Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• You're very welcome, milazzo1.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Not sure how many details you need. but can someone figure out the money factor from this information? Also looking for any information on your opinion on the deal.

2011 S4 Premium Plus, Nav, B & O, 19" wheel w/Titanium Package

$52,725 Purchase price

36 months/ 10k miles a year /$723 a month/ 5k down, covers all tax title and license
    42 months/10k miles a year /$694 a month/5k down covers all tax title and license

58% residual value
  • Hi All, I ordered an S4 2 months ago and put a deposit but feel like I am paying a lot so wanted to confirm here.
    The car is Prestige, auto, drive select, Titanium package, rear airbags, adaptive cruise.

msrp $63,450
    my price $62,000

MF is 0.0015
    Residual 54%

My monthly is $940 with Audicare (36 months, 12K miles?). However, I also have a down payment of $4600. Does this sound right? Appreciate any input.
  • Hi car man, hope you or others can chime in here. I was told car wil be delivered soon. I am in manhatthan New York. punching the numbers into a lease calculator puts me at even higher monthly so maybe the price is ok after all?
  • importkingimportking Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    2011 S4 Premium Plus, Deep Sea Blue, Manual, sports diff, nav and back-up camera, and some other goodies bringing the MSRP to over 52k.

42 months, 15k a year
    $948 down
    with Audi Care
    $732 a month
    in New jersey

I wanted a true sign and drive but at the end of the day the numbers seemed good so I pulled the trigger. Thoughts?
  • Hi first_audi. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 50%, respectively. This residual value is 1% higher on vehicles that are equipped with Audi Care.

The program that you were quoted previously is better than this, so if the dealer locked it in try to use it.

You aren't being given a huge discount off of MSRP, but A) this is a low volume vehicle and B) you ordered it so this may be as good as it gets.

Car_man
    Host
  • jca551jca551 Posts: 2
    I recently went in to test drive an S4. It is black with the sport diff and 19" wheels. MSRP is 50,305.

Just to start off we ran the lease numbers off of the MSRP with a 57% resid and a MF of .00185. With 1k down the monthly payments come to 884/mo for a 10k mile/36 mo lease. At this point I was just trying to get a general feel for the payments and didn't negotiate at all (I just started looking).

The dealer said that Audi no longer does multiple security deposits like BMW does, is this true? I thought I had read online somewhere that they were doing them. Also do the MF and residual sound reasonable. This is my first lease, I've always bought cars outright and I'd appreciate any help.
  • Hi jca551. The money factor that you were quoted looks slightly high to me. According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' January buy rate for the 2011 S4 Sedan is .00145 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Looking for a S4 titianium package Premium Plus with the Bang audio. Here is my quote:

MSRP 49,875
    Selling price 48,875
    Money factor: .00215
    Residual: 53%

$1000 due on delivery
    12,000 miles/42 months

$735 plus tax

Thoughts? Money factor seems high, residual seems low. Will they throw in Audi Care.
  • very high lease numbers.

MF should be .00145 for tier 1 credit. If you have tier 2 credit you are looking at .002 or higher, which is where you are at. This can increase the lease by 70 or so per month so check to make sure what MF is based on. If you are Tier 1 and they are increasing your MF by that much, get another quote.

I was just quoted S4 titanium, nav, B&O, rear differential with the following:

Money Factor: .00165
    Residual: 54%

690 per month - 3500 total out of pocket. 42 months. 12k miles.

This is a very good deal.
  • This was through e mail so I don't believe he has even run my credit yet, although I see no reason I don't qualify for tier 1. He did say that if I pay a $750 deposit it would effect the money factor. Never heard of such a thing.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,398
    He did say that if I pay a $750 deposit it would effect the money factor.

Typical for luxury makes... Leases require a security deposit for new customers... You can have the deposit waived for an increase in the money factor... (in other words, its backwards from the way he described it).

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• mmratnermmratner Posts: 13
    edited February 2011
    It's been a while since I've done since last, so please forgive the newbie questions... My lease on a BMW is coming up in May, and I am thinking of switching to the S4. Test drove it today, loved it. The configuration I'd be looking for is Premium Plus with alcantara, Navi, B&O, rear airbags and possibly birch trim. Here are my questions:
    1. What are the current (March) residuals and MFs for a 36/42 month lease with 15K miles a year?
    2. I assume the best way to negotiate would be to offer a certain $ figure over the invoice. Where can I see the invoice numbers for my configuration?
    3. Are there any additional incentives I should be aware of (related to switching from BMW, or other) ?
    4. Given that my lease is up in May and I am over the mileage limit already on my BMW, does it make sense to turn in my car early to Audi?
    5. Are there any good online lease calculators that you can recommend? Ideally already including the tax and fee structure in New Jersey?

Much appreciate it, thanks.
    edited March 2011
    All right, I understand this is a lot of questions, but could you please answer the first one at least? I am waiting for your response to begin my negotiations with dealers.

What are the current (March) residuals and MFs for a 36 and a 42 month lease with 15K miles a year on a 2011 S4 with Premium Plus?

Thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi mmratner. The definitely is a nice car, but it's not cheap.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease (the 39 month numbers seem to be a little better to me than the 42 month numbers) are .00127 and 52%.

You can look up this car's dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Unfortunately, Audi is not currently providing any conquest cash incentives for current owners of competitive models on this car.

Edmunds.com has a Lease Calculator on this site, but it does not automatically calculate sales tax for your state.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you!

Could you please confirm the 0.00127 MF for the 39 month lease? I was at a dealer yesterday and they claim they have a different number (something like 0.00142).
    And also, could you please post the 42 months number?
    Hi mmratner. The money factor that I posted is correct. The one that you were quoted is .00015 higher. I believe that this is the amount that AFS increases vehicles' money factors by for consumers who want to have their vehicle's money factor waived.

I'm not sure what the 42 month number is. I'll see if I can find out.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you - could you please clarify what you mean by "increases vehicles' money factors by for consumers who want to have their vehicle's money factor waived" ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,398
    "increases vehicles' money factors by for consumers who want to have the security deposit waived"

Fixed it.. ;)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Oops, you're absolutely right kyfdx. Thanks for the assist :).

Car_man
    Host
  • nlvancenlvance Posts: 1
    Hi-

Can I please have the April 36 & 39 month MF and residual % for a S4 premium plus w/ 15,000 mi/year?

Thanks much for your help!

~NLV
  • And while you are at it, please provide the same data based on 12k miles /year.
    Thanks
  • audi12audi12 Posts: 1
    Carman,

I need your help with an Audi S4 question. I really admire your knowledge because you provided the forum with a good source of information. I am not sure if I am getting a good deal in the following car.

I am looking to order a 2012 Audi S4 with the following options.

7 speed
    Color: black
    interior: black and red
    titanium package
    carbon inlays

I got the following deal for the car. I am looking to put Multiple security deposits and I am confortable with the program. the money factor that they quote me without the MSD is .00127

MSRP $51,325

Selling Price of $49,800

Money Factor .00007 with 8 security deposits totaling $5400

Drive offs and first payment totaling $2110.39

52% Residual for 39 months with 15K miles per year with a sales tax for Orange County =$656.24 (the tax is included)

Please advise.
  • hx699hx699 Posts: 20
    According to my local dealers and several other sources, orders for 2012's don't begin until may and pricing/feature changes have not been released yet. There is a price increase expected though. Audi is no longer taking orders for 2011 S4 so there's a period of limbo with no orders.

PS look into the sports rear differential option. Check forums like audiworld.com if you want details and opinions. Most owners consider that a mandatory option to get the maximum benefit of the AWD system.
  • stushmushstushmush Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    hi, does anyone know the lease rates for the 2011 S4. 39 months, 12k miles. thanks! are the rates different for premium plus vs prestige?
    Hi nlvance. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 S4 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 53%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00127 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Brandloyal, the residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks audi12. The money factor that you were quoted looks good. As far as the selling price goes, the car that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $1,500 discount that you were quoted puts you at around $2,000 over invoice. That's a lot of room to play with, but it might just be the going rate for the S4 in your area. Have you tried comparison shopping with another dealer or two. There's enough room there that it wouldn't hurt.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi stushmush. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 S4 Sedan Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00127 and 54%, respectively.

The numbers for the S4 Sedan Prestige are .00127 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.