tag fee into the payment.

No idea what a Luxury Tax is. Must be a PA thing.
  • I've spent some quality time reading posts here.. Very knowledgeable people here :)

From a nooby's point of view, what do I need to be armed with when I go into the Audi dealership? I'd love to Lease a 2013 or 2014 S4. Premium Plus with Auto.

I have a trade in that's paid off - should be getting about 4500 for it. I also have some cash if needed - is it needed on a lease?

I'm thinking a 36 month lease with 12k miles. I'm simply looking for the lowest payment, that's why a lease over a purchase.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    edited August 2013
    It's probably not luxury tax.... I'm guessing it's tax on upfront CAP cost reductions (of which the acquistion fee counts)...

Also... even though tax in PA is 6%, it's an extra 3% on leases... for a total of 9% (or more, depending on local sales taxes)....

That would just about make up the difference, I think..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Oh that's right, PA does have another 3% on auto leases. So then the monthly payment looks correct then? Going to pick the car up this week. Will likely get Audicare too.

Really appreciate all the help.
    edited August 2013
    I am impressed. A 2014 under invoice. Job well-done. Since it has been on the lot, just check the odometer to make sure they were not using it as their test drive car. If it has been driven more than the normal 10 - 40 miles, just inspect it closely, especially the exterior paint since you are getting a dark color car and a color that is very susceptible to swirl marks...and dealer car washes are notorious for leaving swirl marks. Invest in top quality car care products and avoid all car washes (even hand washes) with Estoril Blue.

If you do not know, AudiCare will bump the residual value on a lease by 1%. Some will say that prepaying for AudiCare is not worth it for manual transmissions. I agree with this, but not when you are adding AudiCare at the same time you enter into the lease. The MSRP for AudiCare is $880, so expect to pay $800 - $850. The true cost is what you pay, less the increase in residual, plus interest over the lease term. So probably about $350. Well worth it IMO.
  • nmosernmoser Posts: 6
    Your Invoice should be $50,624. Why is it $54,589 based on your specs? This is not a good deal.
    staimd: Confirm invoice. My comments were based upon the assumption that you verified MSRP, Invoice and Sales Price prior to posting those numbers.
    I mixed up some numbers in my initial post. The numbers are correct (hopefully) in post #490.

Here are the numbers I got off of Truecar:

2014 S4 P+ 6MT - $48,995 MSRP ($46,065 Invoice)
    Estoril Blue Paint - $1,075 ($999)
    Nav/MMI - $3,050 ($2,837)
    Sports Diff - $1,100 ($1,024)
    Side Assist - $500 ($467)
    All weather mats - $180 ($168)

Total: $54,900 MRSP ($51,560 Invoice)

Agreed price: $51,450

What's strange is that Truecar lists the invoice as $51,589, but the components add up to $51,560. Not sure why that is.
    Just checked Edmunds and they have invoice at $45,629 (including destination). Truecar has it at $46,065. Any idea what the difference could be? Regional ad fee? It's a little disconcerting that there are different prices on different sites. I thought I had good info going into negotiations.
    I've found Edmunds to be accurate. Edmunds includes the regional advertising fee in its invoice calculation. I do not have experience with TrueCar, but the advertising fee TrueCar tacks on is almost double Edmunds. I believe Edmunds is correct as far as the advertising fee...which is something along the lines of .5% of MSRP.
  • trinim3trinim3 Posts: 1
    I plan on either exchanging my 2012 S4 prior to the end of my lease for a new Audi (Audi keeps calling me to make this happen even though I still have a year left on my lease). Or I plan to coordinate a sale to a 3rd party dealer and get something different. This would be advantageous as my lease buyout is almost $6-$8k below the used car value of my car (in other words I have equity in my car).

My question is:

Should I be concerned about going over the allotted mileage of the lease if I return or sell the car prior to the end of the lease?

Because if not, then I'm going to go on a lot more road trips and I'm going to stop worrying about paying mileage overage charges

Thanks
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,881
    If you mile up the car, it will hurt the trade-in value.. If you are at 3 years old and your car has 55K miles, and the other models being turned in are at 30K-45K, your car will suffer, in comparison.

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Car Man, can you give residuals, money factor for 2014 S4 Prem Plus - 12k miles - please. Thanks.
  • Car Man - I could really use your assistance. I am trying to lease a 2014 A4 with Premium Plus sport package, and B&O. I don't own a lease a current Lexus, MB or BMW but i just traded a Lexus last month for another car. Don't know if this will still qualify me for conquest $$. Trying to get to low 400s for 36 months 12k per year. willing to put some cash down - approx 2 to 3k. Thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.