Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Focus Wagon

Comments

• jazvanjazvan Posts: 106
    Sorry, I see that can be taken 2 ways. No molding, the liner just slips under the rubber gasket. I know, cuz I noticed a while back there was a gap there. Not sure if it was that way out of the factory or had slipped out. I just slipped it back in. Holding fine so far. I'll probably put a couple spots of "craft" adhesive on if it ever slips out again.

Jaz
  • jazvanjazvan Posts: 106
    Front or back brakes? With fronts I think there is a dry lube on the pad backing plate that sometimes is not applied or wears off that could cause squeak. Maybe someone more expert can comment on this 'cuz I never replaced front pad on a Focus. I pulled my back drums to take a look at my back brakes and it's no easy job. Car had about 18K on it and there was almost zero wear on the rear shoes. Problem was the parking brake cable needing adjusting which is quite easily performed from the cable lever. Well, that has nothing to do with your squeak accept the rears don't seem to wear very quickly.

Jaz
  • ndfredndfred Posts: 2
    Is there any difference in an european version? I am renting a Ford Focus Compact Wagon 1.6 in Italy and have looked all over for the cargo specs after seating 4 people. I estimate the specs to be 3 ft high, 4 feet wide and approx. 2.9 deep. Any help will be appreciated since I do not want our luggage on our laps, especially mine, the driver. Thanks
  • bdymentbdyment Posts: 549
    Sounds about right. The North American wagon is approx. 32" high, 4' wide and 3' 7" deep. The rental agency should be able to give you the specs. of the European Focus wagon.
  • ndfredndfred Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. I hope the European and NA versions are at least close in size. All the rental agency could give me was that it depended on how many passengers as to how much luggage could be placed in the vehicle.
  • lenwicklenwick Posts: 23
    I get my new wagon monday it came in friday from another dealer nice its red and loaded.After i drive it for a while ill post what i think
    Welcome. I bought a 2006 SES little red wagon a month ago.
    All the options. Only various trim problems so far. Good mileage, lots of pep.
    I got my wagon today, we had a good drive on hwy 401, wow 115ks is so easy, lots of power.It was very quiet for a small car.We like the radio and the way it handles,
    more later as we use it
  • jack2440jack2440 Posts: 1
    You won't like it much once you start replacing the brakes as I have. Ford uses cheap parts and fails to tell you they will need to be replaced every 10,000 to 12,000 miles.
    What year is your focus with all the brake problems
    We filled the gas tank today for the first time it used 7.4lt per 100ks i think thats very good, it should get better
    That is about 38MPG Imperial. Not bad. It will get better. Mine has pushed 40MPG Imperial,highway driving.

Does your wagon have the annoying alarm signal when you open the driver's door and the gearshift is in any position, but Park? Of course the key is in the run position. The owner's manual refers to this signal as a chime. A chime would be okay. Mine is like a siren.
    Mine is a siren too,at least you cant ignore it
    My Ford Focus had 210ks on it when i got it.I asked Ford if the warranty started at 210ks answer it starts on the date you got it for 3 years our 60,000ks so all i get is 59790ks of warranty.I have bought GM cars the warranty started at the ks on the car so if it had 210ks the warranty would go to 60,210 our 3 years
    We had a similiar inquiry. Our wagon had 104km when delivered. I asked the sales rep. about an extension and he said we, meaning the dealer would never see anyone stuck out of warranty for 104km. We will take his word for it since we have purchased many vehicles from the same dealer over the years. However, GM's reply is certainly the correct way to solve the issue.
    GM has a place in the warranty book to put how many kms are on the car when you get it.Not Ford ive looks.
  • remowusremowus Posts: 40
    Mine is a 2003 ZTW and I did check the front brakes this morning . It looks like the pads are ok , but the discs feel like thay have ridges in them. But the dealer says that there is no problem. Over the weekend, the lock on my hatchback went bad. It won't work at all. And it was just replaced by ford on a recall issue. It worked fine up til then. Going back to the dealer today.
    1500ks on it now evey time i drive it i like it more
    I got this letter from Ford
    Dear Mr. Wickens,

Thank you for contacting the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship
    Centre. We received your message sent on 5/12/2006 regarding the warranty
    on Ford vehicles.

It is always a pleasure to assist our customers. We thank you for your
    recent inquiry. In an effort to assist you, we have researched this
    matter on your behalf.

According to our resources, the warranty begins on the original retail
    delivery date, or on the date of first use, whichever occurs first
    ("original warranty start date"), regardless of the km on the vehicle at
    the time of purchase.

Mr. Wickens, if you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel
    free to contact us and we will be happy to address them.

Thank you for contacting Ford of Canada.

Sincerely,
    Yves
    Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre
    [THREAD ID:1-2WD67N]
    Well, Ford's warranty does not appear to be as fair as the GM warranty you had noted.