Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi S4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi suntint. The reason why the longest leases that you have seen mentioned here are for 42-months is that this is the longest term that Audi's special lease money factors are available for. Theoretically one could lease an Audi for 48-months, but in order to do so you would have to use Audi's standard lease program and the money factor would increase somewhat. A 42-month lease or shorter would be a better deal.

As far as the difference in residual values, there's probably a 3% spread between 42- and 48-months on most Audis.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • isles1isles1 Posts: 110
    You're telling me!

Any word on the new numbers that came out on Sept. 5, 2012 for 36 month, 12K per year, S4 Premium Plus?

Just to make sure I am negotiating off the correct numbers: Using the Edmunds invoice calculator, I come up with an invoice of $48,814 for a Premium Plus, w/ Sport Differential, 19" wheels, in Monsoon Gray Metallic.

Again, I was quoted $1,000 over invoice. I am going to try to get the dealer to throw in the "Supercharged" badges because the "3.0 T" badges bother me ;) Apparently, the 3.0 T badges will be replaced with the Supercharged badges when the factory runs out of the 3.0 T badges.
    Also interested in the new numbers for a 42-month, 12K per year lease for the S4 Premium Plus. Thanks!
  • Sure isles1. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Is the money factor still .00141 for a 42-month lease this month?
  • I think that the top tier money factor is now .00143 for this car in September.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_Man. Wondering if you can help. I'm trying to buy a 2013 S4 Premium Plus - sticker at $56,570. Dealer is quoting me $54,136 (about $1500 over invoice as best I can guess). He's adding in Audi Care ($800ish) for a 42 month term (10K miles/yr) with $2k at signing. He's saying it's $759/mo. All my calc's are coming in around $650/mo. I believe he's using .00141 for MF and don't know Residual. Am I missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P
  • Sorry to jump in here ....

You're coming in a touch low, but how can you even make calculations without knowing the residual?

I just leased an S4 and my numbers were similar so hopefully I can give some context. My cap cost was similar to yours but MSRP was $57900. Residual is 31845. Audi care, too. I put more down, $3300 (more on that later). My monthly is $723. Reverse engineering that, looks like MF is .00141.

Verbal deal was $2800 down which included $1000 "conquest cash". I confirmed the availability of this incentive twice with the dealer before coming in to sign papers. Once I'm in his office "oops!" that's only for MY 2012 S4's. After a standoff we agreed to split the diff and I paid $500 more down. Bummer, but oh well. I f***ing luv this car.

Good luck!
  • thanks agershon. I'm not worried about a few bucks here/there. I think I used 31800 (ish) for the residual. My point is why I'm SO far off from the dealer's numbers. $100/mo is approximately $3000+ on the price.

Glad to hear you love it - I'm excited to see if I can put this together.

Hope to hear from you car_man!

thanks
  • Putting in your numbers, I get $782/mo. Taxes, registration and fees are almost 2k so you're essentially putting no money down. Be sure to include those in your calculations. Your residual (at 55%) is closer to 31100.

http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/car-lease.html

This calculator is very accurate for me. When I enter numbers right from my lease contract I get my exact pymt of $723.

OK I'll shut up now, I know you're waiting to hear from car_man ;)
  • Thanks agershon. Appreciate it. No state sales tax in NH - but registration is very high (probably $1000). I get $669 using that calculator.

Car_man...help!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited September 2012
    Hi parnelljw. Using an MSRP of $56,570 and a capitalized cost of $54,936, I estimate that this car's 42-month, 10k, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $691. I used a money factor of .00143 and a residual value of 55% to arrive at this payment.

The dealer is likely adding sales tax to it. That would likely account for much of the difference between what I calculated and what you were quoted, but you still should probably have the dealer walk you through the numbers to find out exactly how they came up with the payment that they quoted you. Are they rolling any other fees into the cap cost?

EDIT: I just noticed that you're in a state that does not charge sales tax on vehicles, so there's definitely something wrong with the payment that the dealer quoted you. Make sure to have them explain to you why your car's payment is so much over $700 per month. They must be adding fees into the cap cost.

Car_man
    Host
  • thanks car_man. i knew the numbers simply weren't making sense. as such, i went elsewhere and found the same car for $75/mo less than I was being quoted. deal done. pick it up today! can't wait.
    car_man

Would you mind posting the October residuals and money factors for 36, 39 and 42 month terms with 12K miles per year.

Looking to order my S4 this month if the interest rates are begining to trend downward as they did last winter. Thanks!
  • ctdwctdw Posts: 13
    Car_Man,

Would you have the residual and money factor for a S4 Prestige 24 and 30 month lease (15K miles per year)?

CTDW
    car_man:

I neglected to put Premium Plus...

"Would you mind posting the October residuals and money factors for 36, 39 and 42 month terms with 12K miles per year. "
  • You're very welcome parnelljw. Wow, $75 per month is a big difference. Good job.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, isles1. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00143 and 55%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00143 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go ctdw. AFS' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 S4 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 30-month lease are .00123 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car_man!
    So this is the current offer I negotiated for the setup I plan to order:

MSRP of $53,400 and a sales price of $50,562 ($836 over invoice) for:

8K254Y - S4 Premium Plus with 7-speed S-Tronic
    P5P5 - Ice Silver Metallic
    Q4Q - Eight-way power S Sport seats...
    N7N - Leather
    SU - Black with Lunar Silver Alcantara
    PDU - Sport Differential
    PQ6 - 19" 5-segment wheels with summer tires
    9VK - B&O Sound System
    Supercharged Badges

$500 deposit to order car. $820 for Audi Care. $695 bank fee. No document fee; no dealer set up fee. Only first month payment and DMV fees due at signing; $500 deposit will be applied to what is due at signing.

If ordered in October 2012, I can take advantage of the October 2012 lease programs -or- the programs in effect when I take delivery, which ever is the better program.

I have all of the above in writing from the dealership.

Comments? Thoughts? Anything sound fishy? I think it sounds like a pretty solid deal.
  • You're welcome isles1.

Car_man
    Host
    edited November 2012
    These are the November 2012 numbers I was provided with. Perhaps Car_man can confirm.

2013 S4 Premium Plus with 12K miles per year:

36 months - MF .00105, Residual 56%
    39 months - MF .00125, Residual 54%
    42 months - MF .00125, Residual 52%

Audi Care adds 1% to the Residual %.
  • Greetings isles1. I can confirm that those numbers are indeed correct.

Car_man
    Host
    Placed factory order, locking in Nov. programs as worse case scenario:

MSRP of $53,400 and a sales price of $50,562 ($836 over invoice) for:

8K254Y - S4 Premium Plus with 7-speed S-Tronic
    P5P5 - Ice Silver Metallic
    SU - Black with Lunar Silver Alcantara
    PDU - Sport Differential
    PQ6 - 19" 5-segment wheels with summer tires
    9VK - B&O Sound System
    Supercharged Badges

ETA is mid-February 2013. Hoping the programs get a bit better like last winter.

Thanks for all the help Car_man!
  • Hi Car_Man

Can you post MF and residuals for 36 month 15K/year leases for both the S4 prestige and S4 premium plus?

thank you!!
  • You're very welcome isles1. Thanks for the update. That's a reasonable selling price on an ordered S4. Let us know what you think when it arrives.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jddssc121. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00105 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for the '13 S4 Prestige are .00105 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jddssc121jddssc121 Posts: 68
    edited November 2012
    thank you sir!

*PS - those are horrible :) Think I'm back to 335 shopping!
  • Did I get a good deal?

MSPR: $55,250
    36 Months
    10,000 miles
    Fees Rolled In: $2128

Monthly Payments: $658
This discussion has been closed.