Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost? Ask the Smart Shopper Hosts for directions!

Comments

• chris2max3chris2max3 Posts: 13
    Hi, I have a question about how to go about claiming diminished value? Is it even worth it for an 02 f150 that is being fixed-2400+(haven't got the final figure yet) in damages. Thanks
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    You should have a look at this article: Tips for Filing a Claim After a Serious Car Accident

Our TMV new car prices, used car pricing, used car values at Edmunds should also be helpful.

I also recommend joining in on the Questions About Auto Insurance & Accidents discussion.

Good luck!

tidester, host
  • dad23dad23 Posts: 430
    I was just wondering if there were any discussions on getting good deals on cars that have been repossessed?
    This isn't quite what you're looking for but Purchasing Used Vehicles would be a good place to start. Perhaps a visit to Smart Shopper - Suggest a topic of discussion would be in order!

tidester, host
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    Did edmunds change the townhall forum set-up? I don't like it at all, its horrible and its difficult to navigate....is there a way to change my log-in to bring up the old town hall forums?
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    I agree I cannot toggle back to Inside line or the main edmunds site now. I have to actually punch edmunds.com into the address bar. You need to have some more buttons.
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    I agree.

Just when you've got the bugs out of the last set of changes, you've done it again.

I'm old with bad eyesight. I run my monitor at 800x600 resolution. Your changes do not automatically re-size the screen for different resolutions - making your topic index and the detail messages scroll off the right side of my screen. (Your changes are obviously set for 1200x800 resolution, and as I said, does not do auto-resize.) To see message counts and read all of the messages, I have to constantly scroll my screen left and right.

You also did this in your previous change. And it took months to get it changed.

Why, why, why are you making changes, with no significant 'real' changes, in the format of the forum?
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    for your questions and comments about the changes is in this discussion: Forums Software - Your Questions Answered. Take a run through what's already been posted for some details.
  • miatafunmiatafun Posts: 1
    Hi, I am interested in buying a used car from another private party. I do not want to carry lots of cash. The seller does not accept (personal) check.
    What are other good options?
    thanks for help.
    You could use a certified or cashiers check or even a money order. I would definitely avoid the cash option. See what others have to say in Purchasing Used Vehicles.

tidester, host
  • mark156mark156 Posts: 1,992
    Hello Host, I've been coming to Edmunds for quite a few years and this new system is very hard to navigate.

I can't switch back from one forum to another. When I want to go to "Smart Shopper" to "Suv's", I have to exit the system entirely then start over. The only way I can get to the "Inside Line" where the forum are, I have to scroll down the first page of Edmunds to the really small words at the bottom and click on "Forum's".

I would think a lot of new comers here are really missing out on connecting to the right threads. If I try to hit "forums" on the Car Space page and type in "SUV" for that Forum, it says it doesn't exist.

I hope they fix this navigational problem for the new folks coming here.... it would be easier for me too although I have managed to get around the quirks.

Thanks, Mark156 :D
    Hi, Mark!

I'm not sure why you're having to "exit the system entirely and start over." What I do is to "track" the discussions I am interested in so I can go directly to where I want to be. You can "track" a whole group or a single discussion by clicking the "track" link at the bottom of the page. Afterward, using the "My Tracked Items" link on the left side of a page will take you directly to where you want to be.

You may also want to look at Forums Software! Your Questions Answered... where you can read comments others have made about site issues and post your questions.

Hope that helps!

tidester, host
  • ">link titleNow, I am sure this has been answered a hundred times, but I couldn't find what I was looking for through search, so I thought I would ask here. I want to sell the 2005 Corvette Convert I am leasing. I have read some websites that tell me this is no problem, and depending on my payoff, could be a good deal for me, but wanted to get some expert feedback. The lease is through GMAC if that helps any.

I read this article link title

but I am not sure if it is accurate. Thanks.
  • I've owned Prizms and Sentras before and have never had problems with
    either. That was years ago. Now I have a decision to make. I just bought a
    1990 Prizm base model, auto, only 112,000 miles for $600. It already had a
    new radiator, and a transmission with a cooler installed about 3 years ago.
    I put in another $600 for a starter, timing belt, some gaskets and seals,
    new serp belts, and a few other things. This car passes emission like a new
    car with almost 0 reading and had only one owner and generally taken care
    of. It's the 5 door hatchback and has a cracked dash and drooping ceiling
    fabric but the body and paint are nice and shiny. I was going to keep this
    for myself. Then I was enlisted to find another good deal for my brother in
    law and a week later found the following:

1994 Sentra XE, 2 door, manual trans with 135,000 miles for just $800. Again
    only one owner and generally taken care of. Had to replace the original
    clutch and replace the crankshaft seal (I think) and dished out about $600
    for that. It passes inspections as well with flying colors. It came with a
    new alternator but nothing else has been replaced since brand new. The
    interior on this is almost perfect and the outside has a bit of a dent but
    other than that the body and paint are in excellent condition. It's a lot
    sportier than the Prizm, it's got a spoiler and some nice aftermarket
    wheels.

Alright then, so if you guys owned both of these cars which are pretty equal
    in their condition mechanically and somewhat cosmetically, which would you
    keep? There are no recalls on either of them but I'm not aware of any
    notorious problems with either, except for Nissan's alternators. I'm also
    taking into consideration that this Prizm was perhaps one of the best
    designed bulletproof motors Toyota ever made. What I wish I could do is
    switch out the motors and then hands down I'd be picking the Sentra. But I'm
    not going to do that. So, I welcome your opinions and thanks in advance. If
    you need more info to make the decision, let me know.
    Help Me Choose! should be your first stop!

tidester, host
  • Hello all,
    I am looking to get a car dealers license so I can do online sales only. However, in my state you still are required to have a car lot. I do not want to carry all the overhead and hassle of owning a car lot I only want to purchase and sell cars over the internet.

My Question: I know of or heard of companies out there that, with a monthly fee or per-purchase fee, will allow you to hold a dealers license under their dealership. You simply pay them monthly for your license or whenever you purchase a car from auction. I was wondering if anyone has heard of such companies and if so could give me more information on these companies or could point me in the right direction? I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

-Mark
  • Hi, does anyone have the link to the website that suggests new cars based on your preferences?. It was a really good questionaire/quiz type thing and you checked off everything you were looking for and then it showed the best matches to your choices..

I thought it was on either here or Yahoo but I can't find it anywhere. :confuse:
    myproductadvisor.com deals with all kinds of products and looks like the kind of thing you're asking about. Google is a great place to start to find others.

tidester, host
  • That's the link I was looking for! Thanks. :)

I actually did look on Google before posting but kept coming up with "How to choose a car" and it just wasn't what I wanted.
    Just be sure to come back here and tell us all about your shopping, purchasing and ownership experiences!

tidester, host
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,175
    See Message 31262 in Real-World Trade-in Values. :D
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,902
    Getting it, but always better to notify us by e-mail. See, if we're reading this discussion, we're reading RWTIV as well. If don't see the offending message, we don't see this one either... see? :)

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• We are expecting our 3rd child in May. We currently have an 02 Tribute for our 2 car seats.
    I'm looking to repalce this vechicle with something that will fit 3 car seats(I don't think there's enough room in the Tribute for 3 seats).
    Can anyone provide me with some vehicles that will sit 3 car seats(either minivan or SUV).

Thanks in advance

Dennis
  • Which would have the most back seat room for 20-25k area? Beetle? Mustang? I know the Sebring is bigger, but a bit out of my range.... 2 kids age 10 need to fit for short drives.Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,902
    Hi chris333,
    Check out our Coupes & Convertibles forums section. That's where other members are talking about these vehicles. If you don't see a discussion that fits, you can add one using the "add discussion" link on that page.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Thanks! Will do.
  • marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,676
    I seem to be slightly behind the 8 ball...I see my various car topics being transformed into read-only, but when I click the link at the end, I do not seem to find what I think is the right replacement...2007 Santa Fe only has the 2007 3.3L FWD with one post, but I do not seem to find a general topic on the 07 Fe...I understand you made changes, but I seem to be missing on what you are improving...

It must be right in front of me, but apparently the blind part of me does not see it...:):):)

Might some directions be in order???

Bob
This discussion has been closed.