Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rebates, Incentives, APRs - Questions & Comments

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Hi, since I haven't found a simple app to quickly tell me the rebates and incentive on any new car I might be shopping, we decided to build one.

The idea is to select a make and model and have the app return the current cash back, lease and APR incentives on that exact car, in your area. Handy on the lot or in the showroom, it will work on smartphones, and there will also be a web site.

What do you think? What features would you like to see?

Enhancements I'm already thinking about:
    - Save the incentive info for several cars.
    - Add a VIN scanner as an alternative to selecting a vehicle.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

To learn more and sign up to be notified of the release, go to WhatsTheRebate.com.

Dave
  • steine13steine13 Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2012
    While I'm thinking, is this for real or thinly veiled spam -- I find it doesn't matter, because it's a good topic to talk about.

My biggest frustration with these sorts of apps is that they do what you propose: I pick the car, you show me the numbers. To me, this is backwards.

I've bought many a car simply because (i) it suited my needs, which aren't complicated, and (ii) because the price was right.

I prefer to see the numbers for all makes on one page -- cars.com is a good example for this. Then I can follow links to the details.

To put it another way: I'm not in the market for a small pickup. But if there's a $5,000 rebate on the Chevy Colorado, I want to know about it.

Cheers -Mathias
  • Thanks for the feedback, Mathias!

Sorting incentives by size is a great idea, and should be something I can add. In addition to an overall "sort my current incentives by size" function, would it be good to also offer sorting within a vehicle segment? Like you said, you might want to know the largest rebates for pickups, and you don't really want to see rebates for subcompacts. So I wonder if that'd be a good option too?

To answer your first question, this is product research - not spam. I have nothing to sell. IF we develop a paid app, then those that register at WhatsTheRebate.com will get the app for free.

Keep the great ideas coming, and thanks again!

Dave
  • Can anyone tell me the credit score requirements for Ally leases? I know the prime range is 620+ but within that they have S, A, B, and C and I'm trying to figure out what score is needed for the best rates.