Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler Minivan Problems & Solutions

Comments

• dustykdustyk Posts: 2,931
    Did anyone suggest a cam or crankshaft position sensor to you?

Regards,
    Dusty
  • jgilbertjgilbert Posts: 1
    my service engine soon light, and airbag light comes on and does not go off.
    any help please? :cry:
  • I just had new front brake pads put on my GC '01. I was expecting the brake pedal to have very little play, and to barely need applying to stop, but it still goes down about a quarter of the way and requires firm applying. It does stop much better, but still has the play in the pedal. My question is this: Should the pedal have play in it or should it barely need to be applied? Or does the pedal need an adjustment? I've heard of people having their pedal adjusted because it went too far down when applied.
    The main reason I'm asking is because I'm not sure I fully trust the place I had the pads replaced at, and am hoping they did it correctly. I don't know how to physically check the pads.
    Thanks for any help. :)
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    Technically speaking, there should NEVER be any difference in how much pedal travel you get before your brakes begin to bite, regardless of how much lining you have remaining on your pads. If the pedal travel does vary, THEN you have a problem.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • marine2marine2 Posts: 1,155
    Do you know if they bled the brakes after installing the new pads? Made sure the fluid is full?
  • I know they filled the fluid dispenser because they made a mess and spilled some around it, but I don't know if they bled the brakes. All the receipt said was replaced brake pads....
    I'd take it back and tell them what it's doing and ask them if they bled the brakes.
  • jborrisjborris Posts: 1
    Is this fix still working? I read in another forum that the problem is computer related,and that if you disconnect the battery the computer will reset and voila you have gauges. I did try the battery trick. It work for a while and then the problem gradually returned after a few weeks.

Thanks
    JB
  • georgia80georgia80 Posts: 1
    I have Chrysler Voyager 1992 (6cylinder 3.3) it has a fault #22 can you help me with that what does it mean? :lemon:
  • masterpaul1masterpaul1 Posts: 421
    We have a 2001 DGC EX. Just last week I noticed that on the lower part of the speedometer, there was a part not illuminated (It was very dim). I tapped the plastic sheild a few times and it illuminated back up again. Well on occasion, I notice that it has been doing the same thing a few more times. How do you get to the light bulbs that illuminate the instrument cluster? I believe this bulb is either going out or is loose.
    Thanks
  • royallenroyallen Posts: 221
    georgia80, My Haynes 84-95 manual lists code 22:"Coolant sensor voltage too low or too high." The description is Coolant temperature sensor input voltage too high or too low. This sensor is located on the thermostat housing where the large upper radiator hose attaches to the engine. Roy
  • Check the wiring in the Steering column.

There was a loose connection in our 97 dodge caravan and that was the cause.
  • We seem to have a similar problem. We also purchased a 2002 Dodge Caravan (4 cylinder) in December 2001. Our car first began stalling out in 2003. At present, it is at the Dodge service shop for the 9th time for this same unresolved problem! They have replaced numerous parts including the fuel pump, cam sensor, power control module, ignition coil, ignition cable, and some other things and the problem still has not been resolved. Many times, no code appeared, while other times a code of P1684 pops up, followed by the word "done." We also hear a "ticking" noise when this happens, which appears to be coming from the fuse box. I am curious if your issue has been resolved.
  • jm52jm52 Posts: 4
    HELP URGENTLY REQUIRED. MY VEHICLE IS LEASED. 20 CENTS PER km
    FOR EVERY km over monthly allowed 1667, yearly 20004. NEVER PAID ATTENTION, MY FAULT HOWEVER WHAT l'M LOOKING FOR IS AN ANSWER TO A QUESTION.... PREFERABLY MORE THAN ONE RESPONSE TO VERIFY MY THEORY MIGHT BE CORRECT. -- IE ANYONE WITH SIMILAR PROBLEMS. 11 PLUS MONTHS OF USAGE ACCORDING TO ODOMETER 34460
    MINUS 20004 = 14459 X 20 CENTS PER KM =$2891.80 . AFTER 3 YEARS AT THIS RATE --- A PENALTY OF CLOSE TO $9000.00 PLUS A BUY OUT
    THIS A 97 PLYMOUTH VOYAGER. IF I EXCEEDED 20000 KM IN A YEAR THAT WOULD BE A MIRACLE .... TRUST ME !!!!!!THERE HAVE BEEN A HOST OF ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS - MOSTLY MINOR, UNTIL NOW - RELAY SWITCHES AND MOST RECENTLY A PROBLEM WITH
    STARTING, FLASHING LED'S (ACCORDING TO DODGE / PLYMOUTHS' OWN
    DATA BASE A PROBLEM WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING UNIT --- DASHBOARD CLUSTER. AN INTERMITTENT PROBLEM IS HARD TO PROVE. ie it works, now it doesn't, now it does !!!!!!!!
    One day the VAN STALLED, EVERY LIGHT ON THE INSTRUMENT PANEL FLASHED AND DIED. A SOUND COULD BE HEARD, LIKE A CLICKING, YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT I HIT THE JACKPOT ON A SLOT MACHINE. THE VEHICLE DID START EVENTUALLY. THE TRIP READING WHICH I RARELY USED BUT FOOLISHLY RESET INDICATED A READING OF OVER 10, 500 KM'S I HAVE FAITHFULLY MAINTAINED ALL ASPECTS RE UPKEEP OF THIS VEHICLE. I RECENTLY SPENT OVER $2000.00 FOR A NEW TRANNY.
    I ASKED ABOUT TRANNY PROBLEMS WHEN THE LEASE WAS SIGNED. I WAS REASSURED THAT YES THIS WAS A PROBLEM WITH DODGE / PLYMOUTH CARAVAN / VOYAGER, BUT IT WAS A PROBLEM THAT HAD BEEN CORRECTED, IN OTHER WORDS, NOT AN ISSUE ON YEAR 1997.
    DID I TAPE THE CONVERSATION? NO !!!!
    DID I GET A SWORN STATEMENT TO THIS EFFECT? NO !!!!
    NOW THE ODOMETER, WHICH I KNOW WAS ACTING WEIRD, IF ONLY ON AN INTERMITTENT BASIS.
    PROBLEM: I PAY, "IN GOOD FAITH" AND FIX CURRENT PROBLEM WITH ELECTRICAL SYSTEM --- NOW THE ODOMETER WORKS FINE ????
    I DONT' NEED A FIX TO THE PROBLEM, JUST MORE THAN ONE CONFIRMATION THAT "THE ELECTRONIC CLUSTER" THAT CONTROLS THE ODOMETER READING, COULD HAVE BEEN, EVEN TEMPORARILY MALFUNCTIONING ---- IN A SERIOUS WAY......
  • kadsr1kadsr1 Posts: 2
    99 ram instrument cluster will not light up but all gauges
    and trouble lights still work. are there any fuses that control
    this? If not what could be checked to find a solution.
  • emmy21220emmy21220 Posts: 1
    Hi! I had the same problem with my 1997 Dodge Caravan. There was a recall for a lot of people having the problem. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it...haven't had a problem with it since. I believe it was the clockspring assembly being wound too tight. :)

Hope this helps...
  • Yes jhconcord,

I also have had a gas smell in our 1996 T&C minivan. One day while searching under the hood, I found where I believe the gas is coming from.
    It has only happened a few times, but happens so rarely that I have not had a permanent fix performed. The gas smell seemed more intense if the blower was running for any reason, as you may have noticed. The source of the intermittent leak on ours is the fuel supply rails that supply gas to the injectors. The exact location of the leak is the joint where the "U"-shaped fuel line connects to the two straight fuel supply rails. Only the joint closest to the front of the vehicle leaked on ours. This might be a place to start with your dealer or auto mechanic.

Good Luck and best regards,
    Town & Country Owner
    I didn't realize that they leased used cars and vans.

I DONT' NEED A FIX TO THE PROBLEM, JUST MORE THAN ONE CONFIRMATION THAT "THE ELECTRONIC CLUSTER" THAT CONTROLS THE ODOMETER READING, COULD HAVE BEEN, EVEN TEMPORARILY MALFUNCTIONING ---- IN A SERIOUS WAY......

I would check other Chrysler/Dodge dealers and just ask the service managers if this is possible, without telling them about your leasing it and see what they tell you. If you can get one to confirm it, have him put it in writing. If not, couldn't you just buy the van at the end of the lease without paying a per mile overage penalty?
    I would think that penalty would only kick in if returning the van after the lease.
  • jm52jm52 Posts: 4
    Thank you [marine2] for info & suggestions. (sorry to all users for long message - all caps) I will do what you suggest - makes sense. Still be curious if anyone has had problems similar or close to same. thanks again - calm reasonable approach appreciated.
    I really would ask about having to pay an overage penalty if you bought it after the lease. I can't see why you should if not turning it back in, but I could be wrong. It might help give you some peace of mind if all the problems have been worked out of your van and your considering buying it.