Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Legacy/Outback

1377378379380381383»

Comments

• druperdruper Posts: 3
    Thanks Mike, I was able to push the boot into the coil pack a hair more. The miss seems to have stopped for now. These NAPA wires have a boot on them that does not slide, which is fine, but they do not allow for much wiggle room. I have installed lots of wires, and these by far had to be pushed with the most effort. Thank you so much for the reply and the tip, take care, Andy
  • druperdruper Posts: 3
    Many thanks to both of you for the replies, so far, so good.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    mike - do you recommend adding dielectric grease on those connectors to help?
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    It's not a bad idea to do that Juice. We don't deal with the non-turbos too often but when we do we usually put some dielectric on em to make things smoother.

-mike
    Subaru Guru and Track Instructor
    edited March 2011
    Cool, because I've been doing that. Miatas are known for eating ignition wires every 30k or so.
  • Hello all.
    I have an '04 L.L. Bean edition.
    I've been having an inconsistent problem with it jerking/sputtering while cruising at ~40-55mph then easing onto the gas. No issues when flooring the pedal as to pass.
    I took it to the local dealer & they hooked it up to their computer. It detected an O2 sensor issue which I replaced. The problems persisted. I took it back, they hooked it up to the computer again & it showed no problems. They reset/reprogrammed something, but it didn't help either.
    They sold me some Subaru-branded fuel injection cleaner which I tried, but to no avail. Changing the plugs didn't help, either.
    Ideas? Suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,400
    Have you checked the resistance in the spark plug wires? If too high, it could be resulting in intermittently weak spark.
    I was thinking along the same lines, spark or fuel.

Check the plugs first, then the wires, then the ignition coil and fuel filter.
  • I hate to think that the new plugs are bad, but it's very possible.
    The problem isn't consistent. It may do it for a couple of weeks pretty regular then go months before it does it again.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,400
    Well, don't start throwing parts at it, because that will just likely frustrate you with intermittent problems like this. Test those spark plug wires first; it is very easy to do.

Are you seeing any other evidence of performance issues, such as reduced fuel economy?
  • Well i just received a second recall notice on my Legacy. The first was for a wiper motor that can possibly overheat and cause a fire. Seems like it is related to winter driving and wipers that block and force the motor.

The second recall is for 2011 model but i received a copy for my 2010(??). It is to do with a moonroof that may not be adhered properly. It seems that some moonroof's may disconnect from the car because of a poor bond between the frame of the moonroof and the glass itself.

Small things but a pain in the but, my Subaru dealer wants the car for the entire day to address these small items.
    Ask for a loaner, at least.