Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler Minivan Problems & Solutions

Comments

• I'm anew member and I was reading the post and saw yours, I have a 01 grand that was doing the same thing had it to the dealer 3 times. could not find anything wrong. Then they got a new mech. the 4th. time I was there he heard the problem. and put a new ignition sw. in and it sovled the problem.
  • mikew58mikew58 Posts: 10
    Anyone know right off the top of their heads what size chrome lug nuts a 01 GC with steel wheels takes?
  • fantascpfantascp Posts: 175
    Hi:

My Son is going on vacation- He has a 2000 Plymouth Voyager Van- Can you remove the cross-bars on the luggage rack so we can use a Sears-X-cargo luggage container instead?

The 2 sliding cross bars are not far enough apart to allow the X-cargo to sit flush on the roof-

Thanks for any help.
  • Take one lug nut off the wheel and use at the store you are buying the replacement lugs, to get the correct size. :shades:
  • mikew58mikew58 Posts: 10
    Thanks, but actually I was buying for a vehicle that was not available. They are 12 X 1.5. :)
  • juanhjuanh Posts: 1
    have you got any solutions? becasue I have the same problem.
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    I did a search on this and didn't find any hits. Hmmm, could ours be the first? Not likely.

So, over the last week Mrs. Shipo has been complaining that the left side power sliding door of our 2003 DGC ES has gotten very stiff when operated manually. I tried it and sure enough, it operates perfectly normal in power mode, however, opening and shutting it in manual mode is rather difficult taking a fair amount of arm strength to slide the door along the track. Having never taken the mechanism apart my first inclination is to suspect a problem with the "Star Wheel" disengaging from the motor. Does this device have some sort of a clutch or does the motor free-wheel rotate in manual mode?

Any of y'all ever had this problem before?

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • canniscannis Posts: 1
    Posting here for first time with other problems...but, have noticed recently that my 2001 t&c left power slider is also stiff when used manually...nothing like the old doors gone bad, but definitely made me wonder. No trouble with power locking (to complete close) and like Mrs. Shipo's, works fine in power mode...might help to know that hers is not isolated case...................MAIN TROUBLE: ...
    windshield replaced, next day outside thermometer reads all over the place, including way below zero...was hot day here ... trip to dealer for service, replaced sensor in front bumper ("was broken...hole in it") though I never banged the bumper...still not working when I drove it away, next trip and next trip to service and module replaced, then "burned out with short in wiring" so replaced again, then wiring "replaced" to bypass short...drove away, STILL not working...causes heat to come on, then air, then heat, depending on "outside temp" to deal with inside thermostat setting (i.e. 72F)...so, picked up Thursday eve, not working, driving it because I have to, and temp reading slightly less eratic (weather been cooler here), and tonight, missed family reunion due to coolant temp registering overheat, though engine not very warm, plenty of coolant...oh, passenger side power window has not worked properly for weeks...also, seat heaters replaced on recall notice few days before windshield replaced by local glass company, compliments of service center due to broken on their lot when I bought it (used). Extended warranty probably expired by now...70,000 miles, I think...though unsure if this electrical problem covered, anyway.
    Any ideas?
    C-
  • does anyone know where I can find the housing for the evaporator.
  • jdvoigtjdvoigt Posts: 4
    I had my evaporator replaced, and they mechanic had to pull the dash. It's basically behind the dash along the firewall...
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    There is a very good possibility that you have two evaporators in your van, one in the dash and one behind the right rear wheel.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • xdaax51xdaax51 Posts: 1
    I had yhe same problem in my 96 grand caravan my bet is if you turn off the a/c and defroster it will go away. if it does the compressor is ready to sieze up. My fuel pump also went. not an easy fix it is in the fuel tank. about 400.00 for fuel module and 225.00 labor at the dealer. good luck
  • aprendizaprendiz Posts: 17
    I got this code for Voyager 2000, any ideas for troubleshooting it?
    Thanks
  • mfahey1mfahey1 Posts: 419
    Look underneath back by the gas tank and you should see the charcoal cannister. Check it for loose or cracked hoses for starters. That's what the issue was with our 2001.
  • shipo - I had a similiar problem with my 2005 Grand Caravan - luckily it was still under warranty so the dealer replaced the hinge motor.
  • I've had two Dodge minvans and with both I heard a hummimg noise from the back of the vehicle. Never considered the fuel pump. Of course the dealer never heard of such noises. I always thought it was the brakes rubbing. I'll pay more attention to when the gas level is low. It would always happen when making left turns.
  • My 2005 Grand Caravan SXT is experiencing a P0303 with only 36500 miles.
  • I have a 1999 Town and Country that had a radiator fan short and blew one of the 40 amp fuses and the "service engine soon" light came on. After I fixed the fan motor, it works fine, but the error light is still on. I have tried to see if there is something else wrong by reading the codes using the ignition on-off sequence I heard mentioned in this forum, but I cannot get it to work. Is the procedure described in detail somewhere or does it just not work in my van?
  • I have a 1999 Town and Country that had a radiator fan short, blew one of the 40 amp fuses and the "service engine soon" light came on. After I fixed the fan motor, it works fine, but the error light is still on. I have tried to see if there is something else wrong by reading the codes using the ignition on-off sequence I heard mentioned in this forum, but I cannot get it to do anything other than show me miles. Is the procedure described in detail somewhere or does it just not work in my van?
  • dilipcdilipc Posts: 1
    I have 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan. I have similar problem. My van run OK most of the time, but every few days while I am driving, it will stall. It seems like gas doesn't reach engine. Most of the time it restarts immediately. On few occasions, it will start after 20-30 minutes. I took it to the dealer, but he could not figure out the problem as it is not easily reproducible. Any help will be appreciated.