Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon, Yukon Denali, XL Electrical Problems

Comments

• ma_marouchma_marouch Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    The battery on our 2004 GMC Yukon with a Denali engine is being drained by something electrical causing us to jump the battery after sitting at first overnight and has progressed to needing to be jumped after just a couple of hours. This a sudden problem and as I am out of work I am trying to figure it out as I know that diagnosing an electrical issue can be costly. So far I have unhooked the radio and the clock to see if that was the problem to no avail. Could it be something as simple as the key fob. The pads to lock and unlocked are worn and the battery has never been replaced. Any ideas? Oh and I forgot: the battery was replaced at Sears and we did take it in to check out the battery and they said that it was an electrical issue!
  • In response I took off the cup holder and looked inside to find that I looks like perhaps a drink had been spilled at some time and looks like it leaked down onto the wiring. We have a 2004 GMC Yukon/Denali that is having electrical issues causing a drain on the battery. As soon as I get home I plan to take a better look at the board! Thanks, this may have set me in the right direction. I fear that soon my one year old battery is going to need replacing after so many drains and jumps!
  • jmora83jmora83 Posts: 1
    hello ! im from Fresno CA and im having the same electrical problem as you did/are i have a 2007 gmc yukon that Ive been bothering with cus ethe battery runs down. im just trying to find out if you got it fixed and what you did to fix it.....
    if you havent fixed it maybe this would help
    I was sitting on the vehicle for a while and noticed that an actuator goes off every 45-65 seconds I can hear a click sound on my door and just before that i can hear the speakers go off like if i plugged in a audio cord.... weird !! i tried dissmantling the car and took off the bottom dashbord to find were the click was coming from but I got frustrated so I put it all back together!! any suggestions..

the odd thing of it all is that Im a salesman for a GMC dealership and our techs have not found the problem with my yukon.. I was suggested to buy a solar panel and place it on my roof so that it keeps my battery charged at all times !! ($195.@Oreilly) so hope u find my info useful if you havent fixed yours and if you did please advise!!! jmora83@yahoo.com
  • kts0347kts0347 Posts: 44
    Hi there,
    Well, I've got my replacement door ajar switch in hand and am chomping at the bit to replace it. But, I need more help with information how to remove the rear door trim panels from my 2003 Yukon Denali. I found one screw at the bottom of the trim pad, and was expecting push clips around the perimeter but found none. I don't want to just push and pull without knowledge. Please advise the procedure for removing the door trim.
    Thanks.
    Keith :blush:
  • cheagacheaga Posts: 2
    I have the same draw problem. We put a priority start in the truck and it only allows the battery to draw down to a point and then it shuts everything down. Turn the key again and the truck starts. I have not replaced a battery since. It's around $90 and easy to install.
  • cheagacheaga Posts: 2
    I have a message that says service ride control. Is this the same problem you had? What did it cost you to fix?
  • panhead3panhead3 Posts: 3
    any suggestions before i tear into it ? thanks
  • panhead3panhead3 Posts: 3
    Any suggestions on soldering to the glass of the rear window
  • mcalvomcalvo Posts: 1
    On my 2000 Denali, power for those devices is provided from the retained accessory power which is controlled by the BCM (body control module) which is in the console.I had the same problem with the radio, wipers and windows all stopping. I tried running the diag procedure for the BCM but couldn't get in to run (would tell if there were any fault codes). I then read online about a loose connection in the BCM, so I took the 4 screws out of the console, got access to the BCM and removed it. inside is a small circuit board. On the back of the circuit board where most of the soldering is, there was a bad connection to a relay. Re-soldered the connection and the problem went away.
  • I have a 2003 Yukon Denali having issues with Driver door only, no power locks, no window functions from Drivers side door only, fuses are all fine, any ideas?
  • Hi again,
    Just an update. I got the door panel off - it comes off easily after you remove two screws holding it in place. Then I peeled back the plastic inner liner and located the door ajar switch. It's integrated into the latch mechanism, at the trailing edge of the door. I was able to replace it, button it up and everything worked fine. Now, after several months trouble free, I've had two instances when it was raining hard, that the door ajar message reoccurred, but as soon as the rain stopped, the message cured itself. At this point, it isn't annoying enough to try to troubleshoot. ;)
  • 2008 Yukon. owners manual says "the black/red power feed will not be connected to the battery until the ring terminal is unstowed and connected to the undershood electrical center." Can someone tell me where it is stowed? I'm guessing underneath the fuse/breaker panel (lift the two catches and raise that panel?), but would be nice to benefit from someone's experience. Thanks.
  • I've been having this same problem. Replaced the instrument panel on the door, went to have it programmed and they said it wasn't getting any power. :-\

Did you ever figure out what was going on?

Or does anyone out there have any ideas?
  • sour2sour2 Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    My 2003 denali's headlights flicker when I'm driving over 55 mph, But only when I am making a left or right hand curve.
    My windshield wipers stop working completely along with the washer, Then they start up again, and work fine for awhile. I'm wondering if the problems could be related in the steering colume switch?
  • I have a 2004 Yukon with radio/no sound issue. Normally when you cut the motor off for a few minutes the radio/sound will come back on after re-cranking car. Now I am getting no sound at all, but display on radio is still denoting stations and volume indicator, even though I am getting no sound from speakers. I did a search and was wondering if reflashing body control module will fix problem?? If so, do I have to go to dealer to reflash or can I do it myself??
  • mb04mb04 Posts: 2
    I have a 02 Denalli XL that sometimes when I try to start it will make a click sound and my whole truck will have no power, not the power locks, lights, gauges, nothing. I will have to pop my hood and tap my fuse box and wiggle the positive battery cable and sometimes shake my truck before power will be restored and I can start my truck. It sounds to me like a short at the fuse panel? It does this sometimes very weird. Love my truck other wise. It's a all wheel drive. The postive/negative battery cable has been removed cleaned and tightened. Please help. Thank you in advance.
  • I have a 2004 Denali that blows the 10 amp left turn fuse when the signal is activated/hazards.
    I have unpluged the bulbs and still same result. If I use a 20 amp fuse it will last for 2 or 3 months before it blows again. It will blow immediatley when a 10 amp fuse is installed. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  • gmc2badgmc2bad Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    recent decided to give american product a chance. purchased used 07 gmc from gmc dealership. headsets broken on video player, sales person acted like he didn't give a sh$%t after I signed the paper work. Major problem is vehicle will not start. Have to get out open hood and shake battery cable- thought it was battery, had veh checked out a dealer and was told is fine. Have had 22 incidents where veh will not start. Have appointment again w/ gmc dealer. I'm sure they are going to say its fine. I will not be a promoter for gmc w/ this history
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,055
    gmc2bad,
    How are things going with your vehicle? What happened at the dealer?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • dovenshiredovenshire Posts: 1
    My wifes 2007 Yukon Denali is completely dead, no ding when the key is in, no overhead lights, nothing. I am thinking it is the fusible link but I cannot find it. Does anyone know where it is located, or any other suggestions? :sick: