Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler Minivan Problems & Solutions

Comments

• oldlion75oldlion75 Posts: 2
    I have a 97 Dodge Caravan Sport that I had to change out the battery in yesterday. Now the little amber lights on the A/C panel flash on and off. How do I clear this out?
  • vchengvcheng Posts: 1,286
    This has been posted many times on these boards. Try a search, and you are sure to come up withe the details of how to do it yourself.
  • cbwilshacbwilsha Posts: 70
    See message # 754.

C.B.
  • oldlion75oldlion75 Posts: 2
    It worked. I am shocked but not surprised. Somethime you have just got to laugh at the answers life gives you. Thank you both for the help. I hope to return the favor one day.
  • i have a 93" grand voyager (le). most of the time it runs fine.butevery couple of days when im driving it it will sputter and make a popping niose in the motor area.
    so of course i floor it. (usually happens in the middle of an intersection) it will do that until i get home. start the van back up, then it will run fine for a couple more days. i did a visual inspection of motor. everything looks o.k. (air filter, vaccum lines, fluids.) though maybe bad gas. put in fuel injection cleaner. nothing different. also when it happens it will lose power. rpm guage will go between 100-200 and then go back to normal. oil guage does same thing. especially when i put it in park after driving. not all the time (most) when this all happens i won't even get a CHECK ENGINE light if anyone can help me i would appreciate it vry much. thanks
  • johnbenderjohnbender Posts: 17
    No, I can't say that I have that problem with the airbag light.
    Well now I have a new problem with my 2001 chrysler voyager. The engine malfunction light came on, so I had the shop hook it up to the computer to see why the light is on and the computer said there was a problem with the brake switch. I called the dealer and the part is only about $15 but I was wondering if this was a job I could do myself. I know where the brake light switch is located and it doesn't look that hard to remove it and install a new one, but then again I know on some vehicles it involves bleeding the brakes and such. Has anyone else out there had this problem before with the brake light switch, if so were you able to replace it on your own?
  • johnnicjohnnic Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan whose wiper arms on the windshield occasionally hit each other while going back and forth. When this happens the blades are shot and once it even bent the driver side wiper arm. Anyone have this problem/know how to fix. I think that I have figured it out after them running fine through some rain storms and then it happens again.
  • The 25 amp fuse marked "engine" keeps blowing on my 96 Plymouth Grand Voyager, usually after about 10 miles of driving. I've taken the car to a dealership, and they could find nothing wrong. Has anyone seen a similar problem before?
  • amandakamandak Posts: 1
    Ok...I have a 1990 Dodge Caravan that is having issues! Number one I was driving and it stalled out, before it stalled, I hit the gas pedal and it slowed down faster. After letting it rest for a few minutes, the van proceeded to start. The problem occured a few other times, but it always started. About a week ago it happened again, and it hasnt started since. We were told to replace the fuel filter. We did. We were told to replace the fuel pump. We did. To no avail. We changed the battery thinking that there just wasnt enough power in it to start the thing. Again, no success. We have been told to change the relay to the fuel pump, yet are having issues in finding the location of the object, so we can change it. The car seems to want to start but doesnt appear to be getting fuel to the engine. We do not hear the fuel pump start when we turn the key. The old fuel pump apparantly wasnt the problem either as it was tested after it was changed and it worked just fine. Can someone help me please!?!?!?!?!?!?! :cry:
  • chan1chan1 Posts: 5
    I have 2001 Chrysler Voyager. Everytime I turn my steering wheel the air bag light comes on. I took it to the dealer and they could find out why. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Please help..... :cry:
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Posts: 1,564
    I haven't had this problem, but it could be related to a failure of the "clockspring" in the steering wheel assembly, which I believe feeds power to the airbag as the wheel is rotated. There was a recall on this part for a number of model years, so you may even be covered under a recall. Check with your dealer.
    I went into the NTSB and Chrysler website and didn't see anything on the clockspring. Should I ask the dealer again? Thank you for your assistance.
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Posts: 1,564
    I would think your dealer would have some experience with the clockspring and what problems it causes, I know there was a recall and replacement for earlier year Caravans as our 1996 was subject to this recall, so I would talk to the service adviser specifically about your symptoms and suggest that you think it might be related to the clock spring, especially since the airbag light going on and off is related to turning the steering wheel.
    I just spoke to the dealer and they are telling me there was a recall between 1998 through 2000 vehicles. Well my van is 2001. Their attitude is it's your problem not our. I guess I have to pay for this myself. I also emailed the Chrysler Corp and explain my problem and my dissatisfaction. I hate to say this but what happens after the sale is customers problem. I probably never buy another Chrysler again. :mad: :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • 97xpresso97xpresso Posts: 249
    Clockspring is not that big of a deal. Part is not expensive, and you can install it yourself if you're handy.
    Well I talked to the dearler and it's going to cost $150. I want to thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
  • slowhandslowhand Posts: 2
    I've searched for this problem and not found it exactly, so apologies up front if I'm repeating someone else's post.

My 1998 T&C yesterday started, ran and quit after 5 seconds. It repeated the stunt. Then, it displayed no LED display for the odometer, trip meter, transmission function, no overhead console display and will not engage the starter at all. Nothing. Depressing the two outer buttons on the overhead console displays "ccd", then a dim flashing all display grid of the display. All upper dash lights operate nominally, (alarm, airbag, ABS, etc). I've checked the obvious (battery terminals, contacts etc.) Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a know 'issue' The T&C has 175000KM (Canadian) on it - well maintained and has been operating nominally. Suggestions are most welcomed. Regards and thanks for your expertise, everyone.
  • dennisctcdennisctc Posts: 1,168
    Well I talked to the dearler and it's going to cost $150. I want to thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

what I rip off!!!!! My company manufactures Clocksprings, we've quoted them to DCX. We charge about $10-$15 for one!!! talk about markup!!! We don't supply this specific Clockspring to DCX, and they're all soo very different or I'd send you one for free!!!

I think a company by the name of Methode makes them for DCX.
    It could be something as serious as a blown head. If you have a lot of miles on the engine the engine may need to be replaced. Usually loss of power and popping noises in the engine signals that the engine is about to go out. I had that same thing happen on a vehicle before, not a minivan, but the vehicle had over 200,000 miles on it. It started putting out and making a popping noise in the engine. I would take it to the shop for a diagnosis asap. You may also want to check and see if you are losing oil. If you are losing oil or the oil has water in it then you may have a blown head.