Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Legacy/Outback

1377378379380381383»

Comments

• druperdruper Posts: 3
    Thanks Mike, I was able to push the boot into the coil pack a hair more. The miss seems to have stopped for now. These NAPA wires have a boot on them that does not slide, which is fine, but they do not allow for much wiggle room. I have installed lots of wires, and these by far had to be pushed with the most effort. Thank you so much for the reply and the tip, take care, Andy
  • druperdruper Posts: 3
    Many thanks to both of you for the replies, so far, so good.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    mike - do you recommend adding dielectric grease on those connectors to help?
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    It's not a bad idea to do that Juice. We don't deal with the non-turbos too often but when we do we usually put some dielectric on em to make things smoother.

-mike
    Subaru Guru and Track Instructor
    edited March 2011
    Cool, because I've been doing that. Miatas are known for eating ignition wires every 30k or so.
  • Hello all.
    I have an '04 L.L. Bean edition.
    I've been having an inconsistent problem with it jerking/sputtering while cruising at ~40-55mph then easing onto the gas. No issues when flooring the pedal as to pass.
    I took it to the local dealer & they hooked it up to their computer. It detected an O2 sensor issue which I replaced. The problems persisted. I took it back, they hooked it up to the computer again & it showed no problems. They reset/reprogrammed something, but it didn't help either.
    They sold me some Subaru-branded fuel injection cleaner which I tried, but to no avail. Changing the plugs didn't help, either.
    Ideas? Suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,576
    Have you checked the resistance in the spark plug wires? If too high, it could be resulting in intermittently weak spark.
    2010 Subaru Forester, 2011 Ford Fiesta, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup, 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon
    I was thinking along the same lines, spark or fuel.

Check the plugs first, then the wires, then the ignition coil and fuel filter.
  • I hate to think that the new plugs are bad, but it's very possible.
    The problem isn't consistent. It may do it for a couple of weeks pretty regular then go months before it does it again.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,576
    Well, don't start throwing parts at it, because that will just likely frustrate you with intermittent problems like this. Test those spark plug wires first; it is very easy to do.

Are you seeing any other evidence of performance issues, such as reduced fuel economy?
    2010 Subaru Forester, 2011 Ford Fiesta, 1969 Chevrolet C20 Pickup, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250 Pickup, 1974 Ford Pinto Wagon
  • Well i just received a second recall notice on my Legacy. The first was for a wiper motor that can possibly overheat and cause a fire. Seems like it is related to winter driving and wipers that block and force the motor.

The second recall is for 2011 model but i received a copy for my 2010(??). It is to do with a moonroof that may not be adhered properly. It seems that some moonroof's may disconnect from the car because of a poor bond between the frame of the moonroof and the glass itself.

Small things but a pain in the but, my Subaru dealer wants the car for the entire day to address these small items.
    Ask for a loaner, at least.