It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
A3? Subaru? VW Wagon?
We're a young couple, house with a super-steep driveway, in an area where it won't snow all the time, but enough to want to buy a car with an icy-steep driveway in mind. Husband has a VW Golf 2-door stick shift, I would like to get a slightly bigger car for myself, automatic, but keep the hatchback look. No kids yet, but in the near future.
These cars have made my list of favorites:
2) Passat Wagon/(should I also consider the Jetta Wagon?)
3) Saab 9-3 Wagon
4) Subaru (Outback? Outback Impreza?)
So far I have only driven the A3 (2008), Passat Wagon (2007), and I did drive a 2002 9-5 Wagon but thought it felt too big. I loved the way the A3 felt and the Passat had a less powerful but very similarly enjoyable experience. Is there another car I should be considering? Will any of these clearly win out over the others in your opinion?
-$20K or less (I will be looking for a preowned)
- 4 doors (or 5 if you count the hatch)
-can comfortably fit car seat(s)
- not a sluggish ride
- Looks smart. I REALLY love the European styling...but with a very good argument could be swayed to the Subaru, as I've always admired them. The Outback does seem a bit big though.
- SUVs are not an option. I want to stay on the small side of things.
I would love to hear your thoughts!